• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALI624

Pro Bowler
To quote basically every Star Wars movie, “I have a bad feeling about this.” Just have one of those feelings.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For those interested, in the draft section we annually come together as a group and rank the WRs to create a cumulative top 15 WR ranking this year that list (as ranked by the combined forces of our interested posters here) went as follows:

1) Jerry Jeudy
2) CeeDee Lamb
T-3) Henry Ruggs III
T-3) Denzel Mims
5) Justin Jefferson
6) Brandon Aiyuk
7) Jalen Reagor
8) Tee Higgins
9) Michael Pittman Jr
10) Bryan Edwards
11) KJ Hamler
12) Donovan Peoples-Jones
13) Laviska Shenault Jr.
14) Van Jefferson
15) Lynn Bowden Jr.

Just missed out: Tyler Johnson, Devin Duvernay and Antonio Gandy-Golden

i dont see that comparison at all tbh
Both undersized and athletic. Able to rack up quick pressures on unathletic tackles. Majority of sacks came on stunts. Only difference is Chassion has a few reps in which he beat some of the better tackles in college football, then get washed a play later. Sounds like almost the same player to me. Let’s hope Chassion can develop because he is very young, but the tape doesn’t scream top 10.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Both undersized and athletic. Able to rack up quick pressures on unathletic tackles. Majority of sacks came on stunts. Only difference is Chassion has a few reps in which he beat some of the better tackles in college football, then get washed a play later. Sounds like almost the same player to me. Let’s hope Chassion can develop because he is very young, but the tape doesn’t scream top 10.

i guess i just see a completely different player

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
this per Alber Breer
  • Despite their 14-2 season, the Ravens did not fully replace C.J. Mosley. They have since lost inside linebacker Patrick Onwuasor. They may be in the hunt to fortify that spot tonight. The Ravens have been calling around on linebackers, Breer adds, potentially for a trade-up to land one of this draft’s best. Mel Kiper’s most recent mock draft has Baltimore taking LSU’s Patrick Queen at No. 28, with Oklahoma’s Kenneth Murray going ahead of him. But the Ravens may want to make sure they are in position to land one of these two players by moving up.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I too, cannot shake the feeling that its LB or bust in round one...had that feeling a while but I have yet to shake it. I went back and watched Queen. Im sure I prefer Troy Dye in the 3rd to Queen and would be disappointed by either LB in round one.
I'd be cool if it's Queen, but I certainly do not want Murray. I understand positional value and all and that's the reason I would rather not want a LB in the 1st round. BTW, I'm convinced the pick will not be Murray and have even taken him off my Guess the Picks post.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Via WF-
IND.gif
The Colts have made calls about moving up into the end of the first round. - Adam Schefter, ESPN

Everyone will speculate that it's for Jordan Love, but that would surprise me. I think it's more likely that Indianapolis would move up for a receiver like Brandon Aiyuk.

DAL.gif
The Cowboys will not select Cesar Ruiz with their first pick. - Todd Archer, ESPN

The dream is K'Lavon Chaisson at No. 17, but Archer reports that Ruiz won't be a fallback option. We expect Dallas' fallback options to be a cornerback like A.J. Terrell or Trevon Diggs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this per Alber Breer
  • Despite their 14-2 season, the Ravens did not fully replace C.J. Mosley. They have since lost inside linebacker Patrick Onwuasor. They may be in the hunt to fortify that spot tonight. The Ravens have been calling around on linebackers, Breer adds, potentially for a trade-up to land one of this draft’s best. Mel Kiper’s most recent mock draft has Baltimore taking LSU’s Patrick Queen at No. 28, with Oklahoma’s Kenneth Murray going ahead of him. But the Ravens may want to make sure they are in position to land one of these two players by moving up.

i just dont get how everyone seems to have info this year on us apparently - we never let that stuff get out and we never go into a draft worrying about need

i really dont get all this

really starting to get nervous lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Via WF-
IND.gif
The Colts have made calls about moving up into the end of the first round. - Adam Schefter, ESPN

Everyone will speculate that it's for Jordan Love, but that would surprise me. I think it's more likely that Indianapolis would move up for a receiver like Brandon Aiyuk.

DAL.gif
The Cowboys will not select Cesar Ruiz with their first pick. - Todd Archer, ESPN

The dream is K'Lavon Chaisson at No. 17, but Archer reports that Ruiz won't be a fallback option. We expect Dallas' fallback options to be a cornerback like A.J. Terrell or Trevon Diggs.

a run on corners would be super nice for us

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's also been basically running the draft the last few years - that's always been his passion on the personnel side - it's always been the draft...

2018 felt like a mesh of Ozzie and EDC in a symbiotic relationship in their hand-over draft

Hurst felt like an Ozzie pick
Lamar felt like an EDC pick

lots of the picks felt like ozzie picks in that draft but zach sieler, greg senat, jordan lasley, kenny young, deshon elliott all felt like EDC influenced picks

and just in general the trading and compiling despite giving up picks to get lamar felt like EDC putting his stamp on the draft despite it being ozzie's final draft
I agree with that too, especially hurst being Ozzie and Lamar being Eric, which means that he traded up to get HIS guy in 2 of his top few picks in each of his drafts.