• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Cleveland

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly cant see kizer do much vs us. His college tape shows inconsistencies with throws down feild. We should be able to rattle the kid pretty quickly. Especially in Baltimore

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
there were at least a couple of coverage sacks from pittsburgh taking too long so i wouldnt take anything for granted - but hopefully we can properly welcome the rookie to the nfl
Hes the youngest starting qb in NFL history. He has no idea whats comming for him in Baltimore. Dean pees will have him cross eyed by the end of the game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i'd say its much more likely to be collins coming up than langford...
and mizzell wont ever see playing time behind tarik cohen if he keeps balling out
Collins is the classic downhill runner from what I remember, langfords speed is what appeals to me when looking at third down backs.

And yeah I liked Tarik cohen a lot(check the "pound the table thread") and was surprised to see the bears be the team to take him. It would just be beautiful if they cut him and we pick him back up

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need Maxx Williams to become a favorite of flaccos. Especially with woodhead out. Watson also. Flacco is at his best when he has tight ends to work with

The D played an amazing game yesterday. No doubt! But, I'm not about to quickly jump on the bandwagon of the Ravens being such a prolific and dominant team week after week just yet. For me, the one thing that the Ravens have demonstrated the past few seasons more than anything else that warrants my hesitation is that they have been consistently inconsistent.

They can come out and have a performance like yesterday (esp. defensively) against the Bengals and then come out and completely sputter offensively and lay a damn egg against a team like the Browns at home next week. I predict a "W" but I'll hold off on all of this dominating the Browns talk that I'm reading and hearing from fellow Ravens fans.
Ok, I get you but I've seen a lot of people hesitant on this Defense. This unit was 7th in the league and made upgrades all around and has players making a jump(Pierce, Urban, Correa, Peanut, Smith.)

This defense should be consistently great as long as they're healthy. The offense is iffy but the Bengals have so much depth that the losses of Pacman and Burfict really weren't felt. From a talent perspective the Bengals are in the top 7 IMO. The offense might take some time to group up but what we did against a defense that knew we were running the ball on 8 and 9 boxes was very impressive.

I think people need to be more optismistic, it's the Browns, at home, against a rookie QB with one of the best defensive units in the league. I think it's very much expected that we win this; I'm more worried about Jacksonville after what they did to Houston. Especially with the energy they'll be coming in with at London.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok, I get you but I've seen a lot of people hesitant on this Defense. This unit was 7th in the league and made upgrades all around and has players making a jump(Pierce, Urban, Correa, Peanut, Smith.)

This defense should be consistently great as long as they're healthy. The offense is iffy but the Bengals have so much depth that the losses of Pacman and Burfict really weren't felt. From a talent perspective the Bengals are in the top 7 IMO. The offense might take some time to group up but what we did against a defense that knew we were running the ball on 8 and 9 boxes was very impressive.

I think people need to be more optismistic, it's the Browns, at home, against a rookie QB with one of the best defensive units in the league. I think it's very much expected that we win this; I'm more worried about Jacksonville after what they did to Houston. Especially with the energy they'll be coming in with at London.

This teams key is quite simple really. it's michael pierce...if he plays like he did vs cinci and pushes the pocket from straight down the middle, it changes the whole game for the entire defense.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This teams key is quite simple really. it's michael pierce...if he plays like he did vs cinci and pushes the pocket from straight down the middle, it changes the whole game for the entire defense.
Brandon Williams did the same thing. According to pff he had a 90 grade and pushed the pocket consistently. Im liking him a lot at 3 tech

Agreed, especially in the depth on the back end. Having the guys that can be depended upon to execute will allow the D to be more aggressive and not just sit back at the end of games and get beat. There's a reason Sizzle was thanking Ozzie yesterday. lol

Absolutely, it really sucks what happened to Za'Darius but reports are it's with the ankle and there are no structural damage to the knee. It could be a sprain. I remember when I sprained my ankle badly a while back and couldn't even move my leg at all, and I didn't have a 300LB fall on it. It took days to heal, but after a week you just have issues with it tightening up, which isn't pain related but it effects your explosiveness and quickness. Hopefully he'll be back within the next few games because we will need him. This could be the year where he breaks out in a big way.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel like our defense could carry us to the Playoffs. Giving Flacco his reps and chemistry could pay off if we make tge playoffs. Consider the 16 game season Flaccos preseason lol

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
flacco's lack of movement in the pocket worries me. He doesn't look ready to take off and try to scramble, he just waits for the inevitable.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
flacco's lack of movement in the pocket worries me. He doesn't look ready to take off and try to scramble, he just waits for the inevitable.
As long as we can run the ball and use play action that shouldnt matter much. He should get more comfortable and mobile as the season progresses

In terms of Flacco's performance. He barely had any time to work with these receivers and the chemistry and miscues were obvious during the game. With 17 drop backs and only 9 completion I don't think you're getting much from him. I don't think it had anything to do with health, if you don't have much of a connection to these guys then you're putting yourself in a position to turn it over. I think he's going to be fine and should have a better season than what we've seen the last two. Personally I really like this offense and the coaches behind it, and I really liked the play-calling.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm a big fan of TJ Watt, just not happy with who drafted him :(

FO didn't seem interested in him at all. Didnt have a single meeting with him of any kind according to walterfootball and we had one with pretty much every pass rusher, except him and carl lawson who have both looked really good. Lawson gave stanley fits..