• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Awful: Week 3 Edition

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
we usually match up well with the stealers and almost always play em tough. not readin to much into this tromping. oversea who knows what distractins jet lag the whole disruption. we cant play that bad again. am worried about our secondary. if it is as bad as the first 3 games the matchup we usually have may not be as even. they got that Bryant back and hes a wild card with our slow footers back there

still hopin we get into that game even steven

There is NOTHING to read! It was a 44-7 "skull dragging" by the Jaguars! That's pretty clear!

I mentioned (in another thread the other day) that the travel time (leaving on Thursday) to get adjusted to a nearly 8 hrs time difference was not nearly enough time for the Ravens (who never played in Europe) to get adjusted to in order to play a physical game on Sunday. No way! I lived in Europe (Germany) for 11 years. I KNEW that the jet lag would hurt our boys. The Jags been there a few times and knew exactly how to adjust. From the highlights I've seen, the Ravens players looked slow, lethargic and sluggish! All major signs of jet lag! Not using that as an excuse but it is a factor. Other than that, they just got EMBARRASSED and their play was an EMBARRASSMENT!

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Cleaning house would bring you back to 2-14 level.
Don't you know. We have a losing record rn.
2-1 man. We are so fucked....

I get that we could easily be 2-3 the next few weeks but I ain't so sure. Cleaning house is fucking foolish and unnecessary. One bad game. Remember, the Texans kicked our ass in 2014.. We still made the playoffs. The Dolphins got their asses kicked by us, still made the playoffs.

Jesus this fanbase sometimes. One bad loss doesn't mean we should blow up the team and rebuild. Who the fuck are we, the Jets?

SMFH. The loss was embarassing. Take it on the chin and get the fuck over it

Yeah you do that! Anytime we as Ravens fans starting "thinking" that our team is all of that....WHEN CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT; and they get embarrassed and blown out like that? Go face the music!

Just tell them the truth; "The Ravens sucked ass yesterday!" Pathetic! Then maybe, they'll have mercy on you for being "TRUTHFUL".
Yeah, there's no wayto sugarcoat this one. I guess I can say"when you'reat the bottom; the only place to go is Up. "or somethinglike that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I get that we could easily be 2-3 the next few weeks but I ain't so sure. Cleaning house is fucking foolish and unnecessary. One bad game. Remember, the Texans kicked our ass in 2014.. We still made the playoffs. The Dolphins got their asses kicked by us, still made the playoffs.

Jesus this fanbase sometimes. One bad loss doesn't mean we should blow up the team and rebuild. Who the fuck are we, the Jets?

Yep, thank god the fans don't run this franchise. Some pretty stupid comments today

I understand that the Jags can easily lose next week to the Jets but that team has some serious talent on both sides of the ball and Leonard Fournette looks like a stud. I think Jags are that type of any given Sunday that team that can go into Pitt or anywhere else and pull off a shocking win.

On a good note, things are going really well for us outside of our game, the Dolphins are getting beat down by NYJ 20-0, the Steelers are losing to the Bears, and Denver is falling behind Buffalo. Today can seriously be a wash for us if everything goes right.

bMore Heathen

Practice Squad
In a game in which you're down by about 30 where the odds of winning are low, you have a better opportunity evaluating it at that moment than anywhere else.

We weren't down 30 the second drive of the game. We literally swapped every drive in the game. It serves no purpose, especially when we went 3 and out for the first 2 quarters. They have no time to get into the flow of the game and get communication down. It takes consistent reps for o linemen. If they had given one the first half and the other the second, that would at least make some sense.

RavensDFan

Veteran

It isn't one bad game. Dear God it is the same shit different year. Year after year after year. It is time to clean house. Not so sure right now that we aren't looking at a crap season any way you slice it but yes let's just continue to go 8-8 every year instead of having the guts to clean house

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep, thank god the fans don't run this franchise. Some pretty stupid comments today

Ravens fans that I know (as well as myself) are pissed over this loss and the manner of it! And rightfully so!

We have been witnessing this sub-mediocre game play crap from the Ravens for a few seasons now. They come out and beat up on the Bengals and Browns and EVERYONE is talking about how great they are defensively and how that the Ravens offense does "just enough" to win and Joe looked good last week etc, etc, etc, etc. And then, when they get their assess handed to them today by a score of 44-7, the fan base is suppose to be cool with that? C'mon now! That's not realistic! Let'em vent! It's their rights as fans of the team. They'll be alright after they/we get it all out of their/our systems. The coast should be clear by Wednesday! :D

RavensDFan

Veteran
Oh and Ozzie and the scouting team can go to if he wants to continue to draft like it is the 1970s and "we don't need no offense" and they clearly do not have an eye for offensive talent.

Time to man up and stop lying to ourselves. Every year - oh Pees has the talent now! You watch we are gonna dominate on defense! and our WR corps is fine, we don't need to draft a WR high. Offense is fine with old washed up vets at plug ins. No need to give them any love. I mean I wish the old board was still up because some of you people say the same shit every single year and then come up with the same damn excuses when it doesn't happen.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Ravens fans that I know (as well as myself) are pissed over this loss and the manner of it! And rightfully so!

We have been witnessing this sub-mediocre game play crap from the Ravens for a few seasons now. They come out and beat up on the Bengals and Browns and EVERYONE is talking about how great they are defensively and how that the Ravens offense does "just enough" to win and Joe looked good last week etc, etc, etc, etc. And then, when they get their assess handed to them today by a score of 44-7, the fan base is suppose to be cool with that? C'mon now! That's not realistic! Let'em vent! It's their rights as fans of the team. They'll be alright after they/we get it all out of their/our systems. The coast should be clear by Wednesday! :D
Yep everyone here lies to themselves every single season. Same crap, different year. I guess they are okay with 8-8 seasons and never being actually good. But for the record, I said I didn't buy that train ticket on this defense and you were one of the ones who LOLd at me :p

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Truthfully, the Ravens need their drafted players to step up. Stanley is massively disappointing this year and Perriman is a borderline bust.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Oh and Ozzie and the scouting team can go to if he wants to continue to draft like it is the 1970s and "we don't need no offense" and they clearly do not have an eye for offensive talent.

Time to man up and stop lying to ourselves. Every year - oh Pees has the talent now! You watch we are gonna dominate on defense! and our WR corps is fine, we don't need to draft a WR high. Offense is fine with old washed up vets at plug ins. No need to give them any love. I mean I wish the old board was still up because some of you people say the same shit every single year and then come up with the same damn excuses when it doesn't happen.
The offense is fairly young, actually, and they drafted Perriman high and signed Maclin. Should they not expect Perriman to step up? Maclin is a pretty damn reliable player historically. Made a fairly splash signing to get Wallace last year. At some point, Flacco has to get them the ball.

Should we expect this sort of regression from Stanley? He looked damn good last year and now he's crapping the bed.

RavensDFan

Veteran
The offense is fairly young, actually, and they drafted Perriman high and signed Maclin. Should they not expect Perriman to step up? Maclin is a pretty damn reliable player historically. Made a fairly splash signing to get Wallace last year. At some point, Flacco has to get them the ball.

Should we expect this sort of regression from Stanley? He looked damn good last year and now he's crapping the bed.
lol Perriman stone hands. Yeah I remember and everyone was like "oh no his hands are fine". Nope has more drops than catches. And as I clearly just said "they do not have an eye for offensive talent". They can't draft offense. I liked the Maclin signing, still do and yes Flacco was putrid today as well. No excuses for him either. He hasn't been himself since his injury to be honest. Maybe if they'd addressed the O line, Wallace & Flacco could get on the same page. Because Wallace is a one sided player. Fast. Need time to hit him deep.