• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pound the table thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lesser known guys that you wanna pound the table for, put your stamp of guarantee on a guy that you are confident will burst onto the scene, maybe not this year but within 2 years. no obvious ones like Myles Garrett.

And also overhyped guys who think will fail.

I'm pounding the table for:
Budda baker
Alvin Kamara
Derek rivers
Nazair jones
Tarik cohen

Pounding the table against:
John Ross(flames out due to injury)
Taco Charlton
Josh doctson

Last edited:

ALI624

Pro Bowler
I'm pounding the table for:
Chidobe Awuzie
James Conner
Zay Jones
Dan Feeney
Pat Eflein
Cooper Kupp

I'm Pounding the table against:
Cam Robinson
Takk Mckinley

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
For
Forrest Lamp
Ryan Anderson
Zach Cunningham
Cooper Kupp
Carlos Henderson
Taywan Taylor
Alvin Kamara
Zay Jones

Against
Ethan Pocic
John Ross

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Hmmm let's see:

For:
Cooper Kupp
Alvin Kamara
Taco Charlton
Evan Engram
Cameron Sutton
Marcus Maye
Tyus Bowser (sorry had to)
Jarrad Davis

Against:
Dede Westbrook
John Ross

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hmmm let's see:

For:
Cooper Kupp
Alvin Kamara
Taco Charlton
Evan Engram
Cameron Sutton
Marcus Maye
Tyus Bowser (sorry had to)
Jarrad Davis

Against:
Dede Westbrook
John Ross
Gotta say I'm surprised you're pounding the table for taco, I could've swore you weren't a big fan of his

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Gotta say I'm surprised you're pounding the table for taco, I could've swore you weren't a big fan of his
I didn't pound the table for us to take him at 16, but I always liked him as a prospect. You could see his progression through the year and how much he was figuring out the nuances of pass rushing. Now he is with great coaches in Dallas, so I'm pretty confident he is going to tear it up there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i know you didnt put him on your list but you were high on him before anyone else that i remember on the old boards: @JoeyFlex5 , evan engram just caught a td for the 4th successive game on an awful offence
He’s doing amazing, but what other targets does Eli have. Not to take anything away from engram.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i know you didnt put him on your list but you were high on him before anyone else that i remember on the old boards: @JoeyFlex5 , evan engram just caught a td for the 4th successive game on an awful offence
I was definitely one of the first and I was VERY high on him. I didn't pound the table for him this year because with odb/Marshall/Shepard I wasn't sure he would see many targets, but yeah he was one of my A1 guys.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is a reverse pound the table if you will...

John ross - awful pick - knew he would be a terrible pick for the ravens - doesn’t even know where he should line up, is giving up on routes, can’t add anything to the offence - bengals shit the bed on a luxury pick - I feel vindicated in my dislike for John ross through the process and certainly feel vindicated about having him so relatively low on my board

John ross was my lock to fail the whole time... never personally understood the hype

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

John ross - awful pick - knew he would be a terrible pick for the ravens - doesn’t even know where he should line up, is giving up on routes, can’t add anything to the offence - bengals shit the bed on a luxury pick - I feel vindicated in my dislike for John ross through the process and certainly feel vindicated about having him so relatively low on my board

John ross was my lock to fail the whole time... never personally understood the hype
Same here. Even before the combine and learning about his injury history (which is the main reason he's busting right now even though it's early) I never thought his play on the field warranted any first round consideration.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Yep, I was thrilled the bengals took him. I was so glad he was gone before we picked.