• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Couple tweets on Twitter from Dolphins reporters that they intended on taking Dobbins at 56. Their fans are chapped at Grier lol, they are accusing him of having all these picks and not being brave enough to go get his guy.

It makes sense, MIA always felt like a 2nd round RB team to me. I mean Fitzmagic led them in rushing last year. For piece of mind, if the Ravens wanted Mims and Dobbins, they probably went Dobbins at 55 thinking they at least had a shot at Mims going to 60 and zero chance of Dobbins slipping to 60

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-25_8-25-40.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-25_8-25-40.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 134
  • upload_2020-4-25_8-25-40.png
    upload_2020-4-25_8-25-40.png
    135 KB · Views: 149

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dobbins is a solid football player. Now this draft is a lousy one IMO for Rb's but he doesn't even stand out in it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Dobbins is a solid football player. Now, this draft is a lousy one IMO for Rb's but he doesn't even stand out in it.
proof that you know absolutely nothing. This draft is deep at running back. No there isn't a Zeke, Gurley or Barkley, but this is proof that you only like elite players.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you know what, so I can enjoy today I'm going to put sami on ignore.

I suggest everyone else do the same

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I haven't ignored or blocked anyone here. I guess I'm a lot more grounded about my opinion and feelings than most! Pinch of salt will ya?
I don't ignore anyone either, it's just for today.

This is just today because your comments are so off the wall and uniformed.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't ignore anyone either, it's just for today.

This is just today because your comments are so off the wall and uniformed.

As for the Covid 19 stuff. I know my science and I know how corporation and certain people can manipulate the truth

as for football, Look I could be wrong but I call it as I see it. Always have. It's subjective until time proves otherwise and i've always owned my posts ( when wrong)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You can't trade up into the top 10 and get elite players every year and still have picks for the future drafts. It doesn't work that way, but Sami seems to think thats the way it work. He has absolutely no idea and isn't set in reality.

btw, that's my opinion and I'm totally grounded in my belief.

Just when I think I have him figured out as a regular troll... The man turns out to be the personification of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Back to football - what are we targeting from now on? We need to take some shots at edge!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You can't trade up into the top 10 and get elite players every year and still have picks for the future drafts. It doesn't work that way, but Sami seems to think thats the way it work. He has absolutely no idea and isn't set in reality.

i know, of course not! btw this draft is way better than last years!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just when I think I have him figured out as a regular troll... The man turns out to be the personification of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Back to football - what are we targeting from now on? We need to take some shots at edge!

trust me, I know psychology and you couldn't be more wrong. I take into account everything and cognitive bias is included in my handling of that responsibility. I was a jungian back in my youth.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The absolute worst pick of this draft for the ravens, is Patrick queens pick of jersey number.

Our fucking first round LB picking a number in the 40s is really throwing salt on my excitement.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dobbins is a solid football player. Now this draft is a lousy one IMO for Rb's but he doesn't even stand out in it.
Look Dobbins himself is a good to very good running back - he could perform very well the next couple of seasons and be a top 5 back in the league, but I will still hate the pick. Several studies show the value of rbs is just not there - the evidence is so compelling in one direction that I’m going to need to see some evidence in the other direction to start a conversation.
It’s still very likely Dobbins is an upgrade to our running back corps. He could very well make the offense better - but our offense is already pretty efficient. Teams find the most surplus value in the 2nd round i.e. players who perform much better than their cap number. So it would have been smarter to draft another position.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Look Dobbins himself is a good to very good running back - he could perform very well the next couple of seasons and be a top 5 back in the league, but I will still hate the pick. Several studies show the value of rbs is just not there - the evidence is so compelling in one direction that I’m going to need to see some evidence in the other direction to start a conversation.
It’s still very likely Dobbins is an upgrade to our running back corps. He could very well make the offense better - but our offense is already pretty efficient. Teams find the most surplus value in the 2nd round i.e. players who perform much better than their cap number. So it would have been smarter to draft another position.

I take solace, maybe naively that ben powers might be better than I think. In the limited snaps he had last year he was impressive. Maybe there wasn't anyone on the O line prospects that was anything worthwhile

If you're taking a RB that slides you take a guy like chubb where its blatently obvious that this guy could be SPECIAL

Simba

Staff Member
I'm generally not one to believe the comments coming from the after draft pressers, but I feel like DeCosta and Harbaugh were incredibly forthright last night and this probably did play out like they explained.

JK Dobbins - I don't believe they came into the night thinking that they were going to take him and when he was there at 55, they had to pull the trigger. Based on the comments, I thought they were pretty honest in their assessment that he was a 1st round grade on their board and him being available made it a no-brainer.

Justin Madubuike - Based on the age of our DL, I fully believe that we were targeting DL last night. Once they picked Dobbins and traded back from 60, they recognized that Madubuike, Gallimore, and Elliott were all still available and felt comfortable moving back and still getting one of them. They ended up with what I believe to be the best of the 3.

Devin Duvernay - A calculated risk but clearly for the reaction alone, this was a target all along. They definitely took a risk in hoping that he made it to them if they wanted him that badly, but I think I would have put a 4th based on the depth of this draft. I'm by no means saying this was a reach, but the Ravens clearly thought highly of him and had this guy in mind entering the day.

Malik Harrison - This is the other guy that I think they're referring to when they say that some guys they didn't expect to be there ended up being there. I think we would have been fine without a 2nd ILB but he's a great fit for the D we run and honestly shouldn't have still been available in my eyes.

Tyre Phillips - I'm not going to classify this is a reach necessarily, but this is probably the first time all draft where I think they realized they needed to start ignoring BPA a little bit and actually hit a need. Couldn't go into day 3 with only 3 picks and still a host of perceived needs.

Still have a few things I'd like to see us hit today - another WR, TE, swing T, OLB, and DB. I expect to see us move back a couple of times if possible.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
No. I advocate grass fed animal products along with a specific synergy of reservatrol and camu camu. The key is Vitamins ( hormones) A and D along with magnesium and a VitaminK 1-2-4-7 complex (found in raw butter oil and animal organs) at the right ratio. Zinc- Copper ratio is important too.

Low oxalate veggies too and if you insist on doing the vegetarian or vegan route ( i don't recommend) make sure legumes, nuts etc are all sprouted to release the phytic acid which chelates and stops/limits the absorption of your essential minerals.

Also have some Lugols solution with you at all time. (great iodine blend)

Don't mix your fats with carbs. I prefer going in and out of ketosis to give the kidneys a chance to be strong in the long term. Have a healthy fat to carb ratio of 7:1
I like tripe.
And pizza.
Not at the same time.

So Duvernay was the target all along, never Mims. I hope we can lay the Mims talk to rest along with "I'm glad Ken Murray isnt coming to this team" and politics and the virus and especially conspiracy theories. All into a nice big box of shut the fuck up please.