• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Music Thread

Tank

Hall of Famer
It's definitely a largely pentatonic vocabulary but the stuff I've heard stays closer to a rock style fusion. Certainly not jazz.

So far as rock guys go he's pretty great. I'll take 1 Jeff Beck to 5 million Santanas....there's just no comparison.
I was listening to some older stuff in my library and this convo came to mind. Check out this cover cut and another from Beck, Bogert and Appice which was a "supergroup" collaboration in the 70's. The whole album is really cool and features great vocals on top of excellent instrumental skills. At least that's my opinion. ^_^

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was listening to some older stuff in my library and this convo came to mind. Check out this cover cut and another from Beck, Bogert and Appice which was a "supergroup" collaboration in the 70's. The whole album is really cool and features great vocals on top of excellent instrumental skills. At least that's my opinion. ^_^

Thanks for thinking to send .... I hadn't heard those before.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Thanks for thinking to send .... I hadn't heard those before.
Here’s a link to the whole album. Great, quality tunes although the first one is a bit weak and can probably be skipped. lol

Last edited:

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here’s a link to the whole album. Great, quality tunes although the first one is a bit weak and can probably be skipped. lol

I've only checked out a few tunes so take this with that in mind.

I find myself waiting for Beck and not particularly getting him. And the rest doesn't particularly make it for me.

I'm not a rock guy though and that may explain it better than to say I don't care for it.

I certainly appreciate you passing it on.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I've only checked out a few tunes so take this with that in mind.

I find myself waiting for Beck and not particularly getting him. And the rest doesn't particularly make it for me.

I'm not a rock guy though and that may explain it better than to say I don't care for it.

I certainly appreciate you passing it on.
Yeah it’s cool. If you don’t care for rock I can see why wouldn’t appreciate the talent and groove of the trio as a whole.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah it’s cool. If you don’t care for rock I can see why wouldn’t appreciate the talent and groove of the trio as a whole.[/
Rock music doesn't interest me harmonically or melodically on the whole.

There are songwriters I tend toward I suppose.....about once a year (or so it seems), I'm introduced to a band I think has something to say.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
That tune is killer.
"Blinded by passion you foolishly let someone in. All the warnings let off in your head still you had to give in"

My favorite Pat Benetar song is Shadows of the Night
I always liked "Love Is A Battlefield".

Another band with a female singer from that era that i like is Quarterflash. I love a decent sax in songs.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I always liked "Love Is A Battlefield".

Another band with a female singer from that era that i like is Quarterflash. I love a decent sax in songs.

Ever seen Rock of Ages? Either the musical or the movie(which is hilariously terrible). There's an awesome medley of Harden my Heart and Shadows of the Night.

Speaking of it.

Also in both the movie and the musical. Best campfire song ever.

Hey @SepticeyePoe. Take notes. Girls are a sucker for this one

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ever seen Rock of Ages? Either the musical or the movie(which is hilariously terrible). There's an awesome medley of Harden my Heart and Shadows of the Night.

Speaking of it.

im not always the biggest fan of jimmy fallon but the remake of that music video he did with jack black is incredible

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

Speaking of it.

Cool. :+1:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I got an electric guitar for my birthday. Takes away my disappointment from the game.