• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Baltimore Orioles Discussion (2017 Season)

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I certainly agree with you about Buck. Just think how bad this season would be without him.

It would be a lot worse. He is not perfect, but he is a great manager in my opinion. I feel sorry for him, he is trying but has absolutely no pitching. Managing that mess is a tough job.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lokks like the O's need to be serious sellers this year.

Manny I'd hold onto a little while just to see if his average picks up but no way are we gonna sign him to a top dollar long term contract. Castillo would be a good trade chip and possibly Trumbo if somebody would take on that contract and Hardy well maybe you can get a draft slot or something lol. But seriously we gotta do something and I would leave management alone especially when they gotta make these moves. I'm not blaming Buck or his staff neither. This is all on the players.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not giving up Manny or Britton.

Idk I really believe its something we gotta look at. Theres no way we resigning both I mean who's our owner lol and then we got Schoop,Bundy,Gausman..... coming up next year.

Manny's gonna get 25 mil at minimum and probally more from the big market teams and if we let him play out this year all we'll get is a low 1st rd draft pick if we don't sign him for the big dollars when we could get some serious talent in return from trade.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Orioles are shopping Britton, O'Day, and Brach along with Seth Smith.

I have serious doubts about keeping Manny next season, so could he be on the block as well if a big enough deal comes out?

As far as Brach and Britton go, I expect them to fetch some very good prospects.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

I have serious doubts about keeping Manny next season, so could he be on the block as well if a big enough deal comes out?

As far as Brach and Britton go, I expect them to fetch some very good prospects.
Kim and Castillo are also on the table, but I don't think they would bring a lot back.

Roch Kubatko said that Manny is still untouchable at the moment. I really think it should be considered, even though I really want him to stay.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Well if we aren't going to keep Manny (which I truly believe is a big mistake), they should do something now and the trade should include a lot of phenomenal pitching, NOT just prospects!

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Idk I really believe its something we gotta look at. Theres no way we resigning both I mean who's our owner lol and then we got Schoop,Bundy,Gausman..... coming up next year.

Manny's gonna get 25 mil at minimum and probally more from the big market teams and if we let him play out this year all we'll get is a low 1st rd draft pick if we don't sign him for the big dollars when we could get some serious talent in return from trade.

"Could get some serious talent". If they do trade him, it better not be a "could" situation. They better not screw that up or I'm telling you they will be extremely sorry.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

The only guys I wouldn't trade would be Bundy, Mancini, Schoop, and maybe Jones. Ideally, Manny would be signed to a long term deal, but I would also see how much we could get for him in a trade.

I agree about not trading Schoop, I'm on the fence about Bundy. And they can't trade Mancini because I just bought a shirt with his name on it! :p

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
"Could get some serious talent". If they do trade him, it better not be a "could" situation. They better not screw that up or I'm telling you they will be extremely sorry.

Hoo boy. I'm glad I'm not in Dan's shoes lol.

Kickin Texas's butt. Now I don't know what I want them to do.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
If I'm the O's, I'm not selling Mancini, Scoop, Gausman, Bundy, Cisco, Machado, or Givens. Those are all pieces you can build around and all are, I believe, under 25. You can have that core for another 10 years.

Not sure if Machado wants to stay here, though.