• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chiefs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Anyone think we may have been holding back the playbook? I can’t fathom why we wouldn’t give carries to dobbins. Also, dobbins was ELECTRIC on that one carry, holy shit his explosiveness is off the charts, I really think harbs is holding his hand with dobbins and saving a big chunk of the playbook involving him for next week.

the long run was great but i was even more impressed by the 3rd down conversion he had in the passing game managing to break the tackle and keep his balance to move the chains

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The OL better get its shit together for this game because I do not want to see Chris Jones run rampant in the backfield. If we can get some better OL play then I think we can pull this one out.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
As aggressive as the Texans pass rush was ,I dont see why we didn't throw more quick slant passes over the middle to our fastest receivers.

Overall ,I dont think our offensive play calling was very good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As aggressive as the Texans pass rush was ,I dont see why we didn't throw more quick slant passes over the middle to our fastest receivers.

Overall ,I dont think our offensive play calling was very good.

i think on some of those overload blitzes lamar just wanted a fraction too much time - when there's a free rusher on an overload like that you have to get the ball out quick

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not worried per se but has anyone else noticed that Lamar's been struggling to outrun defenders to the corner as easily as he has the last 2 years

he's still super dynamic and his change of direction still looks as sharp but idk why he keeps seeming to lose the edge on plays where he wouldnt last year

maybe without preseason and the time off with football i overestimated how fast he is and forgot that he's going against professional athletes

please correct me if im wrong though

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not worried per se but has anyone else noticed that Lamar's been struggling to outrun defenders to the corner as easily as he has the last 2 years

he's still super dynamic and his change of direction still looks as sharp but idk why he keeps seeming to lose the edge on plays where he wouldnt last year

maybe without preseason and the time off with football i overestimated how fast he is and forgot that he's going against professional athletes

I have noticed this as well. Don't know whether his weight and muscle mass is up but he definitely doesn't seem as quick as last year.

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I really don't agree with this

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the long run was great but i was even more impressed by the 3rd down conversion he had in the passing game managing to break the tackle and keep his balance to move the chains
Ohhh I forgot about that one but yeah that was impressive too, further proving that the narrative on dobbins being a slow and steady type was wrong as fuck, he’s gonna be spectacular, when he hit the gas on that stretch man he started flying

rossihunter2

Staff Member
if we are looking to find a replacement corner for tavon in the trade market... desmond king of the chargers is really unhappy about how little he's playing right now (and it's weird that he's not playing much at all given how good he was last year and derwin james is lost for the year too)

just a thought - he's the only obvious trade option i can think of who wouldn't be prohibitively expensive in terms of picks

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m a little concerned about how it seems like wink has to make adjustments before we really see the potency of his scheme, the defense seems to be just off for the first 20-25 minutes or so and then they really clamp down later. When mahomes and KC get going early man they get hot and I don’t wanna see them put up 21 in the second quarter in the blink of an eye and have us playing catch up and having to defend the run and the screen the whole second half

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
if we are looking to find a replacement corner for tavon in the trade market... desmond king of the chargers is really unhappy about how little he's playing right now (and it's weird that he's not playing much at all given how good he was last year and derwin james is lost for the year too)

just a thought - he's the only obvious trade option i can think of who wouldn't be prohibitively expensive in terms of picks
I'd prefer to trade for an OL or pass rusher.

I really want us to win this game, but I don't know how. The games I saw in which Mahomes struggled the most, were when defenses had been able to generate pressure with 4 rushers.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'll take him !!!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m a little concerned about how it seems like wink has to make adjustments before we really see the potency of his scheme, the defense seems to be just off for the first 20-25 minutes or so and then they really clamp down later. When mahomes and KC get going early man they get hot and I don’t wanna see them put up 21 in the second quarter in the blink of an eye and have us playing catch up and having to defend the run and the screen the whole second half

i think he adjusted pretty quickly today - it normally takes a couple of drives to see what the offence is trying to take advantage of that they've seen on film and if they are succeeding then you need to adjust so it will take time - you're always going to have to adjust to what the offence is showing you

im just enjoying the fact that we've got an OC and DC who can and do adjust effectively - remember the old Dean Pees days where nothing changed and we'd get pulled apart in the 2nd half of games by the same things that pulled us apart in the 1st half

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd prefer to trade for an OL or pass rusher.

I really want us to win this game, but I don't know how. The games I saw in which Mahomes struggled the most, were when defenses had been able to generate pressure with 4 rushers.

i get the desire for the pass rusher or the OL but they're not going to be available on the market at all if they have any value but we build our defence back to front to allow us to be creative - if there's a liability on the backend there that cant be fixed without scheming help then we lose that ability to be deceptive and creative and aggressive which is what this defence has hung its hat on since Wink took over as DC

to me the only position that's going to be worth adding is a corner unless someone of surprising quality becomes available

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i get the desire for the pass rusher or the OL but they're not going to be available on the market at all if they have any value but we build our defence back to front to allow us to be creative - if there's a liability on the backend there that cant be fixed without scheming help then we lose that ability to be deceptive and creative and aggressive which is what this defence has hung its hat on since Wink took over as DC

to me the only position that's going to be worth adding is a corner unless someone of surprising quality becomes available
Agree. However to me it doesn't make sense to massively overload one position group and neglect others. Obviously Wink has mastered how to scheme pass rush, but we weren't able to do much yesterday even though it was the Texans' questionable OL.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agree. However to me it doesn't make sense to massively overload one position group and neglect others. Obviously Wink has mastered how to scheme pass rush, but we weren't able to do much yesterday even though it was the Texans' questionable OL.

i think that's a misnomer - we absolutely pummelled watson yesterday with constant pressure and qb hits especially in the 2nd half - just because we didnt get the sacks doesnt mean the pass rush wasnt creating pressure and forcing errant throws

partly having more DBs on the field allows us to get pressure quicker too anyway

im pretty sure judon had 4 pressures in the first half alone

4 sacks and 13 QB hits is a pretty solid days work. Only really concerned with pass protection. Need to run more early.