• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 4 Discussion (Other Teams)

Carl Lawson had 10 quarterback pressures against the Packers >.>
I wanted Lawson here but one thing I've noticed about our team is that we constantly rely on players who cannot stay healthy, Lawson is a great talent but it's a risk I honestly think we are justified in avoiding.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I wanted Lawson here but one thing I've noticed about our team is that we constantly rely on players who cannot stay healthy, Lawson is a great talent but it's a risk I honestly think we are justified in avoiding.
So, you're saying that he was not worth the risk as a mid round pick? For me, that's the exact time you take an absurdly talented injury risk.

So, you're saying that he was not worth the risk as a mid round pick? For me, that's the exact time you take an absurdly talented injury risk.
I could be wrong but the way I look at it he's good and all until he gets hurt. I'd rather use that pick on someone with potential and can stay healthy, even better scenario, there's someone who can even play immediately and they always slip for unknown reasons. I honestly think that it's better to have a good player who can stay healthy than a great one who cannot. If this team wants to cut down on injuries, then I think they should use their picks on players who can stay on the field above all else.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I could be wrong but the way I look at it he's good and all until he gets hurt. I'd rather use that pick on someone with potential and can stay healthy, even better scenario, there's someone who can even play immediately and they always slip for unknown reasons. I honestly think that it's better to have a good player who can stay healthy than a great one who cannot. If this team wants to cut down on injuries, then I think they should use their picks on players who can stay on the field above all else.
I was personally all for taking Lawson in the second, so for me, taking him in the fourth would have been a dream come true. I just view it as well worth the risk with that potential to wreck a game.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Man, just rewatched that hit and I fail to understand how Trevathan stayed in the game after that. That entire crew, together with Trevathan, should be suspended a long time.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
so far as a pass rusher, lawson has looked better than both by quite some distance.
He had lot more opportunities, too - Bowser and Timmy only got 8 snaps each last game. That's beside the point, though - what I'm asking is whether he'd use that pick on Lawson even though two picks were already spent on edge guys?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
He had lot more opportunities, too - Bowser and Timmy only got 8 snaps each last game. That's beside the point, though - what I'm asking is whether he'd use that pick on Lawson even though two picks were already spent on edge guys?

would have picked him over wormley

bowser has serious long term potential..he just needs to react a bit more naturally.he doesn't react to plays that well but gets away with it sometimes...he gets by as a freak athlete...

K-Dog

MVP
Just watched it.

Pretty damn scary.

Glad they didn't allow the turnover as well.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Trevathan suspended two games for hit on Adams.
There really should be some sanction for the refs who missed to eject Trevathan from the game after such a blatant and dangerous foul play.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think if we hadnt taken both bowser and williams in round 3 then we may well have traded up for lawson
- i genuinely think in terms of pure pass rush (taking out off field concerns) tim williams and carl lawson were both top 25 players in this draft

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Anyone watching the NO/MIA game? Lol, pretty quiet in here unless nobody knew there was another game in London.