• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Preseason Game Two Recap

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh, I forgot Tim Williams. Saw him drop in coverage early.
Beat LT later with inside move for a sack. The very next play he obliterated the LT outside forcing QB to get rid of ball early.

This is really Tim's thing I think ; Once he sees he can beat a guy one way, that guy is in trouble. Williams feeds off it and becomes very cerebral in his efforts to get home.

Was Humphrey injured?
Agree with TWill. No I don't think Humphrey is injured. Just easing him in.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone feel legitimately that Mallet gets us even one more win than Woodrum would if Joe were to go down?
Could be a preseason mirage but I don't think so.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone feel legitimately that Mallet gets us even one more win than Woodrum would if Joe were to go down?

tbh I'd feel more at ease with kaeprenick and woodrum than flacco and mallett.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
we need a QB that can escape the pocket and throw accurate passes. Flacco is shite at that and mallet is even worse.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Mallet is awful woodrum should get the nod to be the backup and the fact that you are saying woodrum should be considered to start over Joe is laughable I'm so happy fans don't run a team he played against backups in a preseason game I agree he should get a shot at being the backup but to start you're delusional

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nice sideline interview with Woodrum. Talked about his preparation, staying late drawing plays,etc.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Webb went to locker room early per Zriebec. Returned to sideline without shoulder pads. Zriebec said He didn't look uncomfortable. Hopefully he's ok.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
mallet is not a good qb whats so ever. Id rather go with woodrum

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
carr is not a good cb, so lets hope marlon can develop and start over him! Mallet is terrible, like ive been saying all offseason. its only preseason, but our defense still looks like theyre having tackling issues! Our coaching staff and along with OC as you can tell have been drawing up plays to keep our oline from looking like trash! Woodrum looks like he can be a decent backup! I love that we have players now that can get YAC! depending on flacco's play we should be able to win aminimum of 8!

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Carr looks like the next Cary Williams. If you need a first down, just throw the hitch or back shoulder on carr's side

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well he only played 2 possessions and if I'm not mistaken had a fair number of plays called back for flags
I also thought Cutler played well.

However, upon a reviewing of the thirty one yard completion(called back for holding), it is evident not only that Judon is held egregiously, but that he almost certainly collects a sack if not for being held.
The RT is badly beaten.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Is no one talking about Marlon Humphrey because he barely played?

Looks like John Harbaugh took him out of the game after seeing how bad The Dolphins football field was. I don't think John Harbaugh wanted to risk his first round cornerback to a injury base off that alone.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I have to say I was pretty disappointed by Judon. A lot of plays were extended because the outside pressure was non existent and that responsibility is a lot on him imo. He didn't win enough battles around the edge.