• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Cuts Tracker

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
I don't know what more Mizzell could have done to make the roster. He looked good as a RB, receiver and returner. That's versatility surely.
I'd have kept him ahead of Moore or Mayle.

Mayle was kept due to special team play but isn't returner a special team role, too? I'm not sure sending someone as fragile as Campanaro out to return kicks is a good long term plan.

Other than that, I'm happy with the players we kept.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Replace James Hurst with Greco abd Moore/Mayle with Quincy. The day Harbs stops valuing special teams.... never.

Pitta's New Hip

Practice Squad
We're going to get the vast majority of our win thanks to special teams, so no, it's not overrated.

I was mostly being sarcastic, but I don't see how Mayle helps win the "vast majority" of anything.

Would have loved to have Mizzel as a runner and receiver to add an extra dimension to the offense. We've been missing that since Ray Rice.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I was mostly being sarcastic, but I don't see how Mayle helps win the "vast majority" of anything.

Would have loved to have Mizzel as a runner and receiver to add an extra dimension to the offense. We've been missing that since Ray Rice.
Oh ok, then. Don't get me wrong I don't really know what Mayle has done that the coaches like, and I really wanted Mizell on this team, but I trust Rosburg to keep the right men. Let's hope Mizell sticks around in the PS.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some interesting cuts league wide :

Jarvis Jones- Steelers first round miss
Dorian Johnson , guard - this one is worth a long look. Head scratcher as to how he was released after being drafted in fourth round.
Ben Boulware
Changing Stribling
Gavin Escobar
Cole Toner
Willie Beavers
Elijah Lee
Austin Sefarian Jenkins
Tyler Orlosky
Cole Hikutini
Jace Amaro

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Dorian Johnson , guard - this one is worth a long look. Head scratcher as to how he was released after being drafted in fourth round.
He was overdrafted. Really struggled throughout training camp and preseason. Also has a chronic liver condition, which probably isn't too helpful.

The most interesting bit for me are Amaro and ASJ - that was easily the most overrated TE class ever. I remember lot of people wanted Ebron, Amaro, ASJ in the first round in our mocks. NFL followed closely - Ebron went in 1st, these two in second round. There was another guy who went in 2nd but I can't remember the name, since I haven't heard much about him since then.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator

Ben Boulware
Changing Stribling
Gavin Escobar
Cole Toner
Willie Beavers
Elijah Lee
Austin Sefarian Jenkins
Tyler Orlosky
Cole Hikutini
Jace Amaro
Seferian-Jenkins was placed on the reserve/suspended list due to the two-game suspension. Would've been a minor shock to see him released given how much they raved about him this summer. I'd also add Harlan Miller to that list. Liked his tape at CB. He played heavily in the last two weeks at safety last year and fared very well.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Seferian-Jenkins was placed on the reserve/suspended list due to the two-game suspension. Would've been a minor shock to see him released given how much they raved about him this summer. I'd also add Harlan Miller to that list. Liked his tape at CB. He played heavily in the last two weeks at safety last year and fared very well.

I like Harlan miller. We should grab him!! Willie Beavers we should take a look at.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Am i the only one who thinks we are only keeping watson because he's a harbaugh kinda guy? Why not get Escobar or austin sefarian jenkins?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ben Boulware
Changing Stribling
Gavin Escobar
Cole Toner
Willie Beavers
Elijah Lee
Austin Sefarian Jenkins
Tyler Orlosky
Cole Hikutini
Jace Amaro

notice how some teams just cut early to mid round picks in their first camp and we don't?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Dorian Johnson was way over drafted. He's been totally awful. If a player isn't improving at all, we would cut him as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Am i the only one who thinks we are only keeping watson because he's a harbaugh kinda guy? Why not get Escobar or austin sefarian jenkins?
No, Watson is a leader and a great locker room presence for both Maxx and Boyle. I still feel he has a good year. Not great, but a good year and worth keeping around. Escobar and ASJ aren't worth it

jboy19

Pro Bowler

He was signed mainly because of the lack of red zone options on the team and his success in the red zone in New Orleans in 2015.

Escobar has never really done anything and ASJ can't stay on the field.