• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Pittsburgh

Unfortunately it wasn't just the defense. I'm sure jet lag played into it but you can't blame it. You have to take responsibility for the loss as a team and move on.
It wasn't just them but there's no getting passed how bad they were and it really doesn't make sense to me how they can be that bad. Definitely jet lag played a role but no one is making that excuse on the Ravens. After the Browns game a lot of guys were upset because they felt like they didn't play a good game and there were plenty of coverage breakdowns there. Last season we had one of the top defenses in the league and a secondary that statistically was ranked in the top 5 with significantly less talent, it's truly upsetting what has been revealed as of now. Players need to start executing and I hope Weddle and Jefferson show what they're capable of because as of now they have been a little disappointing as a unit.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Unfortunately it wasn't just the defense. I'm sure jet lag played into it but you can't blame it. You have to take responsibility for the loss as a team and move on.

I still don't get why we waited until Thursday night to travel. The Saints for example are in London now.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
"Can" we?

Of course we "can." Think about it Mili. The Jags got it handed to them by the Titans a week prior to our game. Don't you think they were asking the very same thing?

Or how about the Jets who won handily to the Dolphins? Or the Saints (whose defense has been sorry for YEARS) held the Panthers to 13 points IN CAROLINA?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of course we "can." Think about it Mili. The Jags got it handed to them by the Titans a week prior to our game. Don't you think they were asking the very same thing?

Or how about the Jets who won handily to the Dolphins? Or the Saints (whose defense has been sorry for YEARS) held the Panthers to 13 points IN CAROLINA?

@Dom McRaven when I asked; "Can" we? The tone is more sarcastic than me really wanting to know the answer. In essence, I don't know "IF" we can or not and that is more based upon how the Ravens offense plays opposed to the opponent that they will face. The question comes from a place within me that has ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIDENCE in the Ravens offense whatsoever...NONE! Remove the last bad defensive performance and within 3 games the offense still looks trashy!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
@Dom McRaven when I asked; "Can" we? The tone is more sarcastic than me really wanting to know the answer. In essence, I don't know "IF" we can or not and that is more based upon how the Ravens offense plays opposed to the opponent that they will face. The question comes from a place within me that has ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIDENCE in the Ravens offense whatsoever...NONE! Remove the last bad defensive performance and within 3 games the offense still looks trashy!
I hear ya. It's been frustrating that our offense can't enjoy prosperity long-term. With Yanda's absence, I'm starting to worry "when" rather than "if" Flacco's back will start to getting aggravated again. Yeah I joke about a certain "word" with this offense, but honestly I'm close to waving the white flag on our offense getting it together. I'm not gonna have the same amount of patience I had last season.

Wow, doesn't seem like we're ever going to London again.

I don't blame them. This would've been my first road game I would've gone to if it wasn't for it being in London and scheduling conflicts with my job.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hear ya. It's been frustrating that our offense can't enjoy prosperity long-term. With Yanda's absence, I'm starting to worry "when" rather than "if" Flacco's back will start to getting aggravated again. Yeah I joke about a certain "word" with this offense, but honestly I'm close to waving the white flag on our offense getting it together. I'm not gonna have the same amount of patience I had last season.

That statement says it all @Dom McRaven .

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, my only hope is that Flacco, similar to 2012, has reached an all time low, and that he responds to this in the same fashion by catching fire.

But, this offense shouldn't surprise anyone that's paid attention to our FA and draft methodology, I see comments about Palmer. Name me a Ravens WR that will make the contested catches that Fitz made for him yesterday ? And who is 19 on Dallas? Saw him make a few contested catches as well.

There's no way to sugar coat it, I'm waiting for our offense, and namely Flacco and the WR core to have their damn pride game, this is pathetic and I'm like Mili, so damn sick of it.

And I'm glad the D got humbled, when Blake Bortles hangs 44 on you, you should probably just shut up and play ball for the rest of the season, they were pathetic too.

Go play real football against your arch rivals, you play like that and you'll lose 88-7 against those guys.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I'm not worried every week the Ravens have crapped the bed this bad they come back and respond positively and play well. Last time the Ravens played poorly in 2011 against the Jags with similar crap statistics, the Ravens responded by beating the Cardinals and the Steelers the following two weeks.

I think this game was an outlier.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not worried every week the Ravens have crapped the bed this bad they come back and respond positively and play well. Last time the Ravens played poorly in 2011 against the Jags with similar crap statistics, the Ravens responded by beating the Cardinals and the Steelers the following two weeks.

I think you're probably right, because when Blake Bortles puts up 44 you know something wasn't right

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

I hope you're right.

I'm not ready to judge the season based off of 3 games.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I think you're probably right, because when Blake Bortles puts up 44 you know something wasn't right
I can tell you right now if the Steelers win in any similar fashion as the Jags did last week, a lot of people are losing jobs.

That won't happen though. I'm fully expecting a close game to come down to the final drive like every Ravens-Steelers rivalry

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can tell you right now if the Steelers win in any similar fashion as the Jags did last week, a lot of people are losing jobs.

That won't happen though. I'm fully expecting a close game to come down to the final drive like every Ravens-Steelers rivalry

I'm with you on both fronts. And Dean Pees would hopefully be one, and MM the second