• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: DL Justin Madubuike (71) and Broderick Washington Jr (170)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
having said that ...what doesnt add up is this

- Led team in sacks (5.5), pressures (34) and tackles for loss (18) in 2019
- 51 pressures in last 2 season when playing DT/NT, most in FBS at those positions

Removing screens, play-action passes and throws within 1.5 seconds of the snap, 2019 FBS leaders in PFF pass-rush win rate:

1. Jordan Elliott (26.1%)

4. Javon Kinlaw (22.8%)
5. Justin Madubuike (22.5%)

T-8. Derrick Brown (21%)

15. Neville Gallimore (18.9%)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i guess i have this feeling about maduibuike and elliot as i had with willie henry and hargraves

I felt the latter was far better but was talked into henry by the br.com forum fanbase.

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i guess i have this feeling about maduibuike and elliot as i had with willie henry and hargraves

I felt the latter was far better but was talked into henry by the br.com forum fanbase.
Same here.Elliott was my preferred choice. However Rossis and Edgar's video helped at bit to convince me.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
having said that ...what doesnt add up is this

- Led team in sacks (5.5), pressures (34) and tackles for loss (18) in 2019
- 51 pressures in last 2 season when playing DT/NT, most in FBS at those positions

Removing screens, play-action passes and throws within 1.5 seconds of the snap, 2019 FBS leaders in PFF pass-rush win rate:

1. Jordan Elliott (26.1%)

4. Javon Kinlaw (22.8%)
5. Justin Madubuike (22.5%)

T-8. Derrick Brown (21%)

15. Neville Gallimore (18.9%)

weird.. when I looked at madubuike TFL on college football reference it was 11.5 TFL in 2019

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

my first attempt at putting something together

I am just now aware of this. Its awesome Rossi! "into the nether sphere...."
The pacing and narration were great and of the course the content was as well.
It struck me on the third play particularly that he does such a nice job of 1 and 1/2 gapping (if you will), by moving the lineman and using him to set the edge.

also, I did not see him as nearly as effective at nose until your vid. Thanks! Also, It made me wonder why I haven't used my actual voice and instead have been effecting a twangy yankee accent. Not sure how I thought that was such a good idea.

Again, Great stuff - Tim

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Or maybe a feeling you once had in 2016 doesn’t correlate to what happens in the 2020 draft and both players can be good.

I’m not so sure about Elliott as a consistent 3 down DT, he’s likely gonna end up the best pass rushing DT of the class, it’ll be between him and kinlaw at least, but I would expect madubuike to be consistently graded out higher overall than Elliott. Madubuike is just a different animal in the run game.

I find it strange that madubuike is a pick that you’re suddenly having a problem with...

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Or maybe a feeling you once had in 2016 doesn’t correlate to what happens in the 2020 draft and both players can be good.

I’m not so sure about Elliott as a consistent 3 down DT, he’s likely gonna end up the best pass rushing DT of the class, it’ll be between him and kinlaw at least, but I would expect madubuike to be consistently graded out higher overall than Elliott. Madubuike is just a different animal in the run game.

I find it strange that madubuike is a pick that you’re suddenly having a problem with...

I dont have a problem with it. I just get confused with our FO and what they see sometimes. JK Dobbins being ''TOOO GOOD'' to pass up ( i see a solid RB) Broderick Washington who looks no different of a player quality wise than de'angelo tyson. Elliot, at least for me on film looks like the kind of pass rusher we've lacked here for decades.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember in 2014 when we started the second 2nd round i was pounding the table for stephon tuitt and said we'd need to trade up a few spots ( i think around 3 spots) but we ended up with jernigan. Same thing on BR.com, I said jernigan is probably going to be solid but tuitt just has that ''IT'' factor pass rushing wise. Fans were saying ''Jernigan was a consensus 1st round pick who only dropped because of the combine''.

I watched both tapes and thought

Jernigan is a solid player
Tuitt is a wrecking type player

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I am just now aware of this. Its awesome Rossi! "into the nether sphere...."
The pacing and narration were great and of the course the content was as well.
It struck me on the third play particularly that he does such a nice job of 1 and 1/2 gapping (if you will), by moving the lineman and using him to set the edge.

also, I did not see him as nearly as effective at nose until your vid. Thanks! Also, It made me wonder why I haven't used my actual voice and instead have been effecting a twangy yankee accent. Not sure how I thought that was such a good idea.

Again, Great stuff - Tim

thanks dude - and as im sure you've noticed, the whole thing is very much based off the rhythm of your vids - i definitely borrowed a lot from how you format yours

obviously i was particularly picking clips that showed why i think he's so good but outside of length i think he has every tool you could possibly want out of an interior pass rusher - we just have to see him transition those tools to the pros - there'll be some plays where he gets doubled early that take him out of the play but i really think he's borderline impossible to deal with 1v1

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

we've liked Madubuike way before he became a Raven. Many of us wanted the Ravens to draft him and although I liked Elliott, Gallimore, and Davidson (who is a DE), I preferred Madubuike.

I was a big fan of Hargraves coming out and thought Henry had potential, which he did, he just wasted it.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
we've liked Madubuike way before he became a Raven. Many of us wanted the Ravens to draft him and although I liked Elliott, Gallimore, and Davidson (who is a DE), I preferred Madubuike.

I was a big fan of Hargraves coming out and thought Henry had potential, which he did, he just wasted it.

Not sure if Henry wasted it. I never heard anything negative about his work ethic. He had a few injuries and a hernia operation and never really did anything else after his rookie year

Oh btw Madubuike is a far better prospect than henry in my opinion. I think we got a good player that at worst is going to be a jernigan IMO

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay so I watched Madubuike vs alabama and saw absolutely nothing. zip nadda. watched him vs clemson, Nadda, watched him vs Auburn...nothing
Full games, every snap he played. When I watched elliot vs top teams he stood out consistenly. Madubuike only played great IMO against 1 top team and that's LSU. His other two very good games were against arkansas and ole miss in particular.

Starting to hate the madbuike over elliot pick more and more. It's more about projection and hope with madbuike than tangible substance where you can at least see that this guy is going to be consistent ( elliot impressed me in every game I watched pre draft)

He dominates in some games and goes totally missing in others. He can rack up half a dozen pressures and sacks vs ole miss and then look like he was vs alabama and totally non existent and dominated by the O line

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think our FO drafts based on what they think they mould a player into rather than if his tape is actually better than another player

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Okay so I watched Madubuike vs alabama and saw absolutely nothing. zip nadda. watched him vs clemson, Nadda, watched him vs Auburn...nothing
Full games, every snap he played. When I watched elliot vs top teams he stood out consistenly. Madubuike only played great IMO against 1 top team and that's LSU. His other two very good games were against arkansas and ole miss in particular.

Starting to hate the madbuike over elliot pick more and more. It's more about projection and hope with madbuike than tangible substance where you can at least see that this guy is going to be consistent ( elliot impressed me in every game I watched pre draft)

He dominates in some games and goes totally missing in others. He can rack up half a dozen pressures and sacks vs ole miss and then look like he was vs alabama and totally non existent and dominated by the O line

Clemson is the worst tape of madubuike and he still had 3 or 4 snaps where he popped off the screen and just took over the down - literally the first clip in my video is a snap where he dominated the center as a pass rusher

And if you want to argue that Elliott is the opposite and doesn’t disappear then I don’t know what you’ve been watching - countless times Elliott just gets stonewalled when his first move doesn’t work and he’s much better as a stuffer than a penetrator

Can’t comment on Justin vs alabama because I haven’t been able to find any tape

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
@rossihunter2

Did you see anything from Madubuike vs Alabama, Clemson and Auburn of any worthwhile note? Because I lost a few hours of my life last night and early this morning seeing very, very little.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Clemson is the worst tape of madubuike and he still had 3 or 4 snaps where he popped off the screen and just took over the down - literally the first clip in my video is a snap where he dominated the center as a pass rusher

And if you want to argue that Elliott is the opposite and doesn’t disappear then I don’t know what you’ve been watching - countless times Elliott just gets stonewalled when his first move doesn’t work and he’s much better as a stuffer than a penetrator

Can’t comment on Justin vs alabama because I haven’t been able to find any tape

Clemson was the best of his worst and it wasn't that good aside from a tiny splurry. THe worst tape is vs Alabama IMO. it's available on youtube

Against Ole Miss and Arkansas he looked as dominant as Kinlaw.
Elliot has this way of KNIFING which translates IMO. Shades of Tuitt but not the finisher Tuitt was