• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Music Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I have to thank the Guardians of the Galaxy and James Gunn for introducing me to really good music. The first soundtrack was good, and the second one was even better (I've listened to it since the movie came out). And then Rubberband Man in Infinity War. I've been listening to this for almost 4 hours straight now.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
This group came up in a conversation with a friend, I hadn’t listened to them for some time. Are you familiar?

Yes. I also hadn't listened in a while. Phil Collins is so under appreciated as a drummer. I also love the upright playing on that record. It sounds very much like someone that is an accomplished electric player and that he is trying to play and phrase on the upright in the exact same way
Collins' playing was also great on those Peter Gabriel era, genesis records. I've never heard who he liked but I can hear Tony Williams and Roy Haynes in his playing....though I consider him an original to my ear.

I need to go back to some of that stuff....Have you heard that first UK record?

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yes. I also hadn't listened in a while. Phil Collins is so under appreciated as a drummer. I also love the upright playing on that record. It sounds very much like someone that is an accomplished electric player and that he is trying to play and phrase on the upright in the exact same way
Collins' playing was also great on those Peter Gabriel era, genesis records. I've never heard who he liked but I can hear Tony Williams and Roy Haynes in his playing....though I consider him an original to my ear.

I need to go back to some of that stuff....Have you heard that first UK record?
Unorthodox Behaviour? Yes, great listening from start to finish. I think all the players are A+.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Oh good... The person whom I still have feelings for but haven't talked to in months just texted me. She's across the country.

Here we go. It's time to play "Lost is in love and is about to get his heart broken again."

Let's do this shit.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh good... The person whom I still have feelings for but haven't talked to in months just texted me. She's across the country.

Here we go. It's time to play "Lost is in love and is about to get his heart broken again."

Let's do this shit.

Don't fall into that trap!!!!

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Let's do this shit.

Here we go again! They have given some great advice above but I know you won't listen. So I suggest this to get her in the mood: