• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

League-Wide Sleepers on the Ravens

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Well pittas knack for the tuck and roll catch with open space upfield played a huge role in that
Another difference is Pitta was usually running a route, and sitting down in space w/ his back to the field.

Woodhead will often be coming out of the backfield with eyes up field. Plus hes far more shifty. It's two totally different beasts.

It's almost like they don't remember how often Rice used to bail us out on 3rd downs with short dump offs.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
I think Carl Davis will make a name for himself round these parts again... at least back to respectability and a useful rotational guy.

Jefferson may be ready for stardom. I see lots of big plays and turnovers for him this year. Laying the boom stick, breaking up passes, causing fumbles, INT's returned for TD's.... with Weddle steadying the back end, Jefferson is gonna fly around and cause havoc.

I know im gonna kick myself for this one....................................................................... but i think Camp's gonna do it. IF he can stay healthy for a season, he's gonna start opening some eyes. Gosh, im like cringing while writing this bc i know how dumb im gonna look when he stubs his toe tripping over the LoS his first play in the 1st preseason game.

Correa's gonna make a name for himself off Mosley's all pro play just like Orr did. Racking up those clean up tackles, some INT's and some easy fumble recoveries and run stops.

And Judon wont be a household name, but among those that really follow the league and look at in depth stuff like hits, hurries, and sacks, run stops, edge setting, etc.. he's gonna be one of the best, young, all round 3-4 OLB's in the league this year with 10+ sacks, very good run defense, and serviceable coverage ability. Kind of how McPhee had a name for himself among those that were in the know well before he got the contract from Chicago, but was largely unknown by the casual fan.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Another difference is Pitta was usually running a route, and sitting down in space w/ his back to the field.

Woodhead will often be coming out of the backfield with eyes up field. Plus hes far more shifty. It's two totally different beasts.

It's almost like they don't remember how often Rice used to bail us out on 3rd downs with short dump offs.
Yes but ray rice was also our main back so that left people guessing. If i see woodhead in the game as the only back, im automatically thinking pass..

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Yes but ray rice was also our main back so that left people guessing. If i see woodhead in the game as the only back, im automatically thinking pass..

Yeah but that doesn't mean The Ravens can't catch a defense by surprise by calling a run play with Danny Woodhead. Woodhead may not be Ray Rice and his pass catching abilities maybe what he's known more for but he isn't one dimensional.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Danny woodhead is a poor mans ray rice, same exact build and elusive running style, ray was just more durable and had more workhorse power, woodhead just doesn't stay on his feet through contact like ray did, and that's fine, as a receiver he is a freaking clone of him

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Fair point, hopefully he can light em up on gameday

Sounds like White should have an advantage over Camp at this point with Rosberg's comments yesterday about him and Adeboyejo being the best gunners on the roster right now. I'm not sure how the final roster shakes out at WR, but if the team keeps 6 then aside from the locks (Maclin, Wallace, Perriman, Moore), I'd honestly be pretty surprised if the last two weren't Quincy and White.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sounds like White should have an advantage over Camp at this point with Rosberg's comments yesterday about him and Adeboyejo being the best gunners on the roster right now. I'm not sure how the final roster shakes out at WR, but if the team keeps 6 then aside from the locks (Maclin, Wallace, Perriman, Moore), I'd honestly be pretty surprised if the last two weren't Quincy and White.
This is definitely going to be interesting. At this point, I only think one FA WR makes the team, unless the team keeps them both or tries to stash one on the practice squad. I also see a trade coming. Not sure who it is going to be, but we have some pretty darn good UDFA this year and if we are going to keep two of them, a trade would be a great way to take advantage.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
This is definitely going to be interesting. At this point, I only think one FA WR makes the team, unless the team keeps them both or tries to stash one on the practice squad. I also see a trade coming. Not sure who it is going to be, but we have some pretty darn good UDFA this year and if we are going to keep two of them, a trade would be a great way to take advantage.
Yea the DL has been frequently mentioned as a place we could make a trade. If Carl Davis continues to show well in TC and follows up w/ good tape in the preseason games, he could be a good candidate. Has draft pedigree and talent. And seems they really like Pat Ricard, so they may be comfortable moving on from Davis.

Not really sure where else we have value that we could move on from. TE wouldve been a logical spot, but we have almost no flexibility there. Unless Boyle and Maxx really show well, and theyre comfortable with Donnell as the vet presence. Maybe then Watson has some value, but coming off an injury with his contract i imagine that value is all but diminished. And I doubt we'd opt to move one of our young guys, and Donnell was on the market for a while if anyone was even mildly interested.

OLB - Zadarius Smith is the only option but not sure what his value would be league wide.

MLB - McLellan is the only person who would have any value, and he's a spot starter for 2 positions as well as a ST leader. Not sure they'd be comfortable moving him.

Secondary - CB we're too thin as it is with all the injuries. Webb and Levine may have value, but Webb's a team leader, possibly a leader for that nickel position, and a more than capable starter as safety. And Levine has proven capable of playing S, CB, nickel and dimebacker.... as well as being one of our best ST players.

OL no, QB no, RB no, WR no.

So there's a few candidates, but idk how much we could truly expect in return. A low pick or depth piece at best. But maybe thats all they really want is something in return while freeing up the roster spot.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
He'll be more than that.

Think back on all those terrible shotgun draws we ran that went no where.... Woodhead can run thos effectively. It may not be his best skill, but he can run the ball effective, think of how the Eagles use Sproles. Never the work horse, but they sprinkle in enough carries to keep em guessing, and hes a good enough route runner/blocker that even if they know its a pass he can still win.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He'll be more than that.

Think back on all those terrible shotgun draws we ran that went no where.... Woodhead can run thos effectively. It may not be his best skill, but he can run the ball effective, think of how the Eagles use Sproles. Never the work horse, but they sprinkle in enough carries to keep em guessing, and hes a good enough route runner/blocker that even if they know its a pass he can still win.
I know what woodhead csn do it, its just hard to imagine him doing what he did in NE and chargers over here in our offense!

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

White would have to prove he's the better punt returner as well because right now Camp is their best atleast from what I read. Rosberg seems to think The Ravens are set at kick returner but it's punt returner position they need to figure out.