• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Predictions and Bold Predictions

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Campanero will play a full 16 game season
tenor.gif

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm going to stick with my predictions from earlier this year.

Someone on defense comes out of nowhere and becomes a starter, sort of like the next Zach Orr.

Perriman quiets his critics this year with close to 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns.

The Ravens sign a training camp cut who goes on to have a solid, but underrated season.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm going to stick with my predictions from earlier this year.
For that first one, it's probably going to be Jaylen Hill. Dude is gonna become a star. Can't wait for next year with a hopefully healthy Jimmy, healthy Tavon, Humphrey with a year of experience, and Hill as our top 4 corners.

And I would love to see Perriman have a great year.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
For that first one, it's probably going to be Jaylen Hill. Dude is gonna become a star. Can't wait for next year with a hopefully healthy Jimmy, healthy Tavon, Humphrey with a year of experience, and Hill as our top 4 corners.

And I would love to see Perriman have a great year.
And Canady. Our secondary could be awesome if all of these guys work out and stay healthy.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I predict that Michael Pierce and Brent Urban will both make the pro bowl this year! I boldly predict that we'll not only win the division, but win it by the 14th week!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I predict that Michael Pierce and Brent Urban will both make the pro bowl this year! I boldly predict that we'll not only win the division, but win it by the 14th week!
And Urban decides he wants to offer the team a home town discount due to only having his services for 2 1/2 seasons.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Flacco becomes the Oriole's ace pitcher after they observe him throwing every ball off his back foot and leads them to a world series.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Ravens have one of most ferocious disruptive rushes in the league. Maybe won't lead in sacks. But the pressure is gonna be as fearsome as any. On passing downs the lineman will be Pierce the nose, then Urban and Henry the ends. Even if defense rushes 3 and drops 8. That trio can get pressure when we drop 8 back in coverage.

If offense can somehow be adequate. Ravens can be the team that scares the patriots most cuz of the multiple players that can get pressure. Pierce Urban and Henry can push and penetrate. Judon Suggs and Timmy coming off the edge. Bowser off the edge and blitzing from inside. That pressure is going to be tough to handle!! And patriots offensive line plays well together. But not individually spectacular. And may be not equipped to handle so many dynamic rushers

The Raven

Veteran
Jensen wins a Pro Bowl nod after a dominant year at center or guard, whichever he plays
Jermaine Eluemunor wins the LG job after the bye week.
Ravens RBs rush for 4.5 yards a carry and total at over 1,500 rush yards.
We tie the franchise sack record, matching 2006's total of 60 sacks. Judon and Suggs each hit double digits.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jensen wins a Pro Bowl nod after a dominant year at center or guard, whichever he plays
Jermaine Eluemunor wins the LG job after the bye week.
Ravens RBs rush for 4.5 yards a carry and total at over 1,500 rush yards.
We tie the franchise sack record, matching 2006's total of 60 sacks. Judon and Suggs each hit double digits.
We're looking at a 14-2 season if that happens

So I highly doubt it

The Raven

Veteran
I just checked 2016 stats and honestly the 1500 rushing yards isn't that bold. We fell just 37 yards short last year.

The boldest part was 60 sacks, but with the number of rushers we have, who's to say we can't? Player for player, this is the most talented D we've had since 2006 if you ask me.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I just checked 2016 stats and honestly the 1500 rushing yards isn't that bold. We fell just 37 yards short last year.

The boldest part was 60 sacks, but with the number of rushers we have, who's to say we can't? Player for player, this is the most talented D we've had since 2006 if you ask me.

Young guys would be my reason for the sack number... Maybe next year it's a possibility, but this defense has the tools to dominate for years.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

The 4.5 ypc all season long on all rushing downs is the bold part. That's great efficiency on an offense with a rather weak run blocking unit. That kind of efficiency will open a deadly efficient big play passing attack. And to have all that(60 sacks included) working at once is a recipe to absolutely dominate.

I just don't see this team being efficient enough on the ground for that kind of number

The Raven

Veteran
The 4.5 ypc all season long on all rushing downs is the bold part. That's great efficiency on an offense with a rather weak run blocking unit. That kind of efficiency will open a deadly efficient big play passing attack. And to have all that(60 sacks included) working at once is a recipe to absolutely dominate.

I just don't see this team being efficient enough on the ground for that kind of number
I have a feeling that it's going to come together under Roman's scheme. For once, I think we have a scheme that matches our players on the line and in the backfield. I also think we'll be rattling off longer runs this year compared to years past. Zone schemes are somewhat notorious for getting a steady 3-6 yards, without getting many big runs. Gap schemes tend to spark more big runs.

We'll see what happens, but with Yanda, Jensen, and Stanley on the line with West in the backfield, I don't think 4.5 is unrealistic.