• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Pittsburgh

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm honestly very confident the defense will improve vastly and become a top 5 unit. Pees makes in-season adjustments very well and these players are talented.

As for Joe, I think that he's able to get the most out of his receivers, but I don't know if he has that ability to make them better. This OL hasn't been great by any stretch, Stanley has been a disappointment and the only guys who've turned in good games was Howard and Jensen. They've both been what has kept this OL unit stable at this point to go along with Yanda before his injury. I think Stanley needs to step up if we expect improvements.

He doesn't get a pass though, a little over 100 yards by your WRs? That's mostly on Joe and the OC. You need to find ways to get the ball in the receivers hands. Look at what the Green bay Packers and New England Patriots do. Geronimo Allison just entered the game vs Cincinnati after being inactive and put up 122 yards receiving, next game he was held catch-less. What Greenbay and New England manage to do is scheme their guys open and have their QB put the ball in their receivers hands, we can't seem to do either. Are we going to argue that Geronimo Allison is better than Mike Wallace or Jeremy Maclin? Also, this may be unfair to Joe, but sometimes your QB is going to have to buy more time. You're not going to have a clean pocket and will need to rely on your QB to make plays, it's why they get paid so much, they have to make something out of nothing more than anyone else on the field.

As far as the OL goes, hopefully this is the unit we finish the year with. Stanley should get better, him and Howard should have the edges sealed off and Jensen looks like he's going to be a rock in the middle of the OL. I honestly have no idea what the guards will do but I'm just hoping that Hurst continues his decent season and that who ever starts at RG doesn't screw anything up.

I still have to remind myself that this will be Flacco's 4th game of the season without any preseason, but at the same time, he's been in the league long enough not to make these mistakes. To your point about GB and NE, I envy that proably the most about them, but it helps that both teams got the best QBs in the game.

I'm at the point where I'm almost more hopeful we come out of each game without ANOTHER season-ending injury than winning the game. What is it now, 16 players on IR before our WEEK FOUR game? This is absolutely absurd.

I still have to remind myself that this will be Flacco's 4th game of the season without any preseason, but at the same time, he's been in the league long enough not to make these mistakes. To your point about GB and NE, I envy that proably the most about them, but it helps that both teams got the best QBs in the game.

I'm at the point where I'm almost more hopeful we come out of each game without ANOTHER season-ending injury than winning the game. What is it now, 16 players on IR before our WEEK FOUR game? This is absolutely absurd.
I think the injuries are absurd but this team needs to stop relying on players who are vulnerable to injuries. Urban, Woodhead, Perriman, Dixon, and Camp have documented issues with staying on the field. Yet we continue to rely on these guys in hopes that they will manage to stay healthy. We need to start drafting and relying on players who can stay on the field. You can't plan for injuries nor can you do anything about it, but when you can do is take and draft players who can stay on the field.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm just hoping we play them hard. They're getting TJ Watt and Tuitt back so Flacco's life is gonna be hard. Harder than it is now since the fans have all turned their backs on him. No Bwill = start Bell for fantasy. And Todd Haley is kind of an offensive guru that no one talks about so I expect them to score on the defense a lot. Here's to hoping that the other members of the front seven actually decide to play this week! And basically the whole defense too....

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm just hoping we play them hard. They're getting TJ Watt and Tuitt back so Flacco's life is gonna be hard. Harder than it is now since the fans have all turned their backs on him. No Bwill = start Bell for fantasy. And Todd Haley is kind of an offensive guru that no one talks about so I expect them to score on the defense a lot. Here's to hoping that the other members of the front seven actually decide to play this week! And basically the whole defense too....
And basically the rest of the team.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think the injuries are absurd but this team needs to stop relying on players who are vulnerable to injuries. Urban, Woodhead, Perriman, Dixon, and Camp have documented issues with staying on the field. Yet we continue to rely on these guys in hopes that they will manage to stay healthy. We need to start drafting and relying on players who can stay on the field. You can't plan for injuries nor can you do anything about it, but when you can do is take and draft players who can stay on the field.

I was never a fan of the Woodhead signing strictly because of his injury history. I agree with the rest. I definitely believe that the draft discussions on this board will be interesting to follow because I'm sure that this will be a topic that will be brought up again.

I was never a fan of the Woodhead signing strictly because of his injury history. I agree with the rest. I definitely believe that the draft discussions on this board will be interesting to follow because I'm sure that this will be a topic that will be brought up again.
Yeah, anyone with an extensive injury history should be avoided until at least the late rounds. Players who have issues with staying on the field in college will likely have those issues going into the NFL.