• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Damn what the hell happened with stone? He must have had some character issues or something because it was shocking that he fell as far as he did and now he’s already cut

the fact that he wasnt active on special teams i imagine had a big part to play in this - as a safety you should be the ideal type of player to be effective in special teams and the fact that he couldnt prove himself at all in that area through 4 weeks is troubling - if he was physical enough and quick enough to play safety in our scheme then he would have been talented enough to contribute significantly on special teams

it's got to be partially related to khalil dorsey no longer being protectable - i reckon they'll re-sign stone to the PS if he makes it through waivers but if he doesnt they wont mind that much

Simba

Staff Member
the fact that he wasnt active on special teams i imagine had a big part to play in this - as a safety you should be the ideal type of player to be effective in special teams and the fact that he couldnt prove himself at all in that area through 4 weeks is troubling - if he was physical enough and quick enough to play safety in our scheme then he would have been talented enough to contribute significantly on special teams

it's got to be partially related to khalil dorsey no longer being protectable - i reckon they'll re-sign stone to the PS if he makes it through waivers but if he doesnt they wont mind that much

Yeah I don't think they're super worried about Stone, but waiving him today is also a sign that they'd like to keep him if possible. It would require a team being a man down on the 53 for Sunday if they were to claim him. I don't think the chances of him being claimed are high anyways but it makes sense to do it today as opposed to Saturday when we typically would.

And it's almost guaranteed to be someone from the PS to the 53, unless they've had someone going through the protocols under wraps for the last several days.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I don't think they're super worried about Stone, but waiving him today is also a sign that they'd like to keep him if possible. It would require a team being a man down on the 53 for Sunday if they were to claim him. I don't think the chances of him being claimed are high anyways but it makes sense to do it today as opposed to Saturday when we typically would.

And it's almost guaranteed to be someone from the PS to the 53, unless they've had someone going through the protocols under wraps for the last several days.

almost certainly warrior or dorsey (most likely dorsey)

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
almost certainly warrior or dorsey (most likely dorsey)

I wouldn't count out Marcus Gilchrist. Veteran defensive back with experience playing at nicker corner and safety. He probably the most versatile secondary player on The Ravens practice squad .

Simba

Staff Member
I wouldn't count out Marcus Gilchrist. Veteran defensive back with experience playing at nicker corner and safety. He probably the most versatile secondary player on The Ravens practice squad .

I think Dorsey makes more sense now for the 53 since we ran out of free elevations for him. We can still do that twice with Gilchrist before being forced to make a move. But yeah, I wouldn't count him out. Adds depth all in the defensive backfield.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I think Dorsey makes more sense now for the 53 since we ran out of free elevations for him. We can still do that twice with Gilchrist before being forced to make a move. But yeah, I wouldn't count him out. Adds depth all in the defensive backfield.

It seems that you were correct. This Dorsey kid must have been impressive to make it to the 53 man squad over Bonds and Gilchrist.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Damn what happened to Tyree? Was it something in the game or practice

he didnt play the last few snaps against washington - i thought he'd been taken out a bit like against the browns but im guessing it was injury related in stead then

just checked the last play and didnt see anything that would suggest he got hurt or even could have been hurt

maybe it was an injury he picked up earlier in the game but only noticed later when the adrenaline wore off

Simba

Staff Member
It seems that you were correct. This Dorsey kid must have been impressive to make it to the 53 man squad over Bonds and Gilchrist.

He's been playing a lot of ST in his 2 games. On nearly all units too.

Simba

Staff Member

inactives are gonna be so hard to predict this week lol

Weird choices for sure... Colon-Castillo in particular. Would seem that Mekari will get the start at RG but it's weird to burn one of his call ups for him to just be a backup when you have Bredeson in there. I understand they may not want to move guys all around (e.g. Mekari to C is Skura were to get hurt) but I'd just rather not burn these call ups.

Gilchrist makes a little more sense since it seems they need a true backup S. Not sure who sits in his place, though, but at least Gilchrist is seemingly a need consider we used Board at S last week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Weird choices for sure... Colon-Castillo in particular. Would seem that Mekari will get the start at RG but it's weird to burn one of his call ups for him to just be a backup when you have Bredeson in there. I understand they may not want to move guys all around (e.g. Mekari to C is Skura were to get hurt) but I'd just rather not burn these call ups.

Gilchrist makes a little more sense since it seems they need a true backup S. Not sure who sits in his place, though, but at least Gilchrist is seemingly a need consider we used Board at S last week.

i mean bredeson is only just learning to play C whereas Colon-Castillo has played there in college and all training camp - and the only reason the call-up is a problem is if these injuries linger

i honestly find the gilchrist elevation weirder but i guess he's played a lot of special teams in his career and has some backend versatility - we've gone from only 9 DBs to 10 + an elevation every week despite the loss of tavon young

this is what zrebiec said about colon-castillo: