• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i dont love gallimore - you're right he has a super high upside but at the moment he's a win-early-or-not-at-all pass rusher where he'll win with some lateral quickness and hands but if the OL gets into him the snap is over
Like I said, he had a pretty dramatic change in role and play weight, he’s gotta adjust
To me, Davidson is totally different beast. He's a dog that never stops and is effective outside and in.
Gallimore could be a dog but he needs work. Remember Davidson is gonna be a DT but we have essentially no film on him there, we don’t even know what we’re getting and we’re kinda projecting, at least with gallimore you’ve seen the crazy flash at 3tech.

For the record I’m not even saying I like gallimore over Davidson, I don’t, just using an example of a guy who changed their play late in the process and how you gotta take that into account

I don’t see jones a guard type though, I’ve heard a few say that but I just don’t see it, he’s like a pass pro LT purist lol, like the prototype, I just really don’t see guard with him
From what I watched he was actually better in the run game than pass pro. He needs to rework his pass sets at tackle. I think that won’t be an issue at guard.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So, someone dug into Jeudy's old tweets from when he was 14, and found something amazing.

1661f006fc4a910476a8ea618b847ff7.jpg

A1A

Veteran
Honestly I dont think The Ravens should have full confidence in those guys. This year draft class is too deep for The Ravens to not even attempt at drafting a receiver. They missed out in 2014 when that draft class was deep at the positon and they probably cant afford to do the same this year. Even if The Ravens do have full confidence in their young receivers outside of Brown and Snead I think its important The Ravens draft a receiver with speed and can be used as a kick/ punt returner.

I can get your idea of why The Ravens should trade for a veteran receiver instead but honestly those guys are probably going to cost more. Why do that if a receiver in this draft can do the same or more than a veteran receiver at a much cheaper rate?

It's a a roll of the dice so yea would it be awesome to hit the lotto on a Pro Bowl WR sure but remember we're in a SB or bust moment. Pay a guy good money why not for a ring? I say yes!

We need to get sacks and a lot of them. Queen was a great pick and tbh I dont feel so good about our safties. Lots of optimism but their play has been suspect in recent years. Its SB this year or back to mediocrity with this coach and his played out speech. I hope EDC knows this and makes a splash move for Clowney or Ngakoue.

With that said I'd still be siced if we drafted Claypool.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Mims tonight, PLEASE

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With Round 2 just about to being...

Reminder:

This thread has RULES - please read them... they are important

• There are NO SPOILERS in this thread before the broadcast catches up
  • (we realise that insiders sometimes drop the picks before they are shown on the broadcast and request posters to abstain from posting that information in this thread on draft night until after the pick has been broadcast)
  • We will operate a 1 strike and you’re out policy during broadcast - an initial verbal warning and deletion of post followed by a suspension for any further spoilers - suspensions could potentially last for the rest of the draft
  • The no spoilers rule applies to days 1 and 2 of the draft - if you are not interested in the broadcast you are free to post spoilers elsewhere in the forum but not on this gameday thread
  • This rule does not apply on day 3 because of how behind the broadcast runs but as always please be considerate of your fellow posters

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I wouldn’t just call him just possession receiver he has better route running skills then people give him credit for. I rarely saw him get jammed at the line of scrimmage. Clemson sent him deep quite often. There were times were corners were all over him but he just outsized them for the ball. Probably the best ball skills in the class
I watched a lot Clemson games this year (because of my wife) and Higgins seemed to me to have very good hands. I would be happy with him.