• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I need some direction. Just getting into this years class. Give me some players you guys like...not sure where to start.
alijah vera tucker OL
trey smith G
david moore G
landon dickerson C
trey hill C
Liam eichenberg OT
dillon radunz OT
rashod bateman WR
dwayne eskridge WR
nico collins WR
dazz newsome WR
shi smith WR
demetric felton WR
jaelon darden WR
ihmir smith-marsette WR
whop philyor WR
cade johnson WR
ardarius washington S/nickel
richie grant S
caden sterns S
keith taylor CB
gregory rousseau edge
azeez ojulari edge
jaelen phillips edge
quincy roche edge
daelin hayes edge
cam sample edge/DL
jay tufele DL
daviyon nixon DL
marvin wilson DL
jalen twyman DL
darius stills DL
tedarrell slaton DL
khyiris tonga DL

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
dwayne eskridge is becoming a pound the table guy for me. elite movement skills, natural separator, great work off the snap to avoid press using quicks and minimizing body exposure, maintains speed in and out of breaks and often releases with ease, flexible hips and ankles allow for sudden and dramatic change of direction, all this and he started his college career as a db and moved to wr due to injury and is still fairly new to the position, but he looks polished, also a fairly natural and comfortable catcher, and tough to boot.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
dwayne eskridge is becoming a pound the table guy for me. elite movement skills, natural separator, great work off the snap to avoid press using quicks and minimizing body exposure, maintains speed in and out of breaks and often releases with ease, flexible hips and ankles allow for sudden and dramatic change of direction, all this and he started his college career as a db and moved to wr due to injury and is still fairly new to the position, but he looks polished, also a fairly natural and comfortable catcher, and tough to boot.
Is pound the table essentially the same as #SIIE?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is pound the table essentially the same as #SIIE?
Eh, i don’t see him as a guy the ravens would be targeting, idk I feel like the ravens are looking at a certain mold of receiver and I’m not sure eskridge fits it, and maybe that’s a silly thought on my part to think the ravens would pigeonhole themselves like that

but hell, if you wanna SIIE him, I’d be happy af if it worked out lol.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Eh, i don’t see him as a guy the ravens would be targeting, idk I feel like the ravens are looking at a certain mold of receiver and I’m not sure eskridge fits it, and maybe that’s a silly thought on my part to think the ravens would pigeonhole themselves like that

I don't know shit about him tbh so I can't use my #SIIE. Like I said, I don't follow prospects like that, but that dude Pitts.......................

rossihunter2

Staff Member
alijah vera tucker OL
trey smith G
david moore G
landon dickerson C
trey hill C
Liam eichenberg OT
dillon radunz OT
rashod bateman WR
dwayne eskridge WR
nico collins WR
dazz newsome WR
shi smith WR
demetric felton WR
jaelon darden WR
ihmir smith-marsette WR
whop philyor WR
cade johnson WR
ardarius washington S/nickel
richie grant S
caden sterns S
keith taylor CB
gregory rousseau edge
azeez ojulari edge
jaelen phillips edge
quincy roche edge
daelin hayes edge
cam sample edge/DL
jay tufele DL
daviyon nixon DL
marvin wilson DL
jalen twyman DL
darius stills DL
tedarrell slaton DL
khyiris tonga DL

@Edgar co-signing basically all of these

but add just a few on top

Creed Humphrey C
Ronnie Perkins EDGE
Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE
Kwity Paye EDGE
Teven Jenkins OT
Benjamin St Juste CB
Jaycee Horn CB
Cornell Powell WR
Dyami Brown WR
Robert Hainsey OT/OG

EDIT: and thanks flex - a couple of those DL at the end weren't even on my list to watch so i've added them

rossihunter2

Staff Member

with eskridge it's all those things vs his age (although i never really worry about that too much), the low competition and the limited route tree

but im right there with you on eskridge - he's got a 2nd round grade from me and he's WR 8 right now

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i doubt they'll pigeon-hole and avoid him - but i think you're right that they're not going to spend any extra capital to go and get him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@Edgar co-signing basically all of these

but add just a few on top

Creed Humphrey C
Ronnie Perkins EDGE
Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE
Kwity Paye EDGE
Teven Jenkins OT
Benjamin St Juste CB
Jaycee Horn CB
Cornell Powell WR
Dyami Brown WR
Robert Hainsey OT/OG

EDIT: and thanks flex - a couple of those DL at the end weren't even on my list to watch so i've added them
I forgot about Humphrey lol, didn’t leave him out intentionally. I’ve heard a lot about teven Jenkins lately and he’s clearly a guy I’m gonna have to look into

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
with eskridge it's all those things vs his age (although i never really worry about that too much), the low competition and the limited route tree

but im right there with you on eskridge - he's got a 2nd round grade from me and he's WR 8 right now
Damn 8 feels low for me lol, I have smith, chase, waddle, and Bateman in the clear first round tier, then after that I got Marshall jr, Eskridge, and Nico Collins who I consider fringe first rounders. Marshall I’ve soured on and for a while he was a clear first rounder but I’ve cooled off, the other 2 have skyrocketed for me personally since the senior bowl.

I’ll go quite far on this with eskridge, if we wanted to trade back and stock up on day 2 picks, eskridge would be on my short list if he’s available, there’s the OL in that range like Dickerson, Humphrey, eichenberg, trey smith, and radunz, but if we’re looking to add a wr in that area, eskridge is my guy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
another thing im noticing about eskridge is his blocking, and just his general comfort level in read option and RPO concepts, he plays a lot of them and he sets up well with route fakes and gets good positioning for key blocks downfield, really just a super sharp player in general, im senior bowl reps and 2 games in on him but man i havent seen any negative on him really at all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Damn 8 feels low for me lol, I have smith, chase, waddle, and Bateman in the clear first round tier, then after that I got Marshall jr, Eskridge, and Nico Collins who I consider fringe first rounders. Marshall I’ve soured on and for a while he was a clear first rounder but I’ve cooled off, the other 2 have skyrocketed for me personally since the senior bowl.

I’ll go quite far on this with eskridge, if we wanted to trade back and stock up on day 2 picks, eskridge would be on my short list if he’s available, there’s the OL in that range like Dickerson, Humphrey, eichenberg, trey smith, and radunz, but if we’re looking to add a wr in that area, eskridge is my guy

right now this is how my board's stacked:

"Top 15" Grade: Devonta Smith, Rashod Bateman, Jaylen Waddle, Ja'Marr Chase
Late 1st Round Grade: Rondale Moore
Early 2nd Round Grade: Elijah Moore, Dyami Brown
2nd Round Grade: Amon-Ra St Brown, D'Wayne Eskridge, Kadarius Toney, Nico Collins

i really like eskridge - just right now there's 7 guys i like more for sure - at the moment he could be anywhere between 8th and 11th on my board - i was wrong i actually have him 9th right now not even 8th

there's a possibility he could move up to an early 2 but that feels a bit rich for me right now

rossihunter2

Staff Member
another thing im noticing about eskridge is his blocking, and just his general comfort level in read option and RPO concepts, he plays a lot of them and he sets up well with route fakes and gets good positioning for key blocks downfield, really just a super sharp player in general, im senior bowl reps and 2 games in on him but man i havent seen any negative on him really at all.

this was my note on eskridge as a blocker:

- High effort and nasty blocker despite his size – no plays off – and he finishes to the ground and to the whistle

but yeah he's definitely thinking through his routes and will use run plays etc. and use the releases on those plays to set-up corners later in the game - i think his time as a DB definitely has helped him with his ability to release vs press and play the long-game in his route-running

it definitely helps that he's got a ton of quickness and probably 4.3 speed

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
this was my note on eskridge as a blocker:

- High effort and nasty blocker despite his size – no plays off – and he finishes to the ground and to the whistle

but yeah he's definitely thinking through his routes and will use run plays etc. and use the releases on those plays to set-up corners later in the game - i think his time as a DB definitely has helped him with his ability to release vs press and play the long-game in his route-running

it definitely helps that he's got a ton of quickness and probably 4.3 speed
i had this exact thought lol, he plays like hes been in their shoes before, hes super crafty and approaches every snap with a chess mentality. i think he has movement skills and release skills similar to diontae johnson, but i think he is on a whole other level with toughness and iq

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
right now this is how my board's stacked:

"Top 15" Grade: Devonta Smith, Rashod Bateman, Jaylen Waddle, Ja'Marr Chase
Late 1st Round Grade: Rondale Moore
Early 2nd Round Grade: Elijah Moore, Dyami Brown
2nd Round Grade: Amon-Ra St Brown, D'Wayne Eskridge, Kadarius Toney, Nico Collins

i really like eskridge - just right now there's 7 guys i like more for sure - at the moment he could be anywhere between 8th and 11th on my board - i was wrong i actually have him 9th right now not even 8th

there's a possibility he could move up to an early 2 but that feels a bit rich for me right now
ah i see, you have guys in between that i havent even seen yet, also youre higher on rondale moore than i am, i would take eskridge over rondale moore in a heartbeat, and im not low on him either, im just higher on eskridge.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ah i see, you have guys in between that i havent even seen yet, also youre higher on rondale moore than i am, i would take eskridge over rondale moore in a heartbeat, and im not low on him either, im just higher on eskridge.

which guys haven't you watched?

i dont love the "type" of receiver that rondale moore is right now (YAC heavy) - but his movement skills are other-worldly and he combines it with a physicality after the catch that's just not expected out of someone his size - his foot quickness is absurd, he has the speed to out-run angles, his change of direction skills are maybe the best i've ever watched from a college player
maybe he's not a scheme fit everywhere but he's the kind of electric athlete who's game-changing

the injury history in his past is a little worrying but im not really including medicals or anything in my grades (but it might affect how they all get stacked in the end)

he and eskridge do slightly different things right now - and tbh i think eskridge is probably the more developed guy but rondale moore might be a better athlete than jaylen waddle

idk if he's the best fit here but idk that i care lol
for what it's worth i do keep changing my mind about all 6 of those guys i've got 2nd round grades on - St Brown's probably the most stable of all of them in that 2nd round grade, both Dyami Brown and Elijah Moore have been lower than where they are (although i'm pretty satisfied with their early 2 type grades although i could definitely see Dyami falling a bit depending on what film i've watched most recently), Toney has been all over the place - was at his highest during the senior bowl before i had to remind myself not to overvalue the senior bowl, Eskridge I've had as high as WR5 (but didn't feel great about it and as low as WR11, and Collins I've had below some of the guys with late2/early3 grades at various times (he's one of the guys im least sure about)

for me with eskridge my biggest concerns revolve around his age and his level of competition (and it's hard to quantify those concerns)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
which guys haven't you watched?

i dont love the "type" of receiver that rondale moore is right now (YAC heavy) - but his movement skills are other-worldly and he combines it with a physicality after the catch that's just not expected out of someone his size - his foot quickness is absurd, he has the speed to out-run angles, his change of direction skills are maybe the best i've ever watched from a college player
maybe he's not a scheme fit everywhere but he's the kind of electric athlete who's game-changing

the injury history in his past is a little worrying but im not really including medicals or anything in my grades (but it might affect how they all get stacked in the end)

he and eskridge do slightly different things right now - and tbh i think eskridge is probably the more developed guy but rondale moore might be a better athlete than jaylen waddle

idk if he's the best fit here but idk that i care lol
for what it's worth i do keep changing my mind about all 6 of those guys i've got 2nd round grades on - St Brown's probably the most stable of all of them in that 2nd round grade, both Dyami Brown and Elijah Moore have been lower than where they are (although i'm pretty satisfied with their early 2 type grades although i could definitely see Dyami falling a bit depending on what film i've watched most recently), Toney has been all over the place - was at his highest during the senior bowl before i had to remind myself not to overvalue the senior bowl, Eskridge I've had as high as WR5 (but didn't feel great about it and as low as WR11, and Collins I've had below some of the guys with late2/early3 grades at various times (he's one of the guys im least sure about)

for me with eskridge my biggest concerns revolve around his age and his level of competition (and it's hard to quantify those concerns)
dyami brown and elijah moore, havent watched either yet