• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Robert Hainsey is a big time sleeper I have us taking day 3. His technique jumps off tape. Tough, consistent, supremely versatile. This guy is a Raven no doubt. Watching Notre Dames LT, I am always drawn away by Hainsey. Pounding the table officially.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Robert Hainsey is a big time sleeper I have us taking day 3. His technique jumps off tape. Tough, consistent, supremely versatile. This guy is a Raven no doubt. Watching Notre Dames LT, I am always drawn away by Hainsey. Pounding the table officially.

he showed some nice nuances when he shifted inside to guard at the senior bowl - putting his arm on defenders to help the tackle get on the block as he moved up to the 2nd level etc.

very technically sound, apparently aced his senior bowl interviews - he did play under 300lbs at Notre Dame and i'm not sure there's a ton of room on his frame to add bulk - did show some ability to anchor and sit down when initially beaten by power/leverage which is encouraging but not a mauler by any means and never had to deal with NFL power types - at his best with his footwork on the move in the running game e.g. on pulls or reaching

my worries are about his ability to anchor down in the NFL and he does have pretty short arms - probably misses lots of teams's tackle thresholds for arm length and probably misses some teams's weight thresholds for guard

i would not be surprised if he had a mekari type move to C in his future - and i think that could be his best opportunity to be a long term starter

Hey guys! Guess who's alive
Long time no see

Life has been busy enough for the last few years and priorities have shuffled a bit. I'm sorry for not being around.. I just can't get to enjoy half of the things I'd love to.

However, I'll try to keep in touch as much as possible, especially during this time of the year

I really haven't found my workhorse, this year tbh, which is partially due to what I find to be a disappointing pass rushing class.

This said, Imma put my head down now and try to catch up with everything you've been posting lately

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Long time no see

Life has been busy enough for the last few years and priorities have shuffled a bit. I'm sorry for not being around.. I just can't get to enjoy half of the things I'd love to.

However, I'll try to keep in touch as much as possible, especially during this time of the year

I really haven't found my workhorse, this year tbh, which is partially due to what I find to be a disappointing pass rushing class.

This said, Imma put my head down now and try to catch up with everything you've been posting lately

if you can catch up quick enough on the WRs lol - get involved with the consensus WR rankings that you've been involved with in previous years...
LINK

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This is the first time in a very long time that I have zero draft crushes and I love it. I can sit back and watch the 1st round without getting mad/anxious. I’m pretty excited. In EDC I truzz

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Of the ones not often talked about, I'm currently intrigued by DL Milton Williams, WR Jaelon Darden, DL Osa Odighizuwa, TE Tommy Tremble, CB Camryn Bynum, DE Rashad Weaver, DT Jonathan Marshall, DT Alim McNeill and WR Tre Walker.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Of the ones not often talked about, I'm currently intrigued by DL Milton Williams, WR Jaelon Darden, DL Osa Odighizuwa, TE Tommy Tremble, CB Camryn Bynum, DE Rashad Weaver, DT Jonathan Marshall, DT Alim McNeill and WR Tre Walker.

my issue with milton williams is im not sure what to do with him positionally - feels like a true tweener - it helps that he's super athletic but just not sure about him as an edge, and definitely not sure about him as a full time interior DL

Darden's got amazing short area quickness

osa odighizuwa i see somewhat similarly to williams - a bit undersized to the extent that im not sure he gets on the field as a raven

Tremble's intriguing - great blocker, has the athleticism to develop as a route-runner and pass catcher but supremely raw as a receiver

Bynum's the rare high floor, low ceiling CB - really good work in press, especially off the line, lacks the long speed and dynamic twitch but very calm and patient and in control

Rashad Weaver's got some surprising bend and some inside/outside versatility that works in his favour - more refined than some of the guys who'll go ahead of him

i've not watched any of jonathan marshall

Alim McNeill is amazing

i've not watched tre walker

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
For real though lol, I feel the same.

I think ojulari and Dickerson are gonna be ravens, barring a trade back.

I’m more Tryon > Ojulari... but I can see that combo.

we should just go balls to the wall and draft the IR-bros, Jealan Philips and Landon Dickerson.

I heard from a “source” that EDC constantly wakes up in the middle of the night. That nightmare of a decision to bypass Myles Jack for Kamalei Correa due to medicals haunts him to this day.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
#BatemanSZN

Bateman & Dobbins.

it must be done.

D5B7DDB5-DD11-4367-BC3E-F8A6AE10F76F.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Long time no see

great to here from you and don't be a stranger.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Darden is FILTHYYY

him and Felton are elite ball carriers

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
How does one view the draft without cable? This will be my first time attempting to do so

Being from the west coast, I usually view all the football games via stream links. Probably do the same for draft day.

tag / DM me draft day and I’ll give you a link.

just won’t know if the stream will be the NFL network or ESPNs