• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
even if we have a bang average draft - we should still be getting a minimum of 4 major contributors - and with all the players falling to us you have to think its going to be more than 4
Exactly, it feels statistically impossible to have the draft we’ve had because aside from Phillips, bredeson, and Washington, what players are gonna fail and why? I would be entirely shocked if a single player out of Queen, dobbins, madubuike, and Harrison are anything shy of top half of the leagues starters, and I would be entirely shocked if duvernay, proche, and stone aren’t at the very least quality contributors for the duration of their rookie deals. And also, I think at least one of the other 3 are gonna contribute something.

Simba

Staff Member
Interesting from EDC at the presser on the trade at the end of the round

said he really wanted more picks and thought we were coming from a position of strength with the trade we made sending wormley away and we're anticipating some comp picks next year (which is interesting)

Yeah I don't get that unless somehow Peanut and/or Bynes count. Thought the cutoff was now $2.5M to even qualify.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

said he really wanted more picks and thought we were coming from a position of strength with the trade we made sending wormley away and we're anticipating some comp picks next year (which is interesting)
I think the only comp pick would be a 5th rounder for Michael Pierce

rossihunter2

Staff Member
4 is way above average

i think it's percentage-wise the success rate for 1st round and day 2 picks was something like 50% (which would give us 3 players) and then it was a lot lower than that on day 3 but i think we made enough picks that you'd expect 1 to create an impact

hence 4 - but only because our draft class was so big - i wouldnt be saying that if we only made 7 picks with 3 on day 3 for example

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think it's percentage-wise the success rate for 1st round and day 2 picks was something like 50% (which would give us 3 players) and then it was a lot lower than that on day 3 but i think we made enough picks that you'd expect 1 to create an impact

hence 4 - but only because our draft class was so big - i wouldnt be saying that if we only made 7 picks with 3 on day 3 for example
I think a successful draft is 2 to 3 players as starters on the team

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Take your pick

upload_2020-4-26_10-46-22.png

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Weakest position on our entire team after this draft :

TIGHT END.

Tell me what position is worse . Maybe Pass Rusher but I don’t think so .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Weakest position on our entire team after this draft :

TIGHT END.

Tell me what position is worse . Maybe Pass Rusher but I don’t think so .
not really, because Patrick Ricard lines up in h-back and Hurst was most likely going to be getting even less reps this coming year with the evolution of the offense. Currently we have Andrews, Boyle and Ricard and I'm sure we will pick a veteran up. Drafting a TE wouldn't have helped this year due to TE being the toughest position outside of QB to make the transition from college to the NFL.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
here is something about tyre phillips . He must be easily the biggest guard in the NFL. He's 350 pounds and 6 foot 5. That against certain types ( tuitt etc) is great but against those short quick stocky types ( atkins, donald etc) it's a problem. I think he is best suited for LG and just let him beat people up.