• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: DL Justin Madubuike (71) and Broderick Washington Jr (170)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One of my favourite players in this draft - absolutely unreal value here in the 3rd round. Interior pass rush added to the DL. I'll add some breakdowns and stuff later in this thread at some point but for now I'll leave you with these clips of him at his best. Obviously there are some weaknesses, but the highlights are as good as Kinlaw and Brown...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A player that I'd not seen any film on before we drafted. Projects inside (despite playing 75% of his snaps lined up opposite an OT). Nose tackle type prospect with some athletic traits. Work in progress but has some tools that are interesting

This is an interesting tweet given I'd not come across him:

This might suggest that the team is unimpressed with Daylon Mack. Will be an interesting training camp on the DL (if training camp happens lol).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@Edgar - joe hortiz saying that they dont think of broderick washington as a nose per se - they love his versatility - they mostly think of him as a 3t who can move and play 5t and sometimes shade at 1t - thinking of him as a DT rather than a DE or a NT

does that fit with what you saw from the game you watched earlier today?

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Edgar - joe hortiz saying that they dont think of broderick washington as a nose per se - they love his versatility - they mostly think of him as a 3t who can move and play 5t and sometimes shade at 1t - thinking of him as a DT rather than a DE or a NT

does that fit with what you saw from the game you watched earlier today?
Rossi! that makes me happy to hear. This guy is awesome. Not that Ill prove anything but I'm just finishing a video and Ill post it here shortly. He is a serious 3T that absolutely knows how to extend and shed. powerful hands. plays with great technique and he is position less . They might ask him to play 5T in an odd front and move him over a guard (or shade) full time. He is NOT a NT...he can play there but that is not the way to use him