• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Depth Chart Thread

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Facebook posters have turned every ravens thing into a Colin Kaepernick wank session. Half of them want him as the full time starter if Flacco was healthy.

Ah. I miss the old boards.

Half of them probably aren't actually Ravens fans.

Half of them cannot spell Kaepernick correctly.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Facebook posters have turned every ravens thing into a Colin Kaepernick wank session. Half of them want him as the full time starter if Flacco was healthy.

Ah. I miss the old boards.
Same thing on Twitter and Instagram posts. I still don't understand how people don't realize we have many other needs before a back-up QB.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually think Pierce could be the better DT of the two. He's a bit quicker than Williams, and seems more likely to get into the backfield.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I actually think Pierce could be the better DT of the two. He's a bit quicker than Williams, and seems more likely to get into the backfield.
I agree, I'm surprised they are giving pierce the nose spot, williams seems much more likely the better nose and pierce seems like the better DT. Williams has a 3-man anchor that rivals wilfork in his prime, he's able to push and slide and occupy the whole interior, eating up both center gaps and often occupying 2 blockers and keeping a third on his heels.

I guess pees has some innovative design. Could be interesting, bwill crashing an OTs inside shoulder with power and leverage advantages, and working the 0 and 5 with quickness and penetration.

Makes me think pees has something up his sleeve to make the rush LB really stand out.

Any clarification on which side bwill is playing the 3? I would guess he's on the weak side, Tim Williams should have a whole lot of fun if that's the case.

The Raven

Veteran
I'll concur with those thinking the big news is B-Will being listed at DT and not NT. If he's cut weight I'm about it. Willie Henry at #2 DT is interesting. I've heard he's looking a lot better.

Still don't know why Tyus Bowser is at Sam but I'd like to see it play out in the preseason.
I agree, I'm surprised they are giving pierce the nose spot, williams seems much more likely the better nose and pierce seems like the better DT. Williams has a 3-man anchor that rivals wilfork in his prime, he's able to push and slide and occupy the whole interior, eating up both center gaps and often occupying 2 blockers and keeping a third on his heels.

I guess pees has some innovative design. Could be interesting, bwill crashing an OTs inside shoulder with power and leverage advantages, and working the 0 and 5 with quickness and penetration.

Makes me think pees has something up his sleeve to make the rush LB really stand out.

Any clarification on which side bwill is playing the 3? I would guess he's on the weak side, Tim Williams should have a whole lot of fun if that's the case.
The 3 is almost always on the strong side, in a four man front. Probably always. I can't think of a single time the 3 was on the weak side if there wasn't a 1 and a 5 and 9 on the other. Now in a five man front with a 3-4 base, you could wreak havoc by having Williams at the 5 like we did with Ngata sometimes. Imagine Williams crashing the OT from the 5, with fast-as-shit Bowser coming off the edge, or a safety blitz, or what have you.

I think the shift to DT is a move to be more flexible with our front's biggest weapon. Designating him as a DT and not a NT gives the flexibility to use him anywhere between the 1 and the 5.

The only way I see Zadarius Smith reviving his career is by committing to his power game and bulking up for the interior, he doesnt have the burst or flexibility to bend the edge.

if that were to happen he'd be evolving from the next coming of pernell mcphee into the next coming of courtney upshaw but a lesser version of both...

He is a lesser version of both, but closer to Upshaw. Theres very few who can generate leverage like McPhee.

The Raven

Veteran
He has Eluemunor as a tackle, Wesley as a guard, and has us keeping 10 olinemen but only nine DBs (which is stupid and something we have never done by my memory). Not one but two UDFA WRs and broke ass Campanaro make the team over a fourth round pick in Chris Moore? We're apparently cutting Zadarius to have Tyus "I can't set the edge for a damn" Bowser to be the next man in? Larry Donnel is making the final 53? He has Jaylen Hill, who is listed 7th in a group of 9 corners, over Sheldon Price, who is actually second string and getting some snaps with the ones?

Who is this guy, and do they let anybody write for that site? The 53 man projection aside, the analysis is just lacking. I'm still not convinced Beatdown has anything worth reading. Like, there's no real explanation for why a 2017 draft pick in Chuck Clark is cut while a 7th string corner makes the team. No justification for ZDS getting cut. Where is the substance?

Last edited:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If it were not for the cap situation I could see ZDS getting cut because he is terrible. Due to the cap situation though i can see him making it through the year and getting cut next year. Bowser is probably going to pretty easily take his spot in playing time and I would not be surprised if he isnt dressing most games.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He has Eluemunor as a tackle, Wesley as a guard, and has us keeping 10 olinemen but only nine DBs (which is stupid and something we have never done by my memory). Not one but two UDFA WRs and broke ass Campanaro make the team over a fourth round pick in Chris Moore? We're apparently cutting Zadarius to have Tyus "I can't set the edge for a damn" Bowser to be the next man in? Larry Donnel is making the final 53? He has Jaylen Hill, who is listed 7th in a group of 9 corners, over Sheldon Price, who is actually second string and getting some snaps with the ones?

Who is this guy, and do they let anybody write for that site? The 53 man projection aside, the analysis is just lacking. I'm still not convinced Beatdown has anything worth reading. Like, there's no real explanation for why a 2017 draft pick in Chuck Clark is cut while a 7th string corner makes the team. No justification for ZDS getting cut. Where is the substance?

I don't think we'll keep 10 olineman because I don't think there will be 10 olineman worth keeping

As for ZDS - he's just not a good rusher and he's not a good edge setter - frankly it would likely be Judon setting the edge rather than bowser but it's not like ZDS was a godsend in that department

Jaylen hill has had a good camp and price has never quite broken out - I could see this happening - I think there's an open 6th/7th roster spot there

Chuck Clark is no lock on the roster either... he's a potential special teamer with no real upside as a safety and he's a 6th round pick - we've discarded much higher draft capital if it wasn't worth keeping - if chuck clark is on the team it's 100% because of special teams because I'm pretty sure that's what they drafted him for - otherwise why the hell did they pick him?