• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Volume WR, Who is it Gonna Be?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So Jeff Z. tweeted that he "knows the exact guy" we're getting in response to a tweet that asked who we're going to get on the squad (a WR). Please sweet baby Jesus, don't be Victor Cruz. Make a splash Oz!

The Raven

Veteran
Who's to say Moore or Perriman can't be a volume receiver? I know they're both billed as deep threats -- especially Moore, who people consider a one trick pony -- but I see no reason why Perriman couldn't be that type of receiver. Moore has his issues with hands and route running that might put a damper on that, but Perriman could fill that role, imo.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Who's to say Moore or Perriman can't be a volume receiver? I know they're both billed as deep threats -- especially Moore, who people consider a one trick pony -- but I see no reason why Perriman couldn't be that type of receiver. Moore has his issues with hands and route running that might put a damper on that, but Perriman could fill that role, imo.
I definitely think BP can be our number 1 guy with 80+ receptions, him and Joe just really need more time together.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I definitely think BP can be our number 1 guy with 80+ receptions, him and Joe just really need more time together.
Although I believe he can get to that point this year, I think it is more reasonable to think he doubles his production this year, which would give him 66 rec / 1000 yards. That being said hopefully with these numbers, he assists in creating mismatches for our other WRs and TEs that may be involved in the play.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Although I believe he can get to that point this year, I think it is more reasonable to think he doubles his production this year, which would give him 66 rec / 1000 yards. That being said hopefully with these numbers, he assists in creating mismatches for our other WRs and TEs that may be involved in the play.

Yea i believe he ends up with around 70 this year. I have a feeling hes going to have a slow start but have a very strong second half.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
We should trade for Marqise Lee Before he seriously breaks out and would cost to much. If this draft class works out and we trade for Marqise we are Super Bowl contrnders

usmccharles

Practice Squad
We should trade for Marqise Lee Before he seriously breaks out and would cost to much. If this draft class works out and we trade for Marqise we are Super Bowl contrnders

Ya know what man, im gonna jump on this wagon with you. I dug up some film on him and read some things, i like that he would offer something in the return game, which i have been a huge advocate for bringing someone in just for returns. Do you see him as a slot guy? He does not look 6foot on tape he looks tiny. A 4th round pick for him id be ok with, maybe even a 3rd

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I love Lee and was a huge advocate for him in 2014 when he was coming out of the draft, but he's such a frail, small wide receiver that injuries will likely always be a concern for him.
[doublepost=1495404337,1495404124][/doublepost]
Ya know what man, im gonna jump on this wagon with you. I dug up some film on him and read some things, i like that he would offer something in the return game, which i have been a huge advocate for bringing someone in just for returns. Do you see him as a slot guy? He does not look 6foot on tape he looks tiny. A 4th round pick for him id be ok with, maybe even a 3rd
I would not want him in the slot because he struggles catching in traffic and fighting through contested catches.

He's at his best when he's on the outside and can fight single coverage.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
For me its simple really..

either we go for a legit boldin style trade

-sammy watkins
- jarvis Landry

or we just go with what we have and see if we can unearth some talents.

I want a clearcut upgrade..not just more of the same .

usmccharles

Practice Squad
For me its simple really..

either we go for a legit boldin style trade

-sammy watkins
- jarvis Landry

or we just go with what we have and see if we can unearth some talents.

I want a clearcut upgrade..not just more of the same .
I dont get the love for Watkins. The guy is a beast but he cant stay healthy and will be a FA after this year, hes going to get 10 mill a year. Same instance with Jeffrey, just didnt get why people wanted him brought him. Trust me, we all want an upgrade and to be able to have THE GUY, but imagine the uproar if we go out and get that guy, pay him and then he gets hurt. Good god

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I dont get the love for Watkins. The guy is a beast but he cant stay healthy and will be a FA after this year, hes going to get 10 mill a year. Same instance with Jeffrey, just didnt get why people wanted him brought him. Trust me, we all want an upgrade and to be able to have THE GUY, but imagine the uproar if we go out and get that guy, pay him and then he gets hurt. Good god
And it would be the same people who had wanted him in the first place.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sammy Watkins who was barley 25% all season last year still put up respectable numbers. The year before he was a top 10 WR in the NFL. Eye test says he's an all pro when healthy.

Whos to say he wont be? He might just have been a tad unlucky..look at perriman!

usmccharles

Practice Squad
And it would be the same people who had wanted him in the first place.
Exactly.

Sammy Watkins who was barley 25% all season last year still put up respectable numbers. The year before he was a top 10 WR in the NFL. Eye test says he's an all pro when healthy.

Whos to say he wont be? He might just have been a tad unlucky..look at perriman!
Thats my exact point, look at BP. Every single Raven fan holds their breath every time he goes to the ground. We drafted him and he never missed a game prior to his rookie year here in Baltimore. We know for a fact Watkins has an injury history. You are suppose to minimize risk. There is no logic in trading for a guy who missed half of last year and three games prior while giving up a draft pick and then having to sign him to a long term deal which would be 10+million easily.

He is a beast, no doubt, but to me it would be like signing Ryan Mathews when he left the Chargers for big money. Mathews missed 10 games his last year in SD and played the full year the year prior (which was his best year), its also the only year he played all 16 games in his 7 year career. Luckily Phili got him cheap, Sammy, however, will not be cheap. For a one year rental then ok, not bad if its for a 5th rounder or something. Just my opinion

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly.

Thats my exact point, look at BP. Every single Raven fan holds their breath every time he goes to the ground. We drafted him and he never missed a game prior to his rookie year here in Baltimore. We know for a fact Watkins has an injury history. You are suppose to minimize risk. There is no logic in trading for a guy who missed half of last year and three games prior while giving up a draft pick and then having to sign him to a long term deal which would be 10+million easily.

He is a beast, no doubt, but to me it would be like signing Ryan Mathews when he left the Chargers for big money. Mathews missed 10 games his last year in SD and played the full year the year prior (which was his best year), its also the only year he played all 16 games in his 7 year career. Luckily Phili got him cheap, Sammy, however, will not be cheap. For a one year rental then ok, not bad if its for a 5th rounder or something. Just my opinion

Sammy is still only 23. He's had injuries but no season ending ones.. Just ones that lingered..
I really feel he is worth the risk. Anyhow, i'm not holding my breath.

With all due respct to perriman, he isn't close to the talent watkins is.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Sammy is still only 23. He's had injuries but no season ending ones.. Just ones that lingered..
I really feel he is worth the risk. Anyhow, i'm not holding my breath.

With all due respct to perriman, he isn't close to the talent watkins is.
Id rather a season ending injury than the ones that linger, you never get healthy that way, trying to play through. And we honestly dont know what BP is compared to Watkins, now obviously Watkins has done it and looks a notch above BP, but i wouldnt be shocked to see BP hit 1k yards this season. Also, sometimes availability is the best ability.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Id rather a season ending injury than the ones that linger, you never get healthy that way, trying to play through. And we honestly dont know what BP is compared to Watkins, now obviously Watkins has done it and looks a notch above BP, but i wouldnt be shocked to see BP hit 1k yards this season. Also, sometimes availability is the best ability.
Totally with joy on this one. I could easily see bp having a better career than Watkins. At this point Watkins hasn't come close to his draft status. It's really a shame, because the guy can't stay on the field, but has loads of talent. If he busts do to injury, he wouldn't be the first one to do so.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Ye
Totally with joy on this one. I could easily see bp having a better career than Watkins. At this point Watkins hasn't come close to his draft status. It's really a shame, because the guy can't stay on the field, but has loads of talent. If he busts do to injury, he wouldn't be the first one to do so.
I dont think people are giving BP enough credit. This is why im slowly starting to be ok with our WRs right now, BP just needs to see more targets. He showed he can make crazy catches in traffic, the amount of times he caught with his hands and didnt body catch surprised me. I honestly am more worried about our run game

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would like Perriman to be that guy, but somehow this kid has emotional issues vis-a-vis confidence. He seems like a good kid that is over sensitive. That doesn't bode well for the rough and tumble NFL. But, if he can get his act togehter and gets going, he'll be terrific. I am rooting for him to realize his full potential.