1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to sign up if you haven't already done so!
    Dismiss Notice

The Music Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Tank, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Tank

Tank Ravens Ring of Honor

Thought we could use a thread pertaining to the oscillation of sound waves to produce rhythmic, dynamic sounds. lol Post anything that has to do with music, musicians, instruments, etc..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. Tank

Went to the VetsAid.org show last night in NOVA. Zac Brown Band, Gary Clark Jr., Keith Urban and Joe Walsh. It was quite an eclectic mix of music and crowd. Had a great time listening to some great tunes!

VetsAid is a non profit started by Joe Walsh to benefit vets groups across the country.

3. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

this is niche but i was in a show called submarine (the only ever adaptation of richard ayoade's film) and we got original music from a band called Island who's first single went big(ish) for a little while - i dunno if you guys like that kind of modern alternative melancholy rock type deal but i'd suggest checking them out - they just got signed to a record deal and are currently recording their debut album

4. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Pro Bowler

Drake fell off

5. Tank

You're an actor? Cool

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. K-Dog

K-Dog MVP

My daughter is taking AP music theory.

I have been into music all my life. My tastes are a bit eclectic.
    I spent 17 years working in the music industry.
    I was a sound man. I owned a sound, light and staging company, as well as did freelance work, and worked for a few local bands and artists. ( no, you probably never heard of them )

7. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

for a little bit - not so much anymore - the last show i did was like 18 months ago - now trying to break into editing/camera in tv

8. SepticeyePoe

SepticeyePoe Ravens Ring of Honor

I can kind of play the guitar, and I can play a few chords on the ukulele.

9. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Pro Bowler

Are you a 500 lb hawaiian?

10. SepticeyePoe

Haha, no, but I do know a 300 lb Hawaiian who teaches how to play the ukulele.

11. Lost_In_Translation

Lost_In_Translation Staff Member Administrator Writer Suspended

I can play a few chords on the ukulele. @SepticeyePoe. Guitar in college= instant girls. Literally..... I wish I knew why since I'm only decent.

To change the subject. Does anyone have any massive guilty pleasures that they'd like to admit to having...

No... Mine isn't nickeback....

Okay so here goes mine... I'm legit ashamed of some of these.

Hinder- Lips of an angel.
    Basically the entire first album by Maroon five.
    Half of Taylor Swift's Country Stuff(her pop stuff is total ass. But for whatever reason whenever I bust out an acoustic guitar with my friends they want me to play fucking Taylor Swift... So I at least make it good Taylor Swift).
    I want it that way- backstreet boy(I sang this at a wedding once as a joke. Got a kick out of it)
    Ed Sheeran-photograph
    Ed Sheeran-Castle on the Hill(sometimes. I have to be in the right mood).
    Most of Sara Barellis' music. Except for Brave because let's be real: that song sucks. Uncharted is her best album(I have a thing for girls who play the Piano... Sue me). Also Sweet As Whole is one of the best songs ever written
    December 1963, The Four Seasons(not gonna lie though. This is one of my favorite songs ever)
    Peter Pan-Kelsea Ballerini(if you've ever actually read Peter Pan, this song is actually fucking genius)
    Chicken Fried-Zac Brown Band(bigger Garth Brooks fan. Not a fan of other things)
    Kenny Loggins.. Just no further explanation needed. He's genius.

12. SepticeyePoe

Looks like I'm taking my guitar with me when I go to college :lol:

I like to play You Belong With Me on the guitar. It was one of the first songs that I could actually play well. The other was A Horse With No Name, which has like 2 chords.

13. K-Dog

K-Dog MVP

My guilty pleasure?

My god this song is SO catchy and addictive.

Such a happy pop song.

14. Edgar

Edgar MVP

Anyone listen to something other than pop music?

15. K-Dog

K-Dog MVP

80's hair metal.
    80's nu wave.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  16. Tank

To name some go to.....SRV, Chili Peppers, Little Feat, Robin Trower, Gary Clark, Jr., STP, Jeff Beck, Santana.

17. Tank

What's nu?

Don't tell me this is a bad joke. lol

18. Edgar

Edgar MVP

I would consider that pop music broadly....perhaps I should have said rock.

19. Tank

Or obscure rock maybe? Ever listen to White Trash? 90's band.

20. K-Dog

K-Dog MVP

Nu wave.
    Not sure what happened there.