• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chiefs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's a shame there's no fans given this is the first time we get to have Patrick Mahomes in our building.

Massive game early in the year. Both teams have looked like the class of the AFC so far even with some "preseason" type moments.

I'm excited for this one in primetime.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm guessing it's terrell bonds elevated to the 53 to replace Tavon this week... not sure where else...

the only other corner on the practice squad is khalil dorsey - not sure he'll be ready

not sure where we could go outside of the PS to find any help

we're down to 8 DBs and only 4 CBs and that's even with Jimmy Smith playing that hybrid DB role

Simba

Staff Member
I'm guessing it's terrell bonds elevated to the 53 to replace Tavon this week... not sure where else...

the only other corner on the practice squad is khalil dorsey - not sure he'll be ready

not sure where we could go outside of the PS to find any help

we're down to 8 DBs and only 4 CBs and that's even with Jimmy Smith playing that hybrid DB role

Guessing Richards sticks on the 53 at this point and then start using up Bonds' 2 elevations before they have to make a permanent move there. Kind of have to add a S as well since Jimmy will likely have to be focused more on CB.

Simba

Staff Member
im assuming that means geno stone will be activated for extra cover at S and maybe nigel warrior gets a look-in... idk

Yeah it could go a number of ways, but you have to assume Richards, Bonds, and maybe Warrior start to use some combo of the elevations and an actual promotion to the 53.

I did check practice squads across the league and not much out there that's intriguing. I like Bonds though so hopefully that's the direction they go. Missing on some of the slot CBs in the draft comes back to haunt me now. A lot I liked on day 3.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah it could go a number of ways, but you have to assume Richards, Bonds, and maybe Warrior start to use some combo of the elevations and an actual promotion to the 53.

I did check practice squads across the league and not much out there that's intriguing. I like Bonds though so hopefully that's the direction they go. Missing on some of the slot CBs in the draft comes back to haunt me now. A lot I liked on day 3.

that run in the 4th round on slot corners this year was brutal:

Darnay Holmes
Josiah Scott
Amik Robertson
Troy Pride

all guys i would have loved to have here - especially amik robertson who was like a tavon young clone on tape

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Ahh yes, battle of the biggest Lamar fanbases: Ravens fans vs. Chiefs fans.

Given Averett's presence, I'm scared shitless. Our pass-rush needs to finish this time around. Our interior o-line.....man.....I dunno what to say.

On another note, it absolutely, positively sucks that we can't play without the fans. But we better wear our black jerseys this time around. There's seriously no reason why not.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's a shame there's no fans given this is the first time we get to have Patrick Mahomes in our building.

Massive game early in the year. Both teams have looked like the class of the AFC so far even with some "preseason" type moments.

I'm excited for this one in primetime.

This was the game I was planning on coming up to Baltimore for until the pandemic happened. I wanted to see this game in person but oh well, it is what it is. This is going to likely determine who gets the BYE in the AFC this year, I feel the winner of this game gets the 1 seed and the loser will have to play the seventh seed.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This was the game I was planning on coming up to Baltimore for until the pandemic happened. I wanted to see this game in person but oh well, it is what it is. This is going to likely determine who gets the BYE in the AFC this year, I feel the winner of this game gets the 1 seed and the loser will have to play the seventh seed.
I agree. I would have wanted to make this game and then the following week, I wanted to go to Fedex Field to see the Ravens demolish them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
that run in the 4th round on slot corners this year was brutal:

Darnay Holmes
Josiah Scott
Amik Robertson
Troy Pride

all guys i would have loved to have here - especially amik robertson who was like a tavon young clone on tape
Man I wanted Holmes and robertson so bad for this exact reason. This sucks, a well rounded elite nickel is such a difference maker, did you see mike Hilton for the Steelers The last 2 weeks?

LSURavenFan

Veteran
I think it's rather clear that the Ravens and Chiefs are the best in the AFC. The outcome of this game will go a long way in deciding the #1 seed.

The Chiefs can be beat. The Chargers win today's game if they cap off the 10min drive with a TD. Can't settle for field goals against Mahomes.

I think it will be a very close game and it will come down to whichever team wins the turnover battle.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Worried about our OL, straight up, I’m worried about Lamar’s well being and his ability to actually pass. Last year he had plenty of time in the pocket, this year the pocket just fucking melts instantly. Unless it improves throughout the year I just don’t see how we can win a super bowl, of all the things you can’t be very bad at, were bad at, pass rush and pass protection, those are so damn crucial and we have none of either

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anyone think we may have been holding back the playbook? I can’t fathom why we wouldn’t give carries to dobbins. Also, dobbins was ELECTRIC on that one carry, holy shit his explosiveness is off the charts, I really think harbs is holding his hand with dobbins and saving a big chunk of the playbook involving him for next week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Worried about our OL, straight up, I’m worried about Lamar’s well being and his ability to actually pass. Last year he had plenty of time in the pocket, this year the pocket just fucking melts instantly. Unless it improves throughout the year I just don’t see how we can win a super bowl, of all the things you can’t be very bad at, were bad at, pass rush and pass protection, those are so damn crucial and we have none of either

pass rush was good yesterday tbf - defensive trench looked much better all around than in week 1

the OL is a worry - still got to hope they improve