• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Andy Reid, The Coaching and The Everything Else

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So Judon is absolute trash. He’s not even worth half of his tag and I don’t know how anyone could defend him anymore. My mind was already made up when Hooper stood him up week one and tonight just solidified it. What good is a pressure when the QB steps out of it and hits a pass. Judon literally whiffs every time he gets his hand on someone. Might as well trade him and recoup 17 million because Bowser couldn’t do any worse.

I’m not sure if Lamar is trying to force it on go routes to Hollywood or if his sideline throwing on streaks is just atrocious. I’m genuinely starting to miss the vertical threat that Flacco offered with his big arm. Sick of this horizontal shit for 1 yard or a loss. Lamar had under 100 yards throwing tonight. That’s unacceptable. I want to see more under Center stuff. Good defenses are catching on to this Pistol.

I will never give Mahomes praise. Take away Hill, Kelce, and his 4.2/4.3 guys and he ain’t shit. At least Brady in his prime turned Walmart employees into elite receivers. Matt Moore and Alex Smith thrived in that system.

We’ll be one and done in the playoffs yet again if we don’t get our shit together. We need another weapon on offense AND A PASS RUSH. Before you know it, this Super Bowl window will close and we’ll have to pay Lamar some Watson money and there goes our chance.

/meltdown

a couple of things:

1) i basically agree with you on judon - he's here to rush the passer and through 3 weeks has tons of "pressures" but zero sacks and the only hit he got on mahomes today outside of when he jumped (i still think he was onside when the ball was snapped) was a cheap shot with his elbow when he was being hit by someone else already - he's made too many mistakes to be paid 17m and i do kinda wish at this point we'd given that money to clowney because at least he's dominant in the running game (while also being a pass rusher) - dont get me wrong i love the versatility that judon offers but if he's hanging his hat on his play in coverage at this point then he's worth way less than tyus bowser at this point

2) lamar just missed on those 2 bombs to hollywood today but dont let your memories taint you - for as big as joe's arm was he really wasnt that good of a deep ball thrower

3) Mahomes clearly benefits from the system he plays in - but he's exceptional in 2 particular assets - 1) he's great at running those deception plays and he's really quick on his 1st read and 2) when that 1st read is gone he's so good at making time for his receivers to get open downfield - he knows he has amazing weapons so he makes sure to buy time for them to get open and run under a pass - it would for sure be interesting to see him try and succeed without calibre and depth of weapons he has - sammy watkins as the 3rd/4th receiving option on the team is outrageous - demarcus robinson as the 6th option is even more ridiculous

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Here are my thoughts on the game
1. I am really getting sick of Andrews dropping passes in big games.
2. Mark Ingram needs to stop being the lead back, he has clearly lost a step and its hurting our run game
3. We need a big time receiver like AB that we can go to early in big games to help Lamar settle down and get into a rhythm
4. Our Oline needs to get better, the amount of pressure Lamar has been under this season isn't sustainable
5. Why the fuck were we playing such soft coverages, we let mahomes tear us apart with short shit
6. We need someone who can get after the QB without us needing to blitz constantly

i mostly agree with all of that - but point 3 is a big one - his go to target is andrews but hollywood's not a possession receiver and boykin hasnt stepped up to take that role

this is where that rumoured move for DHop would have been huge for Lamar - a dynamic receiver who can reliably catch 8 for 100+ yards every game

we value speed and explosion a lot in receivers (and you can see why that's so useful by just looking at the chiefs offence) but we do need to be able to stay in rhythm in the passing game and snead is not it unfortunately

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
The TD on the kick return and the red zone fumble made it look closer than it was. Jackson was awful. Still think he is the organization's Achilles Heel.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Aaaaaaaaand the Lamar memes are back with a vengeance. God I don’t know why I torture myself with reading comments from fat ass couch-QBs on toxic ass social media

So Judon is absolute trash. He’s not even worth half of his tag and I don’t know how anyone could defend him anymore. My mind was already made up when Hooper stood him up week one and tonight just solidified it. What good is a pressure when the QB steps out of it and hits a pass. Judon literally whiffs every time he gets his hand on someone. Might as well trade him and recoup 17 million because Bowser couldn’t do any worse.
I cannot defend him anymore. He's not even streaky anymore because that would suggest he's sometimes good.

I’m not sure if Lamar is trying to force it on go routes to Hollywood or if his sideline throwing on streaks is just atrocious. I’m genuinely starting to miss the vertical threat that Flacco offered with his big arm. Sick of this horizontal shit for 1 yard or a loss. Lamar had under 100 yards throwing tonight. That’s unacceptable. I want to see more under Center stuff. Good defenses are catching on to this Pistol.
I was a Flacco apologist before it was cool to defend Joe Cool. People forget how good it was in Baltmore when Flacco was helping them win playoff games year in and year out and that deep ball of his... remember the Mile High Miracle?

Those days are over, of course, but Ravens fans should show more respect than I've been seeing. Yourself, certainly excluded.

Less than 100 yards, are you kidding me? That's as disgusting as Andrews's drop.
Those plays behind the yard of scrimmage had me wanting to scream, but I don't think Lamar calls the plays.

I will never give Mahomes praise. Take away Hill, Kelce, and his 4.2/4.3 guys and he ain’t shit. At least Brady in his prime turned Walmart employees into elite receivers. Matt Moore and Alex Smith thrived in that system.
I have never heard anyone express thoughts like that about Mahomes. I don't entirely agree, but I admire your argument.
That olineman and the fullback who caught td's weren't 4.2 guys though and Mahomes is pretty good on the ground too.

We’ll be one and done in the playoffs yet again if we don’t get our shit together. We need another weapon on offense AND A PASS RUSH. Before you know it, this Super Bowl window will close and we’ll have to pay Lamar some Watson money and there goes our chance.

/meltdown
Well said. Trading Hurst never really felt to me like a luxury that Baltimore's passing game could afford, but I digress. They might have a couple of hidden weapons in the ground game. For some reason they abandon that though.
Watson money.... tough call there. I mean with Joe you had no choice, but given that experience will they make a different choice? Too soon to tell, but I feel like it's a possibility. Of course that my be my disappointment talking.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The TD on the kick return and the red zone fumble made it look closer than it was. Jackson was awful. Still think he is the organization's Achilles Heel.
GTFO practice squad troll

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor

If this isn't damning for the coaching staff, idk what is.

We had a whole offseason to look at what the Titans did defensively. Maybe Lamar isn't completely accurate in saying they had the same gameplan, but if he is, wtf is Harbaugh and Roman doing?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Lmao, our "Achilles heel"? He didn't play well tonight, but that's some bullshit right there.

And Lamar + Reid, Bienemy, and all those weapons would have been a nightmare.

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
Had a friend adamant about betting "5 Large" on the Raven's giving points at M&T Bank with the huge Regular Season winning streak. I told him this was the Superbowl MVP and though Action Jackson can run, he's a liability if you take his Tight Ends out of the game. Well, they took the Tight Ends out of the game and guess what. If one is wearing an Action Jackson avatar one is not going to understand. It just not gonna work.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Had a friend adamant about betting "5 Large" on the Raven's giving points at M&T Bank with the huge Regular Season winning streak. I told him this was the Superbowl MVP and though Action Jackson can run, he's a liability if you take his Tight Ends out of the game. Well, they took the Tight Ends out of the game and guess what. If one is wearing an Action Jackson avatar one is not going to understand. It just not gonna work.
And your avatar is a symbol of intelligence and sagaciousness right?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Mods, can we ban this troll please?

If this isn't damning for the coaching staff, idk what is.

We had a whole offseason to look at what the Titans did defensively. Maybe Lamar isn't completely accurate in saying they had the same gameplan, but if he is, wtf is Harbaugh and Roman doing?

If that's true, and Jackson is in the position to know, then that is completely pathetic. They have to get this under control because every team in the league is gonna do it until they figure out how to beat it.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I will NEVER for the life of me understand why we abandon the run when we’re down by just a little against a great team. It’s just mind boggling. Stick to your damn strength

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
We got absolutely whooped on national TV on both defence and offence.

Lamar looked out of sorts and even angry at times.
The passing game as a whole was awful - drops, missed passes, missed chances - not enough separation against not a great secondary either. The Chiefs clearly disrespected us in their defensive meetings all week because they did not feel threatened by us at all.

We were completely outcoached by Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy AGAIN. They knew exactly what we would do all game and game-planned around it perfectly - their only turnover came on a fumble downfield after they got the 1st down. Their pre-snap and post-snap motion and design was awesome and it took advantage of our young linebackers.

They did the worst thing they could do to us - they made every single one of our players look like individuals and not part of a unit.

The only positives are this:

1) Tucker is still the GOAT
2) Special Teams as a whole is vastly improved on last year and Duvernay showed off that electric speed (again though he was in the gameplan early and then disappeared from that gameplan after the first couple of drives so I don't really know what's going on there)
3) It's only week 3 and it's the regular season - there's a lot of stuff to learn and if we had any delusions that we were just going to coast through the regular season back to the 1 seed then that's gone. Lots of things to work on.

I hate weeks after we lose. I hate them even more when there's nothing positive to hang your hat on. It feels embarrassing to be a fan when you get schooled like that.

Especially on MNF

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I love Deshon but he got shown up tonight too by those Chiefs weapons
Marcus Peters had his worst game as a Raven
Both rookie linebackers looked lost at times too

basically all those defensive pieces in the back 7 that were different to last time we played the chiefs got taken advantage of

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Listen, I'm saying this knowing I'm gonna get a lot of "really, come on, you're just being a hater/flacco homeboy"

Ive moved on, and I'm all in for Lamar. I think he has tons of potential and one bad game doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

but I can't help but notice how Lamar puts up lots of stats and wins on mediocre teams, but can't beat the best and really hasn't had any performances in the clutch.

Flacco is in most ways more limited than Lamar, even comparing Flacco to Lamar in his prime.

But man, I miss one thing about Flacco - when we were behind and in big games, I knew he COULD and many times had stepped up.

Lamar is still young, I just want to see him progress and be able to light it up not just to bear up on inferior teams but to help carry his team to victory in the tough games and moments in the clutch.

I remember Flacco in that Vikings game in 2009, the Texans and Falcons games in 2010, Steelers and Pats in 2011, so many moments where Flacco played his best while the team let him down, sometimes so much that his comeback efforts were foiled by missed field goals or defensive gaffles. But with Flacco, we could be down 14 with 5 minutes left and I wouldn't turn the tv off. Unfortunately with Lamar, we get down two scores at any point in the game and I get discouraged easily.

I don't regret moving on from Flacco with Lamar, I just get frustrated that he has all this talent but seems to be developing a habit of choking in bigger moments.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Now do you see why @JAAM and I were saying #SIIE on damn near every post regarding these three names?????????
Bro, FOR THE WHOLE OFFSEASON (not a slight to JoeyFlex at all, just wished the front office handled things differently)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I will NEVER for the life of me understand why we abandon the run when we’re down by just a little against a great team. It’s just mind boggling. Stick to your damn strength

but then we did the thing that went against the analytics too on that very first drive - i know you want to get on the board but you dont beat KC with field goals - we called a 3rd down play that suggested we might go for it on 4th down and then didnt

we lost 4 points on that drive and we lost 4 points on the andrews drop