• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JO_75

Hall of Famer
there's 4 in that top tier and more than 4 teams that need one

Giants, Miami, Panthers, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, Jets, Bucs all for sure need tackle help and maybe the broncos too

maybe only the bengals, redskins, lions, raiders and 49ers in the top 15 arent realistic options to take a tackle lol

there will have to be some trading up - probably also why im assuming one of those teams is looking to trade for trent williams

A run on tackles would be great for us

It's almost as if teams are realizing they should invest in an OL before having to give up $200M to a QB.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I got forced to take extra leave day tomorrow due to lockdown!
Any suggestions on how best to kill that time?

tv binge - find a series you can do all of what's out there in a day...

killing eve is around 17 hours so far
watchmen is around 9 hours
stranger things is 21 hours
Fleabag is less than 3 hours
chernobyl is 5 and a half hours

some reasonable options there lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
tv binge - find a series you can do all of what's out there in a day...

killing eve is around 17 hours so far - tried first couple episodes, couldn't get into it
watchmen is around 9 hours - completed
stranger things is 21 hours - don't like it
Fleabag is less than 3 hours - might try this
chernobyl is 5 and a half hours - completed

some reasonable options there lol
Thanks but it was a tongue in cheek post, because draft.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping for a pass rusher or DL at 28th, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens went with a CB or S if thats's what they deem BPA.

I get that the strength of the defence is the secondary, 100%. But there's a reason that it's the strength, it's also a very expensive secondary. That is going to need to change in the next few years, when guys on the offence, Lamar, Stanley, Andrews need a bigger piece of the pie. A young, high end piece in the secondary that's gonna be cheap for a while could be appealing for EDC

Not that it's what I hope for, but I could see a scenario where EDC goes with a Mckinney or Gladney at 28th
I dnt see us going S or Cb.. unless we plan on trading hump

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

im assuming jonathan taylor's lack of reps in passing downs as either a pass protector or a receiver stop him from being a first round type back but he's clearly the best pure runner in the class

I highly doubt edwards goes in 1st unless someone trades back up to grab him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
there's 4 in that top tier and more than 4 teams that need one

Giants, Miami, Panthers, Cardinals, Jags, Browns, Jets, Bucs all for sure need tackle help and maybe the broncos too

maybe only the bengals, redskins, lions, raiders and 49ers in the top 15 arent realistic options to take a tackle lol

there will have to be some trading up - probably also why im assuming one of those teams is looking to trade for trent williams
and a big reason why Ezra Cleveland and Isaiah Wilson are getting late first round buz. I could easily see teams trade into the bottom half of the 1st for these guys.