• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JO_75

Hall of Famer

It would not surprise me one bit to see Tua drop into the teens much like Haskins did last year. With his hip injury, and no team doctors have been able to see him throughout the process, he could drop. I don't think he'll have a drop like Aaron Rodgers but he'll drop in the teens and some team will trade up for him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We could have 6 to 8 tackles taken in the first round tomorrow. About 6 of them could be taken before we are otc. That's not counting Cesar Ruiz, who could very well go as high as the Cowboys at 17.

Jedrick Wills
Andrew Thomas
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Breckton
Joshua Jones
Austin Jackson
Isaiah Wilson
Ezra Cleveland

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If Miami is really serious about moving to 3 while keeping their selection at five, and Detroit turns down taking an extra first round pick out of the deal, it would be the most Lion thing ever. Like I'm positive they would get another second and likely one of the Dolphins' first round picks next year. If they turn that down to stay at three, just fire Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia Friday Morning.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like Mock Drafts are about to be ruined and Yannick will have a new home in Las Vegas if this is true.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Looks like Mock Drafts are about to be ruined and Yannick will have a new home in Las Vegas if this is true.

Jags are a mess. Ngakoue clearly doesn’t wanna play for them. They aren’t getting a bigger offer than 19th. Pull the trigger

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If tua falls past LA then the medical is likely a huge issue and teams may not feel comfortable trading up to get him
True, but if he's falling to the middle of the first round, I think teams will care less about the medicals at that point, and it won't cost nearly as much to come up and get him.

There's going to be first round picks taken who have at least some medical concerns, or haven't done the diligence they'd like on the guy.

I'm not buying any of it. I think Miami is 100% taking a QB.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Peter schrager just posted his final mock:

The ravens trade to 23 with the pats (giving up a 3) and grab Patrick Queen

Interestingly though he does that with Murray still on the board and says this:

PROJECTED TRADE WITH PATRIOTS. New England trades down five spots in the first round and picks up one of the Ravens' two third-round picks in the process. Baltimore takes Queen, an uber-athlete who is above Kenneth Murray on at least some teams' draft boards. The LSU linebacker had an outstanding 2019 and will only get better. GM Eric DeCosta is one of the savviest executives in the league. This would be another feather in his cap.

That comment about queen being above Murray on some boards and projecting us as one of those teams is quite telling I think given schragers closeness with Baltimore

Still don’t think we’d trade up like that but if it happens I’d be glad it’s for queen and not Murray

Interesting mock in general though:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-2020-nfl-mock-draft-30-tua-tagovailoa-slides

rossihunter2

Staff Member
True, but if he's falling to the middle of the first round, I think teams will care less about the medicals at that point, and it won't cost nearly as much to come up and get him.

There's going to be first round picks taken who have at least some medical concerns, or haven't done the diligence they'd like on the guy.

I agree - just not convinced it’s tua right now

And this isn’t a normal draft because medical concerns are unable to be checked to get a comfort level

I think the jags or raiders might do it because they’ve got another first round pick each to use on another player

Dolphins likewise have 2 extra picks but they might take Herbert

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
get ready for murray. He's a great guy, he's super religious ( yuck but harbaugh is a brainwashed kooko head anyway so he'd push for those abrahamic nutjobs) and he gave someone CPR and oh, he's really fast and that's your post draft presser.

This is the first time since the perriman draft where I've never been so convinced of trading back and acquiring the biggest draft class we've ever had.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

They might be but when. I can also see them going later after Jordan Love or even a surprize like Jacob Eason later in the 1st rd. They can build the beef first and then go after dessert.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
get ready for murray. He's a great guy, he's super religious ( yuck but harbaugh is a brainwashed kooko head anyway so he'd push for those abrahamic nutjobs) and he gave someone CPR and oh, he's really fast and that's your post draft presser.

This is the first time since the perriman draft where I've never been so convinced of trading back and acquiring the biggest draft class we've ever had.

With only 57 players under contract this could happen. Not sure how many more veterans we can sign under our current cap situation so acquiring more picks might be the best route. Depends on who's available and if they have 3 or 4 guys with the same grade........

Imo if Queen,Espenesa and Ruiz are all gone I'm gonna be shouting for a tradeback. I just dont know if WR is our best route with the current offense we run.