• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Music Thread

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My guilty pleasure?

My god this song is SO catchy and addictive.

Such a happy pop song.

So is this one.......

K-Dog

MVP
I swear there must be at least two dozen songs by this guy I could post. He is legendary.
Hit, after hit, after hit, after hit. This is one of my favorites.
I never got to see him live. I gotta get off my ass. I missed opportunites to see Michael, Prince and now Tom Petty. :(

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I swear there must be at least two dozen songs by this guy I could post. He is legendary.
Hit, after hit, after hit, after hit. This is one of my favorites.
I never got to see him live. I gotta get off my ass. I missed opportunites to see Michael, Prince and now Tom Petty. :(

We just seen him here in July @ Royal Farms Arena. It was a great show.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
An iconic original that brought his own unique style. No one around like him, never will be.

RIP Tom.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
An iconic original that brought his own unique style. No on around like him, never will be.

RIP Tom.
Master of the four chord pop song. Nobody ever did it better than him in that regard.
Yer so bad is one of the best songs ever written

Tank

Hall of Famer
He is indeed. Put PRS on the map. Grew up listening to him. As a guy who's been playing guitar for 15 years, he's a massive influence.

But sorry @Tank Jeff Beck helped Stevie Wonder write Superstition, which while I really like Santana, is easily better than anything Santana has ever written... Or most people have written(I'm a sucker for Stevie Wonder. Basically anything with him is automatically in my playlist).
Do you own a PRS guitar?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I can play a few chords on the ukulele. @SepticeyePoe. Guitar in college= instant girls. Literally..... I wish I knew why since I'm only decent.

To change the subject. Does anyone have any massive guilty pleasures that they'd like to admit to having...

No... Mine isn't nickeback....

Okay so here goes mine... I'm legit ashamed of some of these.

Hinder- Lips of an angel.
Basically the entire first album by Maroon five.
Half of Taylor Swift's Country Stuff(her pop stuff is total ass. But for whatever reason whenever I bust out an acoustic guitar with my friends they want me to play fucking Taylor Swift... So I at least make it good Taylor Swift).
I want it that way- backstreet boy(I sang this at a wedding once as a joke. Got a kick out of it)
Ed Sheeran-photograph
Ed Sheeran-Castle on the Hill(sometimes. I have to be in the right mood).
Most of Sara Barellis' music. Except for Brave because let's be real: that song sucks. Uncharted is her best album(I have a thing for girls who play the Piano... Sue me). Also Sweet As Whole is one of the best songs ever written
December 1963, The Four Seasons(not gonna lie though. This is one of my favorite songs ever)
Peter Pan-Kelsea Ballerini(if you've ever actually read Peter Pan, this song is actually fucking genius)
Chicken Fried-Zac Brown Band(bigger Garth Brooks fan. Not a fan of other things)
Kenny Loggins.. Just no further explanation needed. He's genius.
Here's a couple that I probably wouldn't normally admit to or that really fit what I normally listen to. lol

one by a local DC band that has a secret, especially fond place in my........heart. lol

another that is etched in my brain from childhood. love it.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
He is indeed. Put PRS on the map. Grew up listening to him. As a guy who's been playing guitar for 15 years, he's a massive influence.

But sorry @Tank Jeff Beck helped Stevie Wonder write Superstition, which while I really like Santana, is easily better than anything Santana has ever written... Or most people have written(I'm a sucker for Stevie Wonder. Basically anything with him is automatically in my playlist).
Wait, you've been playing the guitar since you were 4 and you're "only decent"?

Tank

Hall of Famer
Every weekend or so, my family will get together for dinner with my grandparents, and after dinner we'll play music together. I play the guitar, my mom and brother (and occasionally my uncle) play the ukulele, my grandfather plays the mandolin, and my grandmother sings. We don't usually play anything too difficult, but it's fun playing together.
This is really cool. What a great way to enjoy family time!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry to hear about Tom Petty. May he RIP. My favorite song by far was "Running Down a Dream". Loved the MTV vid lol. I believe he first started out as a backup band member to Bob Dylan. Learned how to sing thru his nose like him. Also had a chance to see him at either Merriweather or the place in Manassas. Cant remember. Jackson Brown opened up for him.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here's a couple that I probably wouldn't normally admit to or that really fit what I normally listen to. lol

one by a local DC band that has a secret, especially fond place in my........heart. lol

another that is etched in my brain from childhood. love it.

You gotta be fuckin kidding lol.

I secretly like the ABC song too. :giggle:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm learning to play Reptillia and I feel pretty proud that I can play the chorus.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every weekend or so, my family will get together for dinner with my grandparents, and after dinner we'll play music together. I play the guitar, my mom and brother (and occasionally my uncle) play the ukulele, my grandfather plays the mandolin, and my grandmother sings. We don't usually play anything too difficult, but it's fun playing together.
Really cool!
That is a great experience, I'm sure.