• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chiefs

Simba

Staff Member
Maybe Bonds and Dorsey are both getting the call tonight? Both of their trainers breaking news lol

Simba

Staff Member
Tavon still hasnt been moved to i/r yet so we cant have dorsey, bonds and richards all active tonight unless we make that young move for one of them

I wonder if Richards even gets the call at all if Chris Moore is back and ready to go. In a way, we kind of only have 3 CBs since they seem to really want to use Jimmy in that S hybrid role. Could be that one of the CBs gets the 53 spot when Young does officially go on IR, and the other gets the PS callup while Richards is just kind of stuck waiting. Or maybe Richards does get elevated one more time if Moore isn't ready.

It's weird - losing Tavon sucks but if everyone is available AND you have these 2 PS callups, that inactive list is tough to predict.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wonder if Richards even gets the call at all if Chris Moore is back and ready to go. In a way, we kind of only have 3 CBs since they seem to really want to use Jimmy in that S hybrid role. Could be that one of the CBs gets the 53 spot when Young does officially go on IR, and the other gets the PS callup while Richards is just kind of stuck waiting. Or maybe Richards does get elevated one more time if Moore isn't ready.

It's weird - losing Tavon sucks but if everyone is available AND you have these 2 PS callups, that inactive list is tough to predict.

yeah really tough - my guess is alaka would be the first guy to go on inactives (through 2 weeks im pretty sure he's had the lowest percentage of play on special teams of anyone who hasnt taken a snap on another unit)

mcsorely, justice hill, alaka, geno stone, bredeson, one of washington/madubuike (depending on if madubuike's ready to go)

that's if tavon goes to i/r and we elevate one extra - not sure who the extra inactive would be if we activate all 3 of dorsey, bonds and richards

Simba

Staff Member
yeah really tough - my guess is alaka would be the first guy to go on inactives (through 2 weeks im pretty sure he's had the lowest percentage of play on special teams of anyone who hasnt taken a snap on another unit)

mcsorely, justice hill, alaka, geno stone, bredeson, one of washington/madubuike (depending on if madubuike's ready to go)

that's if tavon goes to i/r and we elevate one extra - not sure who the extra inactive would be if we activate all 3 of dorsey, bonds and richards

I like Alaka a lot but you've got to think his name is first on the chopping block if a 53 man spot is needed. No defensive snaps. As you mentioned, lowest amount of ST snaps for a "pure STer" type. And I feel like most of those snaps are on kickoff coverage where he runs down the field as the ball travels out of the back of the end zone.

Honestly, wouldn't shock me at all if he could be a 53 man move as soon as today, along with Tavon to get both Richards and one of the CBs on the 53.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And I feel like most of those snaps are on kickoff coverage where he runs down the field as the ball travels out of the back of the end zone.

this is correct - it's mostly kickoffs he's on the field for and he's not playing in an irreplaceable spot nor is his level of play on special teams valuable enough that he makes himself non-deactivatable

i dont know that we'd release off the 53 if there's no need to right now he's clearly someone the ravens liked enough to put on the initial 53 especially given almost every pundit and analyst projected him off the 53 (mostly for richards or warrior)

Simba

Staff Member
@Simba

well there we go - got to find one more inactive then for tonight - not sure who it would be unless moore isnt ready to go yet

Stacking up heavy in the secondary, but like I said, it's almost 5 CBs and 5 Ss since they didn't seem to want Jimmy playing CB much last week.

McSorley, Hill, Moore, Bredeson, Madubuike/Washington, Alaka, Stone

Can't imagine Moore is active with them bringing 2 guys up, both of which I expect to play on ST as well. I think they want Hill to play too but the numbers aren't there this week.

I am surprised they're burning a call up on both in one week though. Alaka and Stone should probably be a little worried if a 53 man spot is needed in the near future.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Stacking up heavy in the secondary, but like I said, it's almost 5 CBs and 5 Ss since they didn't seem to want Jimmy playing CB much last week.

McSorley, Hill, Moore, Bredeson, Madubuike/Washington, Alaka, Stone

Can't imagine Moore is active with them bringing 2 guys up, both of which I expect to play on ST as well. I think they want Hill to play too but the numbers aren't there this week.

I am surprised they're burning a call up on both in one week though. Alaka and Stone should probably be a little worried if a 53 man spot is needed in the near future.

i think geno should be more worried than alaka just because alaka has been active so far

Simba

Staff Member
i think geno should be more worried than alaka just because alaka has been active so far

Absolutely. Kind of crazy that a guy that seems like a quintessential Ravens STer is not. Hard to hold onto a roster spot as a bubble 7th rounder that they don't trust on ST.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Absolutely. Kind of crazy that a guy that seems like a quintessential Ravens STer is not. Hard to hold onto a roster spot as a bubble 7th rounder that they don't trust on ST.

that's his route onto the roster and he's got the evidence from both chuck and deshon to see that it's worthwhile taking that ST role seriously and throwing yourself into it - chuck clark played special teams as a rookie and by the end of his rookie year was stealing dime snaps from anthony levine and was forcing his way onto the field despite the ravens having 2 well paid safeties on the roster in eric weddle and tony jefferson

Simba

Staff Member
Props to Bonds and Dorsey for making it, but damn, can you imagine your first NFL game being against Mahomes? That's not how I want my introduction lol. Obviously things have gone terribly wrong if they play significant snaps at CB, but still...

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Today hasn't been that great, so I need the game to go well or my whole week is ruined. My mood for the week is very much dependent on this game.