• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Pittsburgh

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mentioned this jet lag piece earlier in the week in another thread.

Interesting how, some tried their best to say that it wouldn't be the case cause the Jags had to travel there as well. But the Jags been there before a few times and knew what to do to adjust. Not the Ravens! This was their first trip and I knew they'd struggle but DAMN! I wasn't expecting that b.s. they put on the field. SMH!
Oh if it was gonna affect any team, it's gonna be the one who's going for the first time, not only that but we also handled it differently than any other team in London if I'm understanding it correctly.

If jet lag gets people going across the country, it's gonna be way worse crossing the Atlantic.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Steelers run D looks kinda suspect. Hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Man I don't know what to think.

Today just HAS to have been a fluke. My stomach is going to be in knots till Sunday and I get this bad taste out of my mouth.

I mean, it is at home. We know the steelers better than we know any other team in the NFL. It is divisional. There is more riding on this game than today's.

*shrugs* I am so down and out about today, I just don't know what to think.

I couldn't agree more

Likely jet lag we never lost that bad and likely wont again. The stealers could not stop the run we need to pound alex colins and give joe some breathin space when he throws. runnin will do that. we are even steven after a blowout no one saw comin and its not all bad. the jags may be better than folks think to

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Likely jet lag we never lost that bad and likely wont again. The stealers could not stop the run we need to pound alex colins and give joe some breathin space when he throws. runnin will do that. we are even steven after a blowout no one saw comin and its not all bad. the jags may be better than folks think to
Agreed there aswell they are a lot better than the bears and if it wasn't for them losing week 2 they'd be one of the hottest teams in football all offseason they were hyped and talked about to be an up and coming team with

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I know this is being hopeful but did anybody just watch the team and feel like they weren't opening up like any new packages and being predictable on both sides of the ball? The defense didn't have those blitzes we were used to seeing except that one almost-sack that Weddle had. Offense didn't seem to have any urgency to make plays at all. Makes me wonder how many times teams lose because they do not want to open their playbook. I wonder if that is why the Steelers lost too.

Highly unlikely but trying to think positive. Luckily every team in that wildcard race lost yesterday so this wasn't a major blow for the Ravens.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know this is being hopeful but did anybody just watch the team and feel like they weren't opening up like any new packages and being predictable on both sides of the ball? The defense didn't have those blitzes we were used to seeing except that one almost-sack that Weddle had. Offense didn't seem to have any urgency to make plays at all. Makes me wonder how many times teams lose because they do not want to open their playbook. I wonder if that is why the Steelers lost too.

Highly unlikely but trying to think positive. Luckily every team in that wildcard race lost yesterday so this wasn't a major blow for the Ravens.
Lol, it's highly unlikely but one can only hope ^_^

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
We definitely looked lethargic and slow and didn’t react well so I definitely think jet lag, no Yanda or Williams, caused us to be really bad. Can’t cover up for mistakes without those two and everyone playing like they didn’t sleep and went into a time machine back to HS days

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
So I bought my wife a new shirt to wear to the game...

images

Question is, will she wear it.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
man the whole nfl went crazy yesterday - i dont think it's a weekend that will ever be forgotten in nfl history both politically and for the quality of games (for the mostpart) and for the sheer number of favourites who lost or nearly lost
Those who are against kneeling during the anthem you can thank your president for the increased protesting from yesterday onward.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh if it was gonna affect any team, it's gonna be the one who's going for the first time, not only that but we also handled it differently than any other team in London if I'm understanding it correctly.

If jet lag gets people going across the country, it's gonna be way worse crossing the Atlantic.

That was the point I was making in the other thread @JoeyFlex5.

I lived in Europe for 11 years and made that travel across the pond back to the States numerous of times in my tenure there. IF you don't know what needs to be done to make the proper adjustment (for your body) you're going to feel it. That's what happened to the Ravens. And it showed! The ENTIRE team looked and played like trash but a few players stunk it up as usual.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
Those who are against kneeling during the anthem you can thank your president for the increased protesting from yesterday onward.
Damn right. It's also good to know that the guy who started all this kneeling crap is still fighting the good fight and kneeling in front of his tv on Sundays.

Last edited:
Defense better play much better because they were the most disappointing unit on Sunday.. I can’t believe the defense played that bad because I expect so much more. I seriously hope it was jet lag.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Defense better play much better because they were the most disappointing unit on Sunday.. I can’t believe the defense played that bad because I expect so much more. I seriously hope it was jet lag.
Unfortunately it wasn't just the defense. I'm sure jet lag played into it but you can't blame it. You have to take responsibility for the loss as a team and move on.