• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Cleveland

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think it will be that easy. Cleveland has a MUCH better o-line and they hung with Pittsburgh to the end

Cleveland always plays divisional opponents close, but in the end they lose.

There OLine is good, but not good enough to run on the Ravens and unfortunately for them the Ravens have the best secondary in football so all that time he gets won't help. There is not a single matchup for Cleveland to exploit whereas the Steelers secondary is still horrid.

Cleveland gave up 7 sacks to a d that I don't think is anywhere near as good as ours btw. Offense needs to be a lot better.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cleveland gave up 7 sacks to a d that I don't think is anywhere near as good as ours btw. Offense needs to be a lot better.

The offense really did remind of Denvers Super Bowl run. They start off okay, get the points early and go "whelp that'll do time to run 45 minutes off the clock" (which was exactly how they beat NE).

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I honestly fear the Browns more than the Bengals. This team is hungry. We'll see how it unfolds but while I didn't doubt that we would make life hell for Dalton, I don't know what to expect against the Browns. Lots of matchups that I can't predict.

As bad as Dalton was I think the QB situation vs Cleveland favors more. Especially considering that it's a rookie who doesn't have the type of receiving threats the Bengals possess. Yes, Dalton was terrible but its not the first time we've seen him play like this, If I can recall he bounced back favorably after that nightmare Thursday Night Game vs Cleveland in 2014. I think we did a tremendous job against Cincinnati and Cleveland should be Part II. I'm more concerned for the offense because I think that it's a work in progress overall.

I know they gave Pitt a tough fight but the Steelers defense REALLY isn't as good as people try to make it out to be. Kitzer was impressive considering his limited experience but that Steelers defense Is nothing to be impressed at.

K-Dog

MVP
Man I have been saying for years "Don't sleep on the browns"

Man we have not beaten them by more than 7 in some time. Mostly three or less. They are a thorn in our side and that thorn just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I expect FAR more of a battle next week than we had this week. Nothing and I repeat NOTHING about next week will be cake.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not that I think the browns stand a chance, but I agree with k-dog, I think think is gonna just end up close. I don't know how, their defense is incredibly inferior to the bengals so we should move the ball way better, and their weapons are barely there while cinci probably has the best group of skill positions in the league, but their OL and kizer just worry me a little. And if we don't move the ball better then I will be a little worried that we simply can't force 5 turnovers and pitch a shutout

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Not that I think the browns stand a chance, but I agree with k-dog, I think think is gonna just end up close. I don't know how, their defense is incredibly inferior to the bengals so we should move the ball way better, and their weapons are barely there while cinci probably has the best group of skill positions in the league, but their OL and kizer just worry me a little. And if we don't move the ball better then I will be a little worried that we simply can't force 5 turnovers and pitch a shutout

Didn't their OL give up 7 sacks today or something like that? If so, I expect our defense to make Kizer uncomfortable all game long.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Didn't their OL give up 7 sacks today or something like that? If so, I expect our defense to make Kizer uncomfortable all game long.
I have yet to review the tape, but Kizer has a tendency to hold the ball from what I remember. So I'm not sure that it's their oline's fault. They can only do so much. That said, our front 7 has a hell of a lot more depth than the Steelers' does so we could give Kizer a hard time.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is Langford a capable receiving back? We need speed and he was the fastest back in his class, but on tape his speed was obviously slowly generated, he didn't have that one step acceleration, and I don't recall being impressed with him as a receiver.

God dammit that mizzell cut is killing us right now

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
My suspicion is Chris Mathew if the Ravens must carry a 3rd RB on the 45, but they could very much stay status quo for the Cleveland game and feel the West-Allen duo out one more time.
Yeah but you can't go into the game with 2. As soon as we do that at least one gets high ankle sprain or something.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Is Langford a capable receiving back? We need speed and he was the fastest back in his class, but on tape his speed was obviously slowly generated, he didn't have that one step acceleration, and I don't recall being impressed with him as a receiver.

God dammit that mizzell cut is killing us right now
Yes. Here way lay, horrified and mortified by our 1-0 record and amazing defense.

I hated the Mizzell cut too, but it's not likely to be the end of the world. Woodhead's injury is obviously horrible, but I think Buck can more than fill in on screen plays. I remember Langford being a good pass catcher, but he's so horrible in pass protection that I have concerns. Ultimately,I think our real test comes in week four against Pittsburgh. Jacksonville will be tough, but that's a game we should win imo.