• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

RB Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
2 cents... Hopkins might be the best wr in the league, but we won't know until he gets a full season of quality qb play. Brown and Julio have had that since the day they entered the NFL and have formed chemistry with the Sam quality qb they started with.

Hopkins might be the best right now, like his film shows that it's very possible, but the numbers don't back it yet.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
2 cents... Hopkins might be the best wr in the league, but we won't know until he gets a full season of quality qb play. Brown and Julio have had that since the day they entered the NFL and have formed chemistry with the Sam quality qb they started with.

Hopkins might be the best right now, like his film shows that it's very possible, but the numbers don't back it yet.
i agree. Been saying it for a while now. Hopkins literally plays every down and goes hard every down. Loved him in college. Much as i like hopkins, i found myself calling AB the goat after watching him in playoffs last season lol.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
It Smith pro day results:
4.45 40 time
22 reps
37.5 inch vertical
5'9, 194
Ito Smith reminds me of Dion Lewis, whom I was high on in the pre-draft process. I feel like Smith has a similar ceiling.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Actually, the numbers do back it up. With shit QB play for the majority of the season, Hopkins pretty much matched ABs stats. The fact that he puts up those numbers WITHOUT Ben or Matt Ryan proves he belongs in the conversation, if it doesn’t make him top dog.

Hopkins - 96 Receptions, 1,378 yards, 13 TDs

Brown - 101 Receptions, 1,533 yards, 9 TDs

Julio - 88 Receptions, 1,444 yards, 3 TDs

So if Hopkins film and stats back it up, how can some people still say he doesn’t even belong in the conversation?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So if Hopkins film and stats back it up, how can some people still say he doesn’t even belong in the conversation?

This is not a shot at Hopkins at all but to me the reason he doesn’t belong in that conversation is because of just how good brown is/has been - it’s not something that Hopkins is missing more that Antonio brown is and has something incredibly special

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This is not a shot at Hopkins at all but to me the reason he doesn’t belong in that conversation is because of just how good brown is/has been - it’s not something that Hopkins is missing more that Antonio brown is and has something incredibly special
yes brown is insane! He perfected that push off that he does which many believe is a penalty

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Actually, the numbers do back it up. With shit QB play for the majority of the season, Hopkins pretty much matched ABs stats. The fact that he puts up those numbers WITHOUT Ben or Matt Ryan proves he belongs in the conversation, if it doesn’t make him top dog.

Hopkins - 96 Receptions, 1,378 yards, 13 TDs

Brown - 101 Receptions, 1,533 yards, 9 TDs

Julio - 88 Receptions, 1,444 yards, 3 TDs

I think AB was hurt last 3 games

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guess we just disagree. I don’t see how Brown is way ahead of the others like you think.

You say Brown is on a “historic path” and I say that’s nonsense. He’s an elite WR but nothing more. Nothing historic about him besides a good QB force feeding him. Will he make it in the HoF one day? Yeah maybe. But you make it sound like he’s the greatest receiver ever. No. Just no.

And you did take a shot at Hopkins by saying Odell is sooner in the conversation than he is.

Last edited:

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ryan Nall met with the Ravens. He is listed at fullback but this is a really good running back. To get a sense of what he does well(a lot), check this tape vs. Oregon.

Really powerful runner that can also run away from you...quick feet in open field....great hands. He is just as apt to run over you as he is to juke you.
Great hands. Excellent weapon in side the ten.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im saying he didnt play at all and still lead the lg
Funny that you say that but fail to look at all the facts.

Brown - 888 snaps, 80% of teams snaps. 163 Targets.

Julio - 765 snaps, 74% of teams snaps. 148 Targets.

Hopkins - 1021 snaps, 93% of teams snaps, 174 Targets.

So basically, Brown is force fed. Julio is underused. And Hopkins is a freaking iron man with mostly bad QB play.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Funny that you say that but fail to look at all the facts.

Brown - 888 snaps, 80% of teams snaps. 163 Targets.

Julio - 765 snaps, 74% of teams snaps. 148 Targets.

Hopkins - 1021 snaps, 93% of teams snaps, 174 Targets.

So basically, Brown is force fed. Julio is underused. And Hopkins is a freaking iron man with mostly bad QB play.
What facts? The ones that dont matter? AB missed last three games and still was number 1 in rec yards.. those are the only facts that matter. Hopkins is my fav wr so yes i know he is iron man but we know once AB touches that field,
He getting open regardless

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i agree. Been saying it for a while now. Hopkins literally plays every down and goes hard every down. Loved him in college. Much as i like hopkins, i found myself calling AB the goat after watching him in playoffs last season lol.
WR's nowadays can't be compared to years ago when cornerbacks could basically mug receivers and their was no five yard rule. Jerry Rice is the GOAT and it isn't even close.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
WR's nowadays can't be compared to years ago when cornerbacks could basically mug receivers and their was no five yard rule. Jerry Rice is the GOAT and it isn't even close.
Rice is on an entire different planet than AB.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We all have our own opinions, however AB could play in any era.
I never said he couldn’t play, and yes we all have our own opinions. It’s very difficult to compare players across different decades, especially the 70s and 80s when the rules favoring the offenses didn’t exist.