• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm actually all in for a receiver or a running back or an online pick with our first pick today. I really really really hope we give up 1 third round pick and get up and get someone who's going to be a game changer. Like could you imagine getting Pittman and Hunt in round 2. Seriously if we did that, then we can truly go bpa the rest of the draft and hopefully find gems.

depends how the start of round 2 plays out - if our board starts getting pilfered then we might have to come up but i think some great players are going to fall to our picks and we wont need to move up

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If we can land Cushenberry or Hunt with one of our second rounders that would be great. If we could land either Espensa, Gross-Matos, Mims, Higgins, or Blacklock with the other, I would be very happy.
I doubt mims and aj esp fall that far.. if that was to happen we all will be going crazy on these boards lol

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
McKinney
Delpit
Winfield jr
Jaylon Johnson
Trevon diggs
Lucas niang
Josh jones
Ezra Cleveland

that’s 8 players right there off the top of my head that we shouldn’t have too much interest in that are essentially guaranteed to go ahead of 55. Factor in probably 10-16 horrible picks because the second round is LOADED with either reaches on raw upside guys or reaches on low ceiling guys, I think we’re gonna get 2 really good players, just have to hope the guy we pick pans out. I really think Terrell Lewis ends up a raven at 55, and I’m worried about that but also excited.
Just have to make sure we aren't 1 of those 10-16.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s an interesting thought. I wonder if he is indeed on the block.
Highly doubt he is.

I wouldn't view a Cooper/Lamb pairing as anything more than an average group in this league, and they have no depth behind that. I think they took Lamb because a) they thought he was too good to pass on, and b) they wanted to have a good trio of receivers. Trading Gallup doesn't achieve any of those things.

If they're going to be trading a decent receiver to acquire, what I assume, would be draft capital, what are you using those picks on? Likely defense, which would include your secondary, or to add depth at WR, which you just traded away.

And if you want more defensive help, maybe they should have taken a Safety or Corner when they were on the clock, instead of taking a WR, which theoretically isn't that big of a position of "need" for them.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
We definitely look to be a team that will move up in the 2nd. I would love to get Mims there as that would be a huge win. I think Shanult should be there by pick 55 or 60, if he's healthy he's first-round talent that you're getting round 2. I think that's probably the guy who makes most sense here since so many guys will fly off the board at WR by our pick.
My prediction is we do very little moving around. We've got 4 picks today, and I think we make at least that many before the day is over.

I think you'll see one of those guys be WRs, but I don't think it'll be in round 2. I think everybody knows there's not a huge difference in talent between 2nd round and 4th round WRs in this draft.

I think you'll see us get an interior Olineman today (likely in the second round) and get another defensive player or two, likely at LB or DLine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My prediction is we do very little moving around. We've got 4 picks today, and I think we make at least that many before the day is over.

I think you'll see one of those guys be WRs, but I don't think it'll be in round 2. I think everybody knows there's not a huge difference in talent between 2nd round and 4th round WRs in this draft.

I think you'll see us get an interior Olineman today (likely in the second round) and get another defensive player or two, likely at LB or DLine.
I think one of our picks in the 2nd round we will trade down and maybe up in the 3rd.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think one of our picks in the 2nd round we will trade down and maybe up in the 3rd.
Certainly possible. I'm not suggesting we won't move around. I just think we'll be making at least 4 picks today, which means the idea of trading up to like the top 40, or whatever that entails, likely won't occur, since it will cost us an additional day 2 pick (or maybe even two) to make that happen.
Even to just go from like 55 to 40, you're talking at least a 3rd round pick to make that happen.

I just don't see it. Moving up or down 5 spots maybe, but I think that's more likely to happen in rounds 3 and 4, when its a lot cheaper. Ravens always move around quite a bit on day 3 and on the back end of day 2, but I think they like the depth in this draft more this year than in other years.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We should see some player trades today and tomorrow. Going to be exciting.