• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Music Thread

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Some personal favorites..........

Thanks for sharing some of your personal favorites, I enjoyed listening to them. The Allman Brothers are a personal favorite of mine. Greg Allman had a great voice for singing the blues. I was lucky enough to see them at Painters Mill a couple of weeks before Duane Allman died. They were a great live band.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Thanks for sharing some of your personal favorites, I enjoyed listening to them. The Allman Brothers are a personal favorite of mine. Greg Allman had a great voice for singing the blues. I was lucky enough to see them at Painters Mill a couple of weeks before Duane Allman died. They were a great live band.
Wow, that’s great. Saw them a few times but after Duane had died. The Brothers and Sisters album is my favorite and every tune just oozes passion and feeling. A couple of years ago I popped for front row seats for an Allman Brothers/Santana show. Took my two sons and I’m so happy they got to see and hear Greg before he died. Our seats were right in front of him and his Hammond B3. Their performance did not disappoint. Like you said, a truly great band when heard live.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember watching the Allmans with Marshall Tucker at APG. They played until after 1 in the morning even tho curfew was 11 lol. 3 different drum solos about 10 min long contributed lol let alone letting the other guys shine multiple times.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I remember watching the Allmans with Marshall Tucker at APG. They played until after 1 in the morning even tho curfew was 11 lol. 3 different drum solos about 10 min long contributed lol let alone letting the other guys shine multiple times.
APG?

Marshall Tucker band would have like 20 people on the stage! True performers. If you listen to the Zac Brown Band at all I think you notice the similarity in their style/music and MTB.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
APG?

Marshall Tucker band would have like 20 people on the stage! True performers. If you listen to the Zac Brown Band at all I think you notice the similarity in their style/music and MTB.

Aberdeen Proving Ground. Its outside on a sports field. I;ve also seen Lynyrd skynyrd multiple times there with other artists like ZZ Top, Grand Funk, Boston, and Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Aberdeen Proving Ground. Its outside on a sports field. I;ve also seen Lynyrd skynyrd multiple times there with other artists like ZZ Top, Grand Funk, Boston, and Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
Wut? I had no idea they had shows there.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sirius satellite radio has the freebird channel out now focusing on one of my favorite groups Lynyrd Skynyrd as well as playing other southern rock favorites like the Allmans and Marshal Tucker just to name a couple. Now I own all the Skynyrd music with Ronnie who died way to early but with Johnny I cant say I knew it all but I knew a few my favorite being "Red,White and Blue" but man I've heard so much other great stuff that truly cements their legacy and this is a song about one of the criminally underrated keyboard/piano players out there. Anyways thought I'd share since I cant get enough of this channel.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

@Tank Close your eyes and ears for this one. :p

Totally forgot about this song, love it.
Realizing though that apparently I like songs about strippers.:huh: