• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2017 College Football Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it still seems crazy to me that these players get no compensation for playing football - they make the NCAA and TV and universities a killing in revenue and get nothing for it really - only the guys who make it in the nfl ever really get anything back
Yeah I agree. Of course they do get a free ride, some of them, so I wouldn’t say they don’t receive anything.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
With tua at the helm, and guys like jeudy and Harris on the come up, it'll be a pleasure to watch. I'm gonna be following tua closely and hope the ravens find a way to get him if he keeps it up
Tthey are still fighting to sign HS quarterback everybody is saying is the best QB in ages
running game will be better with Harris, Josh Jacobs and Robinson - those thre guys are special

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Thank you Tua Tagovailoa for making staying up until 5:30am so worth it! He has to be the starter next season after that performance.

Screw up the oline. RT becomes the blind side

I know it's getting ahead a bit but could that be something that affects Tua's draft stock? Or any QB's draft stock for that matter.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
OJ Howard
Ryan Anderson
Reuben Foster
Jonathan Allen
Marlon Humphrey
Timm Williams

You lose all that to NFL, play next season with 1 and a half healthy linebacker and win a national championship.

How?

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Strizzy‏ @JaelenStrong
Yo @DangeRussWilson you think you slick I know that’s you in that Bama uniform
1f914.png

lmao

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thank you Tua Tagovailoa for making staying up until 5:30am so worth it! He has to be the starter next season after that performance.

I know it's getting ahead a bit but could that be something that affects Tua's draft stock? Or any QB's draft stock for that matter.
No, that won’t affect his draft stock, but the team will have to get a very good RT if they don’t already.

Have to think Michel's stock went up a bit last night. He totally outperformed Chubb and it was positively mystifying how UG seemed to go away from what was working in the 1st half. Their offense stagnated and it looked like they were content with trying to ride out the game with that lead.

Most had Chubb over Michel in mocks and big boards, but I have to think that changed. Michel was a project 2nd or 3rd. Think he's a solid 2nd rounder now?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Have to think Michel's stock went up a bit last night. He totally outperformed Chubb and it was positively mystifying how UG seemed to go away from what was working in the 1st half. Their offense stagnated and it looked like they were content with trying to ride out the game with that lead.

Most had Chubb over Michel in mocks and big boards, but I have to think that changed. Michel was a project 2nd or 3rd. Think he's a solid 2nd rounder now?

michel also came up bigger in the semi-final too

Tank

Hall of Famer
OJ Howard
Ryan Anderson
Reuben Foster
Jonathan Allen
Marlon Humphrey
Timm Williams

You lose all that to NFL, play next season with 1 and a half healthy linebacker and win a national championship.

How?
They have no problem reloading. High school prospects are standing in line and when you have a consistent winning program you get the pick of the litter. "A" players no one hears about are riding the pine awaiting their chance. Money goes to money. lol

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
it still seems crazy to me that these players get no compensation for playing football - they make the NCAA and TV and universities a killing in revenue and get nothing for it really - only the guys who make it in the nfl ever really get anything back
They’re getting their college paid for. Fuck them for not being grateful for that.