• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Andy Reid, The Coaching and The Everything Else

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We got absolutely whooped on national TV on both defence and offence.

Lamar looked out of sorts and even angry at times.
The passing game as a whole was awful - drops, missed passes, missed chances - not enough separation against not a great secondary either. The Chiefs clearly disrespected us in their defensive meetings all week because they did not feel threatened by us at all.

We were completely outcoached by Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy AGAIN. They knew exactly what we would do all game and game-planned around it perfectly - their only turnover came on a fumble downfield after they got the 1st down. Their pre-snap and post-snap motion and design was awesome and it took advantage of our young linebackers.

They did the worst thing they could do to us - they made every single one of our players look like individuals and not part of a unit.

The only positives are this:

1) Tucker is still the GOAT
2) Special Teams as a whole is vastly improved on last year and Duvernay showed off that electric speed (again though he was in the gameplan early and then disappeared from that gameplan after the first couple of drives so I don't really know what's going on there)
3) It's only week 3 and it's the regular season - there's a lot of stuff to learn and if we had any delusions that we were just going to coast through the regular season back to the 1 seed then that's gone. Lots of things to work on.

I hate weeks after we lose. I hate them even more when there's nothing positive to hang your hat on. It feels embarrassing to be a fan when you get schooled like that.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I wish we had coaching like Andy Reid. It'd be fun to watch the Chiefs if they weren't in the AFC.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
All I have to say is what was that? I know a lot of people are going to say Lamar looked terrible, but I just have to say one thing. Why is it every time we play a big game, number 1 the OLine stops protecting and 2 why do we drop passes?

Like wtf is Lamar supposed to do when both Andrews and Hollywood drop passes and he's being harrased by the pass rush? I'll say what I say after all these loses whether controversial or not, Lamar looks like he's the only one trying out there during big games. He wasn't without his mistakes but like come on to the rest of the team.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm just going to post what I said on Twitter....

The #Ravens played scared early on, abandoned the run early and never recovered. By the time they ran the ball again, it was too late. It's like Harbaugh and the coaching staff gets stage fright in big games and panic.

We start off well, run game works the way it ALWAYS DOES. Then for some reason we try to make Lamar the hero and abandon the run. Seattle wanted Wilson to be the Super Bowl hero despite having Lynch and they lost.

We tried the same thing with Lamar against the Titans in the playoffs and again tonight against the Chiefs. Why does our coaching staff overthink big games? Now we have to go to KC for the AFC Championship game.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Without Yanda , we have a big offensive line problem , particularly in pass protection though even in the running game the holes are not nearly as big as last year .
It’s time to bench Ingram and start Dobbins
The dropped passes were off the charts .
We still have no pass rush even when blitzing
Harbs and Co were so completely out coached that they should return their salaries to the Ravens front office for this game .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
All I have to say is what was that? I know a lot of people are going to say Lamar looked terrible, but I just have to say one thing. Why is it every time we play a big game, number 1 the OLine stops protecting and 2 why do we drop passes?

Like wtf is Lamar supposed to do when both Andrews and Hollywood drop passes and he's being harrased by the pass rush? I'll say what I say after all these loses whether controversial or not, Lamar looks like he's the only one trying out there during big games. He wasn't without his mistakes but like come on to the rest of the team.

normally id agree but OL wasnt really a problem until late in the 4th quarter when the chiefs started teeing off with those blitz packages

receivers didnt do him any favours but Lamar played like trash today - missed too many throws, missed some lay-ups and missed some harder ones that he should have hit like the 2 bombs to hollywood when he'd got wide open

when things like this happen it's rarely 1 person's fault - im not really sure any ravens player can hold their head up and say they played well today outside of the special teams unit

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This one stings but one thing I know for certain is that we cant go away from the run and start cold like we did. That killed us last year vs the titans and again tonight. It was the same recipe for our demise except this time it was Mahomes who took advantage instead of Henry

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So Judon is absolute trash. He’s not even worth half of his tag and I don’t know how anyone could defend him anymore. My mind was already made up when Hooper stood him up week one and tonight just solidified it. What good is a pressure when the QB steps out of it and hits a pass. Judon literally whiffs every time he gets his hand on someone. Might as well trade him and recoup 17 million because Bowser couldn’t do any worse.

I’m not sure if Lamar is trying to force it on go routes to Hollywood or if his sideline throwing on streaks is just atrocious. I’m genuinely starting to miss the vertical threat that Flacco offered with his big arm. Sick of this horizontal shit for 1 yard or a loss. Lamar had under 100 yards throwing tonight. That’s unacceptable. I want to see more under Center stuff. Good defenses are catching on to this Pistol.

I will never give Mahomes praise. Take away Hill, Kelce, and his 4.2/4.3 guys and he ain’t shit. At least Brady in his prime turned Walmart employees into elite receivers. Matt Moore and Alex Smith thrived in that system.

We’ll be one and done in the playoffs yet again if we don’t get our shit together. We need another weapon on offense AND A PASS RUSH. Before you know it, this Super Bowl window will close and we’ll have to pay Lamar some Watson money and there goes our chance.

/meltdown

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Here are my thoughts on the game
1. I am really getting sick of Andrews dropping passes in big games.
2. Mark Ingram needs to stop being the lead back, he has clearly lost a step and its hurting our run game
3. We need a big time receiver like AB that we can go to early in big games to help Lamar settle down and get into a rhythm
4. Our Oline needs to get better, the amount of pressure Lamar has been under this season isn't sustainable
5. Why the fuck were we playing such soft coverages, we let mahomes tear us apart with short shit
6. We need someone who can get after the QB without us needing to blitz constantly

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We start off well, run game works the way it ALWAYS DOES. Then for some reason we try to make Lamar the hero and abandon the run. Seattle wanted Wilson to be the Super Bowl hero despite having Lynch and they lost.

they seem to abandon too quickly and then realise their mistake too late

as soon as boyle got called for tripping we stopped running the football basically until like the 2nd half despite the fact we were going at like 10 ypc in the running game at that point vs less than 1 ypp in the passing game

but i think there are some other ramifications in the running game - ingram looks like the least effective back of the active 3 and Hill offers something different and he's sat there on the inactives right now

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
he and Bieniemy are just so creative and imagining what they would be able to do with Lamar Jackson makes me sick to my stomach that it cant and wont happen
This is just a thought as a casual, non-Ravens related football fan, but I really get the feeling that Lamar's the one who's lighting the defense up and Pat is looking like a fool if they were on opposite teams. Andy and Lamar might be unstoppable.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Judon is absolute trash. He’s not even worth half of his tag and I don’t know how anyone could defend him anymore. My mind was already made up when Hooper stood him up week one and tonight just solidified it. What good is a pressure when the QB steps out of it and hits a pass. Judon literally whiffs every time he gets his hand on someone. Might as well trade him and recoup 17 million because Bowser couldn’t do any worse.

I’m not sure if Lamar is trying to force it on go routes to Hollywood or if his sideline throwing on streaks is just atrocious. I’m genuinely starting to miss the vertical threat that Flacco offered with his big arm. Sick of this horizontal shit for 1 yard or a loss. Lamar had under 100 yards throwing tonight. That’s unacceptable. I want to see more under Center stuff. Good defenses are catching on to this Pistol.

I will never give Mahomes praise. Take away Hill, Kelce, and his 4.2/4.3 guys and he ain’t shit. At least Brady in his prime turned Walmart employees into elite receivers. Matt Moore and Alex Smith thrived in that system.

We’ll be one and done in the playoffs yet again if we don’t get our shit together. We need another weapon on offense AND A PASS RUSH. Before you know it, this Super Bowl window will close and we’ll have to pay Lamar some Watson money and there goes our chance.

/meltdown
Did Judon play tonight ?