• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

League-Wide Sleepers on the Ravens

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I know what woodhead csn do it, its just hard to imagine him doing what he did in NE and chargers over here in our offense!

Marty M was part of The Eagles coaching staff when Brian Westbrook was there starting running back and to my understanding Westbrook was used like a wide receiver at times in The Eagles offense. This a copy cat league as well so if The Ravens signed Danny Woodhead i'm sure they have looked at how others like The Patriots and Chargers have use him to get better understanding how to use in their offense.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Marty M was part of The Eagles coaching staff when Brian Westbrook was there starting running back and to my understanding Westbrook was used like a wide receiver at times in The Eagles offense. This a copy cat league as well so if The Ravens signed Danny Woodhead i'm sure they have looked at how others like The Patriots and Chargers have use him to get better understanding how to use in their offense.
They wouldn't be smart if they didn't.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
We drafted Buck Allen to be a dual threat runner receiver. But found a slightly more shifty tougher runner in Dixon(DAMMIT!!). Allen has worked on his game and running with more intensity. Maybe he can be an effective dual threat runner. He averaged like 12 yards per catch at one point. Dixon is special rare talent. But if Allen could average 4.1 ypc or more rushing he is as much of a receiver as Dixon. Could really add that dimension to the offense.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
We drafted Buck Allen to be a dual threat runner receiver. But found a slightly more shifty tougher runner in Dixon(DAMMIT!!). Allen has worked on his game and running with more intensity. Maybe he can be an effective dual threat runner. He averaged like 12 yards per catch at one point. Dixon is special rare talent. But if Allen could average 4.1 ypc or more rushing he is as much of a receiver as Dixon. Could really add that dimension to the offense.
Buck is pretty great with the ball in his hands in space. Unfortunately he is an absolute liability in pass protection.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Cant copy what billicheck has going on. But i get your point

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Buck is pretty great with the ball in his hands in space. Unfortunately he is an absolute liability in pass protection.
This. It's really upsetting that an excellent receiving back can't play on third down because he can't pass protect, it's such a crucial aspect and that has kept him off the field.

He may a natural as a wr if he never learns to pass pro, he has excellent hands and a great feel for sitting in space and flows downhill very well with the ball in his hands. I hope he develops somewhere because he could be a nice piece to have if he can round out his skillset

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I would have to take Matt Judon as my sleeper pick. I was very impressed with his hustle, playing hard to the whistle. I think our young pass rushers as a group will take our opponents by surprise hopefully presenting opportunities for our db's.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Correa as my pick. I think the progresses he made and having CJ beside him will let him play fast and reckless. He might make some mistakes but I believe he will make a ton of plays and will back it up with really big, intimidating hits. He is still a decent coverage backer and can at least drop in zone, so he will be able to play on all downs and roam free like Orr did last year because CJ will play a safety net in order to limit his mistakes or bring a lot of plays to his side like he did with Orr. The presence of a respected box safety like Jefferson who OL will have to look a lot at when he is near the LoS will also help his case and give him more freedom.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Correa as my pick. I think the progresses he made and having CJ beside him will let him play fast and reckless. He might make some mistakes but I believe he will make a ton of plays and will back it up with really big, intimidating hits. He is still a decent coverage backer and can at least drop in zone, so he will be able to play on all downs and roam free like Orr did last year because CJ will play a safety net in order to limit his mistakes or bring a lot of plays to his side like he did with Orr. The presence of a respected box safety like Jefferson who OL will have to look a lot at when he is near the LoS will also help his case and give him more freedom.

I agree, KC should shine this year. He's a year older and wiser(still just 23) and will have a lot of meat lining up in front of him to keep him clean.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I agree, KC should shine this year. He's a year older and wiser(still just 23) and will have a lot of meat lining up in front of him to keep him clean.
Yeah, the guy has a pair of top5 run stuffers in the league and a great rotation of DT/DEs in front of him, so he's going to be so free on some plays... I hope we get to see what he looks like blitzing, that's like the one thing I don't know about him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
White would have to prove he's the better punt returner as well because right now Camp is their best atleast from what I read. Rosberg seems to think The Ravens are set at kick returner but it's punt returner position they need to figure out.

Ironically Tim white and Quincy adeboyejo may not need to beat out camp to get on the roster - rosberg was effusive in his praise of them as the 2 best gunners on the team - if they continue to make plays on offense then at least one of them might find themselves as the equivalent replacement for Darren Waller and find their way onto the roster that way...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Even more impressive was how many receptions he piled up. I think it was like 45 receptions with 4 starts or something like that. The guy could go 100+ receptions effortlessly.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Buck is definitely gonna get his chance this year. Maybe not as the receiver but as a change of pace guy.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Correa will be that guy. He's incredibly athletic and he'll have some giant space easters in front of him to let him roam free.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I guess u could add Urban to that list. I know it's early to say and it's only one game a preseason game at that. But he showed awesome power with good athleticism and really good technique and instincts. He is seriously jacked!! He looks like he could lean out a little but damn!! if he gets any more explosive to go with the power and tenchique he could be Defensive player of year candidate!! He looks better than the big dudes SF drafted last couple drafts.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I shouldn't buy into the hype after one preseason game but I thought West looked pretty good and I think this run style really fits him. I could see him having a big year. He just seems to play so much faster now. He won't be a top 5 running back in the league, but I mean I think 1000 yards are still in play.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I shouldn't buy into the hype after one preseason game but I thought West looked pretty good and I think this run style really fits him. I could see him having a big year. He just seems to play so much faster now. He won't be a top 5 running back in the league, but I mean I think 1000 yards are still in play.
West is a quality rb, he didn't just lose his talent, at Towson he was a straight up stud and put that school in the limelight for 2 years. He didn't understand the work ethic needed for the
NFL but got his shit together when he joined his hometown team. After seeing him put together a quality seasons to show that he has matured it shouldn't surprise anyone to see him break out, he's a legit NFL talent.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Michael pierce is now my front runner to break out, yes even more than Urban, I think his performance was every bit as good as urban just he didn't hit home as often. He was incredibly disruptive, I mean tossing guys aside like rag dolls on every single snap, he made brandon williams look like a JAG. Michael pierce could become the best NT in the league this year and I think he's the designated interior rusher now as well, if he has the stamina then coaches will never be able to rotate him out.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Michael pierce is now my front runner to break out, yes even more than Urban, I think his performance was every bit as good as urban just he didn't hit home as often. He was incredibly disruptive, I mean tossing guys aside like rag dolls on every single snap, he made brandon williams look like a JAG. Michael pierce could become the best NT in the league this year and I think he's the designated interior rusher now as well, if he has the stamina then coaches will never be able to rotate him out.

While it would be awesome, it would also be somewhat demoralizing of sorts to know we would then have the best NT in the NFL when it wasn't the NT we just made the highest paid in the league. I am not a hater on the contract we gave Williams and it'd be a great problem to have, but makes me wonder where those funds could've been allocated elsewhere.