• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pound the table thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep, I was thrilled the bengals took him. I was so glad he was gone before we picked.

I cannot believe the Bengals did not pick him for his position over BPA when they saw the other 2 WR were gone and they picked him out of desperation to try and get some help for Green because there is no justification for picking him top 10 at all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I cannot believe the Bengals did not pick him for his position over BPA when they saw the other 2 WR were gone and they picked him out of desperation to try and get some help for Green because there is no justification for picking him top 10 at all.

what they should have done was trade that spot away and pick up an olineman later in the first round - bolles, robinson, lamp or ramczyk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
what they should have done was trade that spot away and pick up an olineman later in the first round - bolles, robinson, lamp or ramczyk
It is possible they tried to trade down but didn’t receive the value they wanted.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Derek Barnett played 32/63 snaps: 3 solo, 2sacks, 1FF, 3 QB hits.
not only that but he on the national stage showed off 2 things that i loved about him through the process - the ridiculous ability to bend the edge and his intelligence to recognise plays as they happened - he got a sack fumble on an incredible turn of the corner and he got his other sack by recognising a bootleg the second the fake happened and going right after dak and taking him down

MY GUY - i hate that he's not a raven but im gonna enjoy watching him play football

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not only that but he on the national stage showed off 2 things that i loved about him through the process - the ridiculous ability to bend the edge and his intelligence to recognise plays as they happened - he got a sack fumble on an incredible turn of the corner and he got his other sack by recognising a bootleg the second the fake happened and going right after dak and taking him down

MY GUY - i hate that he's not a raven but im gonna enjoy watching him play football
Yeah, he’s going to be very good.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ya hes looked fantastic. He was one of the guys i was really hoping for. Im happy with Humphrey though. Humprhey, Barnett, and Marshon Lattimore have been having really good rookie seasons. Anyone else doing well?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ya hes looked fantastic. He was one of the guys i was really hoping for. Im happy with Humphrey though. Humprhey, Barnett, and Marshon Lattimore have been having really good rookie seasons. Anyone else doing well?

loads lol - garrett is coming into his own, jamal adams looks like the talent everyone hyped him up to be, (this one surprises me but) solomon thomas has been a great pick by the 49ers, adoree jackson is improving and is great on special teams and is now playing in all 3 phases

there's too many really to list - you got any guys in particular you interested in?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
loads lol - garrett is coming into his own, jamal adams looks like the talent everyone hyped him up to be, (this one surprises me but) solomon thomas has been a great pick by the 49ers, adoree jackson is improving and is great on special teams and is now playing in all 3 phases

there's too many really to list - you got any guys in particular you interested in?
Jamal Adams is one hell of a leader on defense. He’s perfect for that defense.

Let’s not forget Carl Lawson and T.J. watt as well

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jamal Adams is one hell of a leader on defense. He’s perfect for that defense.

Let’s not forget Carl Lawson and T.J. watt as well

yeah as i say im going through the draft board and im not seeing too many obvious busts yet and there's a lot of rookies playing well so its hard to list them all - the only one who looks really bad so far that went high is john ross (lol) - there's guys who there hasnt been enough data on yet but no one who looks like trash who went in round 1

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Just gonna come back and gloat AGAIN about the Marlon Humphrey pick that I called in February.

When I did my final mock, I think it got something like -26 or something insane because people felt that Humphrey just wasn't worth it. Isn't that cute?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just gonna come back and gloat AGAIN about the Marlon Humphrey pick that I called in February.

When I did my final mock, I think it got something like -26 or something insane because people felt that Humphrey just wasn't worth it. Isn't that cute?
I was always on Humphreys side and liked him but come draft day i wouldve never though he would be the pick

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

I honestly cant remember. Any busts to speak of? John ross and Mike williams havent done much. Nor has davis or Howard

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I honestly cant remember. Any busts to speak of? John ross and Mike williams havent done much. Nor has davis or Howard

mike williams and corey davis have had a load of injuries but have shown flashes of why they were drafted so high

oj howard is improving through the season and had a really great game vs the dolphins - it takes slightly longer for rookie tight ends to develop but he's coming along pretty well and he's not even the number 1 tight end on their roster at the moment because cameron brate is legitimately phenomenal - i imagine those two will be tough to handle next year if the rest of the team can sort themselves out

john ross however apparently isnt interested in playing football, has not mastered the playbook at all, gives up on routes among a litany of other issues - he's being consistently healthy scratched...

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I was always on Humphreys side and liked him but come draft day i wouldve never though he would be the pick
So, I told my girlfriend to grab my hand if they picked Humphrey and closed my eyes and turned away with my ears plugged up. Grabbed my arm and I was so damn excited.