• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Right now does anyone have flashbacks of 2017? I remember how everyone was pounding the table for JuJu and we selected Bowser in the second and there was a lot of disappointment. I see a lot of pounding the table for Mims, if he is available, I hope we pull the trigger on him tonight. EDC, trust in The Purpleflock!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Marlon Davidson
Mims
sEpenesa
Baun
IUche
blacklock
greenard
Taylor
There's lots more. Groggy but I am ready now. So excited

any combination of these guys would be amazing in day 2

AJ Epenesa
Ross Blacklock
Jonathan Greenard
Robert Hunt
Denzel Mims
Bryan Edwards
Jabari Zuniga
Marlon Davidson

some are more realistic than others but if Mims, Epenesa or Blacklock were somehow available at 55 that would be amazing
likewise Lloyd Cushenberry potentially an option too if he starts getting close

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Right now does anyone have flashbacks of 2017? I remember how everyone was pounding the table for JuJu and we selected Bowser in the second and there was a lot of disappointment. I see a lot of pounding the table for Mims, if he is available, I hope we pull the trigger on him tonight. EDC, trust in The Purpleflock!

you have to think he'd be high on our WR board of whoever's remaining at the position - height, weight, speed, decent releases, good hands and a nice base to work with as a route runner and he's a GREAT BLOCKER!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Mims and epenesa won’t be available.

I actually don’t believe Robert Hunt will be available either.

however I have this nagging feeling that Baun tumbles all the way down to 55....

Also, I would absolutely take Bryan Edwards at either of our day 2 picks, I’m all in on him, him and Mims have best wr of the class potential, yes over jeudy and lamb

rossihunter2

Staff Member

however I have this nagging feeling that Baun tumbles all the way down to 55....

Also, I would absolutely take Bryan Edwards at either of our day 2 picks, I’m all in on him, him and Mims have best wr of the class potential, yes over jeudy and lamb

even if they dont make it to us - a really good player will make it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
EDC said yesterday in his post-pick presser that there's 25-30 guys left who we think can be immediate impact players and we expect to get 2 of them

was just thinking about the maths and we're guaranteed to get 2 of them based on the ravens board and where we pick - worst case is that the 30th guy would be available at pick 63

I think EDC is going to trade up in the 2nd. Heaps of great players still available, would probably havecto give up a third though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

big Edwards fan and I do believe he will be there at one of our 2nd round picks. I'd rather have Pittman or Mims though, but Edwards will be fine. I also believe Laviska Shenault will do well with Greg Roman. I have no doubt we will be creative enough with him. He does have a low floor though, but a very high ceiling.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
any combination of these guys would be amazing in day 2

AJ Epenesa
Ross Blacklock
Jonathan Greenard
Robert Hunt
Denzel Mims
Bryan Edwards
Jabari Zuniga
Marlon Davidson

some are more realistic than others but if Mims, Epenesa or Blacklock were somehow available at 55 that would be amazing
likewise Lloyd Cushenberry potentially an option too if he starts getting close

with Edwards/Marquise and Boykin we would have 3 guys that can move inside/outside. Edwards is so aggressive with the ball in his hands and dynamic after the catch.
Baun would have me excited. Guessing Uche is a target. I also think we are going to get an interior guy in round two. Davidson/Blacklock? can't get pushed around up front and we really need depth ....love Blacklock but thinking Davidson affords more versatility rotating at 5 and 3.

Also keep an eye out for Raquon Davis in the third if we don't draft interior in 2nd round.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
with Edwards/Marquise and Boykin we would have 3 guys that can move inside/outside. Edwards is so aggressive with the ball in his hands and dynamic after the catch.
Baun would have me excited. Guessing Uche is a target. I also think we are going to get an interior guy in round two. Davidson/Blacklock? can't get pushed around up front and we really need depth ....love Blacklock but thinking Davidson affords more versatility rotating at 5 and 3.

Also keep an eye out for Raquon Davis in the third if we don't draft interior in 2nd round.

blacklock for me would be a dream

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm actually all in for a receiver or a running back or an online pick with our first pick today. I really really really hope we give up 1 third round pick and get up and get someone who's going to be a game changer. Like could you imagine getting Pittman and Hunt in round 2. Seriously if we did that, then we can truly go bpa the rest of the draft and hopefully find gems.

I feel better knowing Juju is a #2