• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Depth Chart Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
So the Ravens recently released their depth chart (below if you want a look) and it had some weird surprises, such as Tim White being listed after Kenny Bell (????).
I want to hear what you guys think the season depth chart will look like and what surprised you. View attachment 98

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tim White needs to earn his spot and I'm sure he will bypass Kenny Bell, although I liked Bell coming out of school.

TWill is list after Z Smith and I'm sure it's because he is a rookie and they don't want to just hand it to him. This depth chart will change.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
There will defintly be some changes here.

I heard Austin Howard was signed and he'll probably take over the RT spot and move Hurst to the 6th man swing role.

I find it laughable Maclin not on 1st team. Also Camp on 2nd team? Boyle being the leader at TE is interesting also but he could our best overall TE.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
nothing new. harbaugh never has and never will GIVE a guy the job unless its his by default.

tim williams will not be behind zadarius smith, im certain of that. i also highly doubt chris wormley is locked into the third team.

also, just wanna point out, everyone called wormley a 5T and i was one of the only ones saying he would be better at 3T, i win.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Brandon Williams being officially listed at DT is the biggest eye-catcher in my book. Could help explain why we reset the market for him. I hope he makes strides as a pass rusher. But at least it helps get Pearce on the field.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
nothing new. harbaugh never has and never will GIVE a guy the job unless its his by default.

tim williams will not be behind zadarius smith, im certain of that. i also highly doubt chris wormley is locked into the third team.

also, just wanna point out, everyone called wormley a 5T and i was one of the only ones saying he would be better at 3T, i win.

I now see why you say you spit hot fire.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Brandon Williams being officially listed at DT is the biggest eye-catcher in my book. Could help explain why we reset the market for him. I hope he makes strides as a pass rusher. But at least it helps get Pearce on the field.
I think he could excel at that spot, especially considering we could also play Piece. I think if we constantly had those two on the field it would be very hard to run on us. Our rush will come from the linebackers regardless so maybe they want to shut down the rush more. I actually really like Urban due to his size it seems he constantly battled or tipped a pass.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think he could excel at that spot, especially considering we could also play Piece. I think if we constantly had those two on the field it would be very hard to run on us. Our rush will come from the linebackers regardless so maybe they want to shut down the rush more. I actually really like Urban due to his size it seems he constantly battled or tipped a pass.
Film Study wrote an article last season regarding Brandon Williams as a 3T and that he didn't fair well, breaking down his plays. Now it was his first year as a 3T, so let's hope he improves in that role.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yep, they are actually hoping they've finally found Ngata's successor. I doubt he can play close to Haloti's level but him and Pierce will be a handful on that side, no matter who lines up where. At least one will have to be double-teamed all the time, then Judon, Williams, Bowser and Sizzle will have a field day. It could also open extra room for blitz. On paper, and with good secondary, this looks like nightmare defense pretty much. For the opponents, of course.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yep, they are actually hoping they've finally found Ngata's successor. I doubt he can play close to Haloti's level but him and Pierce will be a handful on that side, no matter who lines up where. At least one will have to be double-teamed all the time, then Judon, Williams, Bowser and Sizzle will have a field day. It could also open extra room for blitz. On paper, and with good secondary, this looks like nightmare defense pretty much. For the opponents, of course.
*blows lead in fourth quarter anyway*

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Film Study wrote an article last season regarding Brandon Williams as a 3T and that he didn't fair well, breaking down his plays. Now it was his first year as a 3T, so let's hope he improves in that role.
Same here. Interior pressure is key in today's league. I'm hoping the added level of comfort in his second year with experience in the role helps him become a capable pass rusher.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
TBH I'll be stunned if brandon Williams become a high end 3T. Now if you're talking about stuffing the run from the 3 with pierce at the 0/1 that's another story, but I don't think he'll ever be the guy applying pressure from the 3 in a nickel front. The boys got too much girth to penetrate. He and pierce could push the pocket I'm sure, and that's undervalued, and if they could do it consistently that would be awesome, but I feel like shoving 3 blockers into the qbs lap is just not something that you can do on a very consistent basis using brute force

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tim White needs to earn his spot and I'm sure he will bypass Kenny Bell, although I liked Bell coming out of school.

TWill is list after Z Smith and I'm sure it's because he is a rookie and they don't want to just hand it to him. This depth chart will change.

I'm excited to see what tim white can do. I hope he gets that 6th WR spot.
I see 6 WRs, 4 locks (perriman, maclin, Wallace, Moore) the next 2 will be a combo of camp, Matthews or white.
Camp and white play the same role, and John seems to love injury prone camp. So we'll have to see.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm excited to see what tim white can do. I hope he gets that 6th WR spot.
I see 6 WRs, 4 locks (perriman, maclin, Wallace, Moore) the next 2 will be a combo of camp, Matthews or white.
Camp and white play the same role, and John seems to love injury prone camp. So we'll have to see.
I like White as a WR, but he's not doing well in special teams drills. White struggled early on the ST drill this week as Rosburg yelled at him to re-try the drill three times.I believe if it comes down to Matthews or White, White needs to beat him out by a good margin, because Matthews is really good on special teams and not a bad receiver either.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
People on Facebook saying Humphrey is a bust because he's the 4 listed corner. Smh, y'all must be new to this

The Raven

Veteran
this depth chart should be viewed through the lens that the first depth chart should always be viewed through: it has nothing to do with the team and is filled out by kevin byrne based on what he's seen and his expectations...
Kevin Byrne has been with the Ravens a million years, isn't an idiot, and watches what players take reps with what teams. I'll give it credence.