• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 1 Edition

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He played a lot of snaps though, and he played them well. I can understand that he doesn't have the juice to pursue a QB like Dalton (who at least has some legs) after 3 and a half quarters of steady push of the Bengals OL.
not only that, but he isn't used to playing a full game. He's had limited snaps prior to this year.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
both kaufusi and wormley were on the inactives list which surprised me and i wonder if that will continue tbh because outside of matt judon, urban played the most snaps of any player on the team i think (definitely in the front 7)
Mosley, Carr and another one I forgot played all defensive snaps. Filmstudy has it covered but yes, Urban's snap count is very high.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Good thing play calling changes on a game by game basis based on different situations and matchups.

If running the ball 42 times is working and gets you a win, do it.
I pretty much conceded it was what worked for this game. However, our OCs DO have a history of trying to stick with one thing if it works for one game even when it fails dismally in the next. I guess I was letting my frustration that they did not throw the ball for the entire 2nd half out more than I intended. I think Flacco & the receiving corps needed at least some game reps. I do understand it for this game. Just saying, the history says we'll overdo it again even when it is failing.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
both kaufusi and wormley were on the inactives list which surprised me and i wonder if that will continue tbh because outside of matt judon, urban played the most snaps of any player on the team i think (definitely in the front 7)
Maybe they just feel more comfortable with Urban since hes been in the system longer. Maybe its a tough position for young guys. As i remember weve always had vets as our 5tech in Redding, Canty, and Guy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Maybe they just feel more comfortable with Urban since hes been in the system longer. Maybe its a tough position for young guys. As i remember weve always had vets as our 5tech in Redding, Canty, and Guy
I just think neither wormley or kaufusi offer anything right now. Wormley looked like a total non factor in preseason against future cuts, kaufusi had some moments but looked slow and weak against slow and weak competition, his motor showed, but he got washed out of plays, was sluggish off the ball, showed no bend and very little disengage, and failed to finish often.

I'm ok with kaufusi and wormley being scratches, I'd hope kaufusi gets in better shape and regains some of his burst and comes in late with fresh legs and contributes, but I have little hope for wormley this year.

I know we're talking DL, but still, Tim Williams being inactive is my issue, he was a highly disruptive pass rusher in PS games 2-4, and has traits that can translate to the field regardless of competition, he looked a bit fatigued, so maybe a down week or 2 to help him rest up after playing big snaps late in the preseason can help, and maybe light a fire under his ass to think less and play more.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just think neither wormley or kaufusi offer anything right now. Wormley looked like a total non factor in preseason against future cuts, kaufusi had some moments but looked slow and weak against slow and weak competition, his motor showed, but he got washed out of plays, was sluggish off the ball, showed no bend and very little disengage, and failed to finish often.

I'm ok with kaufusi and wormley being scratches, I'd hope kaufusi gets in better shape and regains some of his burst and comes in late with fresh legs and contributes, but I have little hope for wormley this year.

I know we're talking DL, but still, Tim Williams being inactive is my issue, he was a highly disruptive pass rusher in PS games 2-4, and has traits that can translate to the field regardless of competition, he looked a bit fatigued, so maybe a down week or 2 to help him rest up after playing big snaps late in the preseason can help, and maybe light a fire under his ass to think less and play more.
Could just be a numbers game. He will be active this week but i dont have a problem keeping him inactive. Maybe they want him to watch amd learn? Idk. Lets just be glad it was only a healthy scratch. Instead of ZDS being hurt that could have been Timmy

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pat ricard is simply a football player. He could be a rob ninkovic type of D linesman IMO as well as being a mauler as FB

ALI624

Pro Bowler
According to Ian Rapoport, Woodhead is out 4-6 weeks with a hamstring.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Adam Schefter is reporting Woodhead is out 6-8 weeks. While Ian Rapoport reported it was 4-6 weeks.