• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Kansas City Chiefs @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guess you weren't watching the Ravens in 2017 when they got dismantled in London 44-7 against the Jaguars.... the Jaguars from Jacksonville.

Shoot the playoff game probably felt worse than this.
The Titans game was 10x worse than this. We got beat by an exceptionally good team tonight.
Tennessee wasn't nearly as good as us. We just played so poorly across the board and made so many boneheaded mistakes in that game.
We made some mistakes in this game, but talent had a lot more impact in this game.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Ravens are 0-3 against the Mahomes led Chiefs. They can't beat this team!
It’s partially due to the coordinators. Wink blitzes too much and you can’t beat Mahomes that way. Roman just wants to throw the ball all the time for some strange reason. Lamar seems to get super tight and doesn’t play well at all. Then you have our OL doing garbage work and receivers dropping tons of balls

I'm not even remotely concerned about our position in the standings after week 3. We still play Pittsburgh twice. Those games will have as much to do with our position as anything.

And quite frankly, in 2020, is homefield advantage really that important? I'm not seeing much difference between like a 12-4 division winner and a 10-11 win wildcard team.

The only "disappointing" aspect would be not making the playoffs at all.
You make a good point. It's still early days, but they'll still be trailing when they meet Pitt, I bet.

Another good point. It didn't matter all last year for Baltimore...or right now for that matter.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pathetic showing tonight! Pure trash! Only week 3 but week 3 trash!

It’s partially due to the coordinators. Wink blitzes too much and you can’t beat Mahomes that way. Roman just wants to throw the ball all the time for some strange reason. Lamar seems to get super tight and doesn’t play well at all. Then you have our OL doing garbage work and receivers dropping tons of balls
You remind me that I've always had a low estimation of Harbs coordinator choices. Not a Harbs hater, btw but choices like keeping Cameron forever and Greg Mattison give me pause.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Making an observation: seems like whenever ALL the analysts start picking the Ravens to win games.....they crumble like wet bread! I know the analysts and, we fans don't play the game. I said it's just an observation!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Titans game was 10x worse than this. We got beat by an exceptionally good team tonight.
Tennessee wasn't nearly as good as us. We just played so poorly across the board and made so many boneheaded mistakes in that game.
We made some mistakes in this game, but talent had a lot more impact in this game.

I think the only similarity between this and the Titans game is that the other team was better prepared - we got out-coached and out-executed in both games but against the chiefs that more expected than the titans

Making an observation: seems like whenever ALL the analysts start picking the Ravens to win games.....they crumble like wet bread! I know the analysts and, we fans don't play the game. I said it's just an observation!
Nah, everyone picked Baltimore for the first two weeks and it didn't slow them down. Also by the time they won 8 or 9 games in a row, everyone started picking them last year and they just kept on winning until the post-season.
I believe that the Ravens honestly did play better when no one believed in them a few years ago, but I think this is a different era. That was just a bad game tonight.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nah, everyone picked Baltimore for the first two weeks and it didn't slow them down. Also by the time they won 8 or 9 games in a row, everyone started picking them last year and they just kept on winning until the post-season.
I believe that the Ravens honestly did play better when no one believed in them a few years ago, but I think this is a different era. That was just a bad game tonight.

Naw bruh! I'm talking about BIG games like vs the Chiefs! Not the Clowns or the Texans. All the analysts pick the Ravens to win tonight's matchup against the Chiefs in primetime and......

Last edited:

LSURavenFan

Veteran
The Ravens are a good team and with that comes the fact that they will have the lead a lot.

However, they really need to learn to play from behind. I'm probably wrong, but it felt to me like they completely tensed up when the Chiefs made it 6-3. I just think they get completely out of sorts when they trail, their last 4 losses (KCx2, CLE, TEN) have all been ugly for large stretches and seen the Ravens completely abandon their identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.