• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Awful: Week 3 Edition

The Greek

Veteran
Truthfully, the Ravens need their drafted players to step up. Stanley is massively disappointing this year and Perriman is a borderline bust.
i wouldnt say borderline. imo he is already a bust until he proves me wrong. wallace is a 1 trick pony and maclin and camp will give me a heart attack after every hit they take. the offense lacks the studs. when we had boldin and rice we had an offensive identity. this offense is blah!!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
lol Perriman stone hands. Yeah I remember and everyone was like "oh no his hands are fine". Nope has more drops than catches. And as I clearly just said "they do not have an eye for offensive talent". They can't draft offense. I liked the Maclin signing, still do and yes Flacco was putrid today as well. No excuses for him either. He hasn't been himself since his injury to be honest.
I don't even think it's that they don't have an eye for talent- they just can't develop it for anything lately.

It isn't one bad game. Dear God it is the same shit different year. Year after year after year. It is time to clean house. Not so sure right now that we aren't looking at a crap season any way you slice it but yes let's just continue to go 8-8 every year instead of having the guts to clean house
You know every team loses right. This is the NFL, you're going to lose games. Cleaning house isn't going to fix that.

RavensDFan

Veteran
You know every team loses right. This is the NFL, you're going to lose games. Cleaning house isn't going to fix that.
Again, no, it isn't one game. It is the same shit, different year. And this wasn't just a loss lol this was a reality check. You clean house and go 2-14 maybe. But maybe you don't go 8-8 or worse 4 seasons in a row. Instead, maybe you get better. How long are we supposed to just say oh okay to mediocrity?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i wouldnt say borderline. imo he is already a bust until he proves me wrong. wallace is a 1 trick pony and maclin and camp will give me a heart attack after every hit they take. the offense lacks the studs. when we had boldin and rice we had an offensive identity. this offense is blah!!
I still point to a total lack of development. Pittsburgh is starting two UDFAs on their offensive line and a sixth and fourth round pick at WR. It can be done.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep everyone here lies to themselves every single season. Same crap, different year. I guess they are okay with 8-8 seasons and never being actually good. But for the record, I said I didn't buy that train ticket on this defense and you were one of the ones who LOLd at me :p
You are absolutely right. This team absolutely stinks and who in their right mind would have drafted anyone, my god any team should be able to prepare for losing the two most important pieces in the trenches. 15 players on IR is nothing, a good team should be able to replace the entire 47 active players every year.

I'm not making excuses for injuries, but there is only so much a team can do.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Again, no, it isn't one game. It is the same shit, different year. And this wasn't just a loss lol this was a reality check. You clean house and go 2-14 maybe. But maybe you don't go 8-8 or worse 4 seasons in a row. Instead, maybe you get better.
Like him or not, there aren't many coaches of Harbaughs quality in the league and there isn't a GM with ozzies talent anywhere in the league that has consistently gotten it done for almost his entire time as GM. If you think you're going to do better your name must be Dan Snyder

Again, no, it isn't one game. It is the same shit, different year. And this wasn't just a loss lol this was a reality check. You clean house and go 2-14 maybe. But maybe you don't go 8-8 or worse 4 seasons in a row. Instead, maybe you get better. How long are we supposed to just say oh okay to mediocrity?
Who do you want to replace them with?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You are absolutely right. This team absolutely stinks and who in their right mind would have drafted anyone, my god any team should be able to prepare for losing the two most important pieces in the trenches. 15 players on IR is nothing, a good team should be able to replace the entire 47 active players every year.

I'm not making excuses for injuries, but there is only so much a team can do.
You're right. We should have totally blown up the team in 2012 when we got our asses kicked in Houston. That was clearly a reality check and we did NOTHING that year.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You haven't been paying attention, have you?
What about Tucker's conversion?
Yep everyone here lies to themselves every single season. Same crap, different year. I guess they are okay with 8-8 seasons and never being actually good. But for the record, I said I didn't buy that train ticket on this defense and you were one of the ones who LOLd at me :p

I probably did laugh at you @RavensDFan. Like me, in reference to the offense; you, dislike the defense. Guess we're just 2 peas from the same pod. That's why we get along so well. :D The reality of the Ravens is that one minute the offense plays like trash and then another game the defense plays like trash. But this game? BOTH OF THEM WERE TRASHY at the same damn time!

TRASH OFFENSE + TRASH DEFENSE = TRASH TEAM & PERFORMANCE!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I can name a few coordinators I'd love to see.

Just to name a few, but McDaniels, Patricia, Wisenhunt, McCoy.
McDaniel has done absolutely nothing withou Manning or Brady at the helm. I know you aren't talking coach, but I wouldn't bring him anywhere near this organization. Patricia is a good coach, but how often have coaches done well away from Belichick.

Ravenbran

Practice Squad
u musta missed that push off and hook. hes always beaten by the ball no clue where it is. I doan pay attention to pff or film study usually a corner gets judged when he starts lettin in sixes. he didnt do that today but bortles? so good on him today. it ok time will tell.
Totally agree with you RayRay. PFF is biased towards players and teams! I do however see some logical sense in what Film Study says sometimes. How does PFF get the grades out so quick after a game? Its all about the dollar and don't think any different.....

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I can name a few coordinators I'd love to see.

Just to name a few, but McDaniels, Patricia, Wisenhunt, McCoy.
Only one of those guys I'd look at is Wisenhunt honestly. And even then that's a hard sell. Sure, he's made a super bowl but he had some great talent there. That said, he did help revive Kurt Warner's career, and played a part in helping Rivers again, so maybe he could help out Joe. But McCoy has proven to be mediocre and make worse in game decisions than Harbaugh(which is saying something), McDaniels was an utter failure his first time, and Patricia isn't what I'd be looking for: we need an offensive minded dude, not a defensive one.

As much as I'm skeptical of it. I doubt anyone is going to get fired tomorrow.