• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General TE Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
According to this board hes fat and out of shape and not taking football seriously.
He still looks out of shape lol. He's built really weird and he runs labored as hell. I hope it isn't an issue and He just happens to look that way, but there's no denying he's just built like a goddamn tank, maybe he just APPEARS out of shape because he's so big. Don't know, but I still think he appears to be struggling in the fitness department.

And don't take this wrong, I'm a big maxx fan, I just have concerns

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Maxx gets some self confidence he'll be a productive TE. He's put on some muscle and can move a tackler to get positive yards. He can surely catch the ball and seems to be developing (based on limited evidence) a way to get open. He is quicker than fast it seemed like. So, if he can play like he did against Miami he'll become the #1 TE during the season. He's simply more talented than Boyle.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've been saying this from the jump, Maxx is the guy for us at TE with Boyle being a back up to him.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
He is way out of shape right now but what do you expect with him coming off of a surgery. But man he was out of breath after those 40 yards I was rewatching the game and thought he was gonna pass out.

But he finally showed what we saw on his college tape. Hopefully we see more of those and a more consistent Maxx Williams

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
It seems like another game like he had against Miami will give Maxx a ton of confidence. As much as we can't imagine it for professional athletes, it matter a lot what goes on between their ears. This rings true to 3 players on the Ravens - Perriman, Correa and Maxx Williams.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is way out of shape right now but what do you expect with him coming off of a surgery. But man he was out of breath after those 40 yards I was rewatching the game and thought he was gonna pass out.

But he finally showed what we saw on his college tape. Hopefully we see more of those and a more consistent Maxx Williams
I think that was because he fell right on the ball

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I think that was because he fell right on the ball
I mean I hope that is the reason lol. He still looked pretty quick for a tight end not gonna lie. He did impress me with how fast he was for his size but definitely can still get into a little bit better shape.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
A maxx return and him playing 100% healthy will be huge for this offense. Adds a much needed physical presence in the receiving game.

With maclin and Wallace all we have is speed, our backs have been horrid receiving, maxx has shown to run harder than any back on this team and he has a knack for making plays out of the backfield and getting upfield for big chunks by rumbling through defenders. If he can do that and also step up as an intermediate receiver, then he will bring a dynamic that this offense sorely lacks and hasn't had since Steve smith in 2014 with his physical "can't be stopped" play.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A maxx return and him playing 100% healthy will be huge for this offense. Adds a much needed physical presence in the receiving game.

With maclin and Wallace all we have is speed, our backs have been horrid receiving, maxx has shown to run harder than any back on this team and he has a knack for making plays out of the backfield and getting upfield for big chunks by rumbling through defenders. If he can do that and also step up as an intermediate receiver, then he will bring a dynamic that this offense sorely lacks and hasn't had since Steve smith in 2014 with his physical "can't be stopped" play.
He just has to stay on the field.

Last edited:
They have been a great unit blocking wise but I agree with Joey, I would like to see Maxx get involved. It's unfortunate because I was a huge fan of his prior to the draft and was so excited when we drafted him but since then he hasn't lived up to expectations, I really hope he makes his mark this season because him and Perriman haven't really accomplished what they're capable of.