• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Pittsburgh

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think the Steelers felt bad that we got embarrassed by the Jaguars, and decided to lose to the Bears to make us feel better. Now both teams come off embarrassing losses. I hope we get B-Will get for this one.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I can not wait for this game is it next Sunday yet the steelers haven't looked great in any of there three games this should be a good one at home for rights to the divisions

K-Dog

MVP
Man I don't know what to think.

Today just HAS to have been a fluke. My stomach is going to be in knots till Sunday and I get this bad taste out of my mouth.

I mean, it is at home. We know the steelers better than we know any other team in the NFL. It is divisional. There is more riding on this game than today's.

*shrugs* I am so down and out about today, I just don't know what to think.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Steelers run D looks kinda suspect. Hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Bortles was supposed to be "suspect" as a QB as well right? But look how that turned out today! Let's be real here!

Even though they lost today, the Steelers are a better team than the Ravens are imo. Especially, offensively. The only thing that the Ravens will have going for them on Sunday is that my wife and I; along with thousands of other Ravens fans will be in M&T cheering them on! So, at this point after being SKULL DRAGGED by a score of 44-7 by the Jaguars; let's just "HOPE" that BOTH sides of the ball show up for the Steelers game and cut out all of this the Ravens "can take advantage" of this that or the other with their opponents. Because UNTIL they can prove that they can "take advantage" of another teams weakness....THEY CAN'T!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
with the whole london thing, jet lag and staying away from the stadium and timing the week pretty unorthodox, i think this game was bound to be a disaster. i really think week 3 was a fluke.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
with the whole london thing, jet lag and staying away from the stadium and timing the week pretty unorthodox, i think this game was bound to be a disaster. i really think week 3 was a fluke.
Not to mention our trenches took a hit with yanda and williams out

K-Dog

MVP

The TV commentator who suggested that the Ravens arriving thirty minutes early to the stadium was a factor in todays downfall was simply insulting.

I agree. Fluke.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The TV commentator who suggested that the Ravens arriving thirty minutes early to the stadium was a factor in todays downfall was simply insulting.

I agree. Fluke.
That had to be one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard from a commentator before and I've heard a lot of dumb comments.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mentioned this jet lag piece earlier in the week in another thread.

Interesting how, some tried their best to say that it wouldn't be the case cause the Jags had to travel there as well. But the Jags been there before a few times and knew what to do to adjust. Not the Ravens! This was their first trip and I knew they'd struggle but DAMN! I wasn't expecting that b.s. they put on the field. SMH!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mentioned this jet lag piece earlier in the week in another thread.

Interesting how, some tried their best to say that it wouldn't be the case cause the Jags had to travel there as well. But the Jags been there before a few times and knew what to do to adjust. Not the Ravens! This was their first trip and I knew they'd struggle but DAMN! I wasn't expecting that b.s. they put on the field. SMH!
Yeah, tell me about it

Hopefully we get to see a larger role for Alex Collins and a some well timed play action off of his success. Maybe a RB screen to help the oline? The creativity is non-existent and is hurting our offense. However, if Flacco continues checking down every pass it won't matter anyway. I feel the Steelers are going to stack the box and make Flacco beat them.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I don't know what to believe but jet lag is the only viable explanation I can think of. It's not losing to the Jags or Bortles having a day, it's just that not one player on our team, from Suggs to Flacco to Jefferson to Mosley to anyone, had a decent game. We're not a perfect team but we don't suck ass on all phases. For us to do that yesterday for 60 full minutes means something was just off. Jet lag is a real thing, my dad travels a lot, I get to travel to some pretty far destinations and I know it can be brutal. Some players may have gotten 2hours of sleep before the game. I'm not saying it because we lost, JAX is a tricky team to play, but nothing, absolutely nothing, went right. There has to be an explanation for that and jet lag is the only one I can think of.

Now, on to the Steelers. We should win this game. If we can lock up AB we win this game. Look at their games so far: won against the Browns thanks to a blocked punt (would have lost otherwise), won against a Keenum-led MIN, and lost to the Bears. Their offense hasn't scored more than 20 points in any game. Their defense has some holes to use. Let's refocus and kick their asses. We can definitely pull this one and forget about London.