• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General TE Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I thought TWill would inexplicably fall to the third, but I didn't imagine the Ravens would pick him with the off the field. I was so thrilled for him.
I was crossing my fingers and toes when he was available in the 3rd that we would get our chance

Tank

Hall of Famer
If they trimmed Crock's tear rather than repairing it he could be back in a couple of weeks. That said, it's hard not to think he will just go down with another issue after returning. Seems to be one of those guys.

Went to the practice tonight. Watson and Boyle looked the best of the bunch. Not sure if Williams is still ailing or what, but he looked stiff and sluggish to me.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If they trimmed Crock's tear rather than repairing it he could be back in a couple of weeks. That said, it's hard not to think he will just go down with another issue after returning. Seems to be one of those guys.

Went to the practice tonight. Watson and Boyle looked the best of the bunch. Not sure if Williams is still ailing or what, but he looked stiff and sluggish to me.
Yeah my think both Watson and Boyle are going to surprise if they stay healthy this year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Good for him. Not too surprising. He was an under the radar talent. Delaware to Delaware.

I just hope Maxx pans out for two TE sets.
I'd like to see Maxx pan out as well. Wish we knew what type of surgery he had, but since it's a first for football players, it could take time for him.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Crockett Gilmore has been waived to make room for Austin Howard.
Yep.

Pretty sure his deal was up at the end of the season, so no sense paying him to be on IR all year just for him to hit FA in the offseason. The second his injury was announced as season ending he essentially became a FA.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Damn Crockett was overrated by a lot of fans but I liked him a lot. Sad to see him go. Best of lock Crockett!

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
It is weird to see Gillmore no longer be on the roster. It was only in February when he was exuding confidence in being the starter in 2018. Unfortunate turn of events on his end with the injury.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It is weird to see Gillmore no longer be on the roster. It was only in February when he was exuding confidence in being the starter in 2018. Unfortunate turn of events on his end with the injury.
Gillmore is also a really good dude personally. A friend of mine did some events and he came out to bring awareness to some illnesses and stuff. He's generally a good guy. A shame and unfortunate series of events for him

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Gillmore is also a really good dude personally. A friend of mine did some events and he came out to bring awareness to some illnesses and stuff. He's generally a good guy. A shame and unfortunate series of events for him
That's good to hear. I wish him well. Hope he resurfaces elsewhere.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's good to hear. I wish him well. Hope he resurfaces elsewhere.
Yes, would h him the best. Hopefully he doesn't end up getting past these injuries and have and having a good career in someplace other than The AFC North and the Patriots

Tank

Hall of Famer
No reason reason to think it isn't possible for Gilmore to end up back with the Ravens next year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No reason reason to think it isn't possible for Gilmore to end up back with the Ravens next year.
It sounds like an extremely bisciotti thing to do, to tell Crockett to test the market next offseason and that he's always got a job here if the price is right

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
It will make me so sad if Maxx just gets ignored. I know this sounds awful but I wasn't too destroyed when Pitta got hurt (yes I love him, he is my username) but at the same time I think Maxx can be what Pitta use to be. He has nothing great about him besides one thing, HE IS ALWAYS OPEN. I don't know how, but that was a big thing coming out of college and I saw it his first year also. I remember week 17 vs Cinny two years ago, he was a beast! I believe he made 3 amazing first down catches all on third down. I loved him but it seems Harbs prefers old washed up tightends.