• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Cuts Tracker

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Was one of the LBs I was hoping we'd sign in the off-season. Downhill type. Agree wholeheartedly.
I like Hodges's, his strength is playing in zone coverages. He's not great against the run, but his coverage ability is very good. He's not very good playing man coverage though. Hodges's has average spead, but where he truly shines is his lateral ability.

The Raven

Veteran
I know @JO_75 keeps obsessing over Harbs and ST players, but the Chargers in 2010, I believe, had the number 1 offense and defense, but went 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs due to the worst special teams unit in the NFL.

Let that sink in for a second.
Special teams is the fastest way to go from winning a game to losing it, and vice versa.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Special teams is the fastest way to go from winning a game to losing it, and vice versa.
See our win vs the Denver broncos in the playoffs. Trinodin Holliday kept them in the game. But also in terms of field position. Benefit of having a good returner is he might put you into the enemy's territory. If you're good in ST coverage(which we historically are decent), then you dictate the field position battle, which there in turn helps the defense by making it less stessful on them, and helps the offense if the defense can hold, as they then can get good field position themselves.

People who say STs don't matter don't have a clue

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Most of the time when the Ravens have lost to the Bengals its been because AJ Green has taken over the game. With this secondary and pass rush, and how bad the Bengal's OL is, there's a pretty low chance of that happening.

I don't think we really have any idea of what to expect from the offense since Flacco sat out training camp and the OL was never solidified during the preseason, but if they can be just average, good things should happen this year.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Most of the time when the Ravens have lost to the Bengals its been because AJ Green has taken over the game. With this secondary and pass rush, and how bad the Bengal's OL is, there's a pretty low chance of that happening.

I don't think we really have any idea of what to expect from the offense since Flacco sat out training camp and the OL was never solidified during the preseason, but if they can be just average, good things should happen this year.
Gino Atkins and dunlap are licking their chops vs our oline. It's not a guaranteed win. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the bengals come out on top

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don't think we could stop him even if we had Superman. He'll always find a way against us.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I don't think we could stop him even if we had Superman. He'll always find a way against us.

The defense has shut down good receivers before- they've kept AB quiet more often than not and kept OBJ off the stat sheet until Jimmy went down last year. AJ Green is definitely a really good WR, but the throws that'll be coming to him with Dalton likely to be under pressure makes a huge difference in what he'll be able to do.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Gino Atkins and dunlap are licking their chops vs our oline. It's not a guaranteed win. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the bengals come out on top

Besides, when was the last time Flacco has EVER played well in Cincy? I dread this road game more than any other.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
See our win vs the Denver broncos in the playoffs. Trinodin Holliday kept them in the game. But also in terms of field position. Benefit of having a good returner is he might put you into the enemy's territory. If you're good in ST coverage(which we historically are decent), then you dictate the field position battle, which there in turn helps the defense by making it less stessful on them, and helps the offense if the defense can hold, as they then can get good field position themselves.

People who say STs don't matter don't have a clue
I'll add that a big reason why the 2000 Ravens were so successful was because of special teams. Jermaine Lewis was a top tier returner at the time. Plus James Trapp was unbelievably good as a gunner. Guy would time his hits perfectly the second the returner caught the ball. The team always won the field position battle.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Besides, when was the last time Flacco has EVER played well in Cincy? I dread this road game more than any other.

I think Cincy is the worst they've been for a long time. Aside from the huge losses in FA along their line- which can't really be understated, not having Pacman or Burfict is a big problem for them.

Its not going to be an easy game because Cincy never is, but this isn't the Cincy team that's a candidate to win the north, this is a Cincy team that could be drafting in the top 5 next year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Cincy is the worst they've been for a long time. Aside from the huge losses in FA along their line- which can't really be understated, not having Pacman or Burfict is a big problem for them.

Its not going to be an easy game because Cincy never is, but this isn't the Cincy team that's a candidate to win the north, this is a Cincy team that could be drafting in the top 5 next year.

they have unearthed some talent this year. I also love their rookie class. I predict a L in this one. 14-6 bengals. Our O isnt going to show up at all.